Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

7 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Can anyone tell if the tram would fit on the roller coaster style tracks? It looks like the wheel base is narrower than the regular trains but I can't tell if it's the right size for those smaller tracks

From the pictures, I feel quite sure it is the normal 6 studs gauge.

Oh wow, I like it a lot, but I feel cheated that they are asking $200 for it...

52 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Same here. I understand Lego lost a lot of money due to the COVID issue. But they could at least offer some reasonable prices. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Same here. I understand Lego lost a lot of money due to the COVID issue. But they could at least offer some reasonable prices. 

$160 would be more reasonable...

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Yeah, it's got some nice elements but for $200USD and looking at the box art, I expected there to be some (raised) track for the tram!  If it had a loop of track in addition to everything else I think the price would have been justified.

The junk cart thing isn't my cup of tea either, but I guess there's some play value there.  Seems rather unpolished compared to everything else (which is probably what they were going for) but still odd.  Also, is there some ongoing story element that I'm missing as to why the mayor is wearing a corn suit?  If there was a farm or food festival going on or something like that I could see it but, again, just seems like a really odd choice to include if there's not some more context there.  :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, deraven said:

Yeah, it's got some nice elements but for $200USD and looking at the box art, I expected there to be some (raised) track for the tram!  If it had a loop of track in addition to everything else I think the price would have been justified.

The junk cart thing isn't my cup of tea either, but I guess there's some play value there.  Seems rather unpolished compared to everything else (which is probably what they were going for) but still odd.  Also, is there some ongoing story element that I'm missing as to why the mayor is wearing a corn suit?  If there was a farm or food festival going on or something like that I could see it but, again, just seems like a really odd choice to include if there's not some more context there.  :shrug_confused:

All these named characters, and I believe the corncob, are from LEGO City Adventures....I think. Not sure if it’s strictly online .org if it’s a network TV show as well. 

That price was quite a hit in the gut. That’s asking way too much...it doesn’t feel like we’re getting $200 worth. It’s definitely a nice set for the most part though. It has some cool elements in there. 

LEGO 60270 Main Square is a real surprise for me! 

I thought only disappointing 60271 60272 and 60273 are the new city sets that I definitely won't get any one of them.....

Under the epidermic and difficult time I am really appreciated that Lego is releasing city sets more frequently..... because I buy only city and modular buildings...

17 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I was really hoping 60271 was going to be $100-$150...I still think I'll get it at $200 but I wish they had excluded the fire/police stuff and gone for a better price point :/ also $200 for a 1500 piece City set isn't the best value even with the train pieces

Can anyone tell if the tram would fit on the roller coaster style tracks? It looks like the wheel base is narrower than the regular trains but I can't tell if it's the right size for those smaller tracks

I think it will use the smaller flanged wheels on the same axle plate as the orange tram from a few years back. If I’m right, it means it’ll run on regular rails, not roller coaster ones.  That said, it would be great if they did make roller coaster versions as then it’d be cheap and easy to elevate it.

Even with buildings included, €180 is just way to steep when you can get multiple 3-in-1 buildings or a Modular instead.

Vehicles are less of my interest here.

Edited by TeriXeri

Someone in the Lego pricing department has clearly based the pricing on the box art alone......

Where is the elevated track we were discussing months ago.  oh yeah, just some box artwork....lol

I'd actually like to pick up a couple of the trams, but the rest of the set is a no go for me, I just hope they are not too expensive on ebay when people part them out.

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

All these named characters, and I believe the corncob, are from LEGO City Adventures....I think. Not sure if it’s strictly online .org if it’s a network TV show as well. 

That price was quite a hit in the gut. That’s asking way too much...it doesn’t feel like we’re getting $200 worth. It’s definitely a nice set for the most part though. It has some cool elements in there. 

I understand that CITY sets are more expensive in general, but that's still way to much.

As soon as this 60271 set was introduced to public, I was fired immediately... well, this isn't going to stop me to buy it. :)

27 minutes ago, Maxentius said:

As soon as this 60271 set was introduced to public, I was fired immediately... well, this isn't going to stop me to buy it. :)

Why were you fired?

For a town hall type building,70425-1: Newbury Haunted High School would be a much better alternative, while it's still available, even uses the same color scheme (just leave off some stickers and the green parts).

I feel the set overall could easily be split in different sets :

• Pop Stage + Limo
  • Tram + Stop
  • Townhall + Park + Burger Bar

But I know the purpose of those sets likely is to be some gift-pack so kids have an all-in-one scene to play with multiple people with, it even says "build together".

Conclusion, not a bad set, but just doesn't appeal me 100% for that price, I'd rather get some 3-in-1 buildings or Friends etc. , and then Xtra theme sets like plants and stickers could be used to expand that.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

Why were you fired?

Just because of that original comment I wrote months ago... Well, I have learnt the lesson. 

A really poor set in my opinion; seems there's no love nor thought behind the design. Just one car, tram etc. tossed into a probably huge (and half empty) box so kids will be misled and force parents to buy it. And the price... the same as for Barracuda Bay?! If it wasn't so hot outside one could mistake it for an April fools joke...

54 minutes ago, Maxentius said:

Just because of that original comment I wrote months ago... Well, I have learnt the lesson. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with finding a new job. 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, TeriXeri said:

A Forest setting would also give them a chance to use this in a normal color , as explorers sets have some animals in them usually.

6270315.jpg6300146.jpg

It's coming!

A regular version of the stag patronus has leaked. Apparently, its from the Elf ClubHouse rumored winter village set

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It's coming!

A regular version of the stag patronus has leaked. Apparently, its from the Elf ClubHouse rumored winter village set

That looks nice indeed, certainly useful for a Santa reindeer, or Forest(men) animal, since a saddle or sled can be attached via the gap in the back.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 8/13/2020 at 9:19 AM, jus1973 said:

I think it will use the smaller flanged wheels on the same axle plate as the orange tram from a few years back. If I’m right, it means it’ll run on regular rails, not roller coaster ones.  That said, it would be great if they did make roller coaster versions as then it’d be cheap and easy to elevate it.

I stand corrected.  The bumf on lego.com, says rail less wheels, so I’m going with very small wheels, which is a shame.