Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

No, that's regular orange, they mean like on the 2018 passenger train set, 60197. But looking back, the first grainy leaked image of 60197 looked yellow too... but it turned out to be Bright Light Orange. (I managed to save a copy onto my hard drive) Anything's possible!

The 2018 passenger train looked more like cheese yellow than light orange to me. Call me colorblind. But that's what I saw. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

The 2018 passenger train looked more like cheese yellow than light orange to me. Call me colorblind. But that's what I saw. 

It certainly looks like a cheese yellow https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Flame-Yellowish-Orange .

I think the bricklink name of Bright Light Orange is more appropriate, as it's basicly very slightly more orange compared to Bright Yellow.

The name Bright Light Orange also sets it apart from Bright Light Yellow (the color of the 2019 Fire and 2020 Police sets)

There was a Medium Orange color that looked more like orange cheddar but that color hasn't been used for 10 years.

But even so , LEGO colors vary a lot on screens/photos compared to the real bricks , or even depending on lighting.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

It certainly looks like a cheese yellow https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Flame-Yellowish-Orange .

I think the bricklink name of Bright Light Orange is more appropriate, as it's basicly very slightly more orange compared to Bright Yellow.

The name Bright Light Orange also sets it apart from Bright Light Yellow (the color of the 2019 Fire and 2020 Police sets)

There was a Medium Orange color that looked more like orange cheddar but that color hasn't been used for 10 years.

But even so , LEGO colors vary a lot on screens/photos compared to the real bricks , or even depending on lighting.

I can attest to that. I remember getting some Mountain Police vehicles back in 2018 (The theme itself was pointless. But the vehicles were actually pretty good.) and I thought they were royal blue only to see that they used a lighter blue. Not that its a big deal. 

Great Scott! I can't believe no one has thought of this yet!

I wonder how many people are going to use the new Main Square's (set 60271) town hall coupled with the old Delorean time machine set 21103 and have it "wired" to the clock tower part to send Marty back to the future? I know I just might with my MOC Delorean!

I searched for images of the set number 60197, and to be honest the color of the front piece it s completely diferent then the new version of the piece used for the most recent tram. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/81ZwQj13SeDbHG9J9

Here is a link of image of the set 60197 ☝️

https://images.app.goo.gl/KMPnV3oxDkna5mcC9

Here is a link of the new set 60271 ☝️.

28 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Great Scott! I can't believe no one has thought of this yet!

I wonder how many people are going to use the new Main Square's (set 60271) town hall coupled with the old Delorean time machine set 21103 and have it "wired" to the clock tower part to send Marty back to the future? I know I just might with my MOC Delorean!

I Will buy the main square set and use it to complete my City, i have some trees that came from fire sets that can be good to expand the Park ( included on the set 60271) and I will put the town hall on the center of my city, I was searching for a town hall set these days and when i saw the new set(60271) I was like this:angel_sing:

Edited by Powered by Bricks

If you have the old Town Plan set from 2008, the town hall from that would be much better for a BTTF creation than this one :)

On 8/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, froggy95 said:

Is that the seagull (Center of building by guy with broom) or a new bird? Appears the be the same mold. Possible a new print? 

On 8/1/2020 at 12:26 PM, Wesley D said:

I first thougt it was a new bird mould, but now I've seen a better picture I think it's a seagull.

I was sure we had finally gotten our first pigeon mould until I saw a better picture and it turned out to be the seagull in an odd angle :hmpf_bad:

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

If you have the old Town Plan set from 2008, the town hall from that would be much better for a BTTF creation than this one :)

What town planning set are you talking about?

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I was sure we had finally gotten our first pigeon mould until I saw a better picture and it turned out to be the seagull in an odd angle :hmpf_bad:

I’ve been waiting and waiting for a pigeon. Hopefully, it comes in a set and not a CMF series so I can buy about 25 and not break my bank. 

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I'm sure there is room for a pigeon mould somewhere in a City set. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I always figured the bird could be a white pigeon in the 2020 mail plane, it's simple, but for now, it's the closest to one.

tn_60250_alt3_jpg.jpg6253309.jpg

Now of course a more realistic pigeon could work, but this bird is included in both minifig and minidoll sets from 2019 onward so it's a bit more generic.

As for the bird being small, compared to the seagull mould, city pigeons are quite a bit smaller then the larger seagulls I often see.

Only exception would be the wood pigeon is larger then a black-headed gull.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I always figured the bird could be a white pigeon in the 2020 mail plane, it's simple, but for now, it's the closest to one.

Now of course a more realistic pigeon could work, but this bird is included in both minifig and minidoll sets from 2019 onward so it's a bit more generic.

As for the bird being small, compared to the seagull mould, city pigeons are quite a bit smaller then the larger seagulls I often see.

Only exception would be the wood pigeon is larger then a black-headed gull.

That is a sparrow or similar, do not look like a pigeon at all. The size is not spot on in Lego especially with the smaller animals and that is probably the smallest they can make a bird and still have the stud on :shrug_oh_well:
Even the feral pigeon is bigger/heavier than the black-headed gull, but I agree most gulls are bigger than pigeons. However if/when they make a pigeon mould it would be no doubt that it is a pigeon, unlike now when the small bird is the "closes thing" we got :wink:

Picked up the little divers submarine today. Not a bad set even though its a 4+ set. The only "bigger" part in there is the big yellow part for the body of the submarine and I am sure even that might be useful for something.

And its not bad value either at the price I paid :) I paid $9 for it here in Australia and the hammerhead shark and figure alone would have cost nearly that much on Bricks & Pieces (both were on my B&P wish list when I made the order but the hammerhead shark body was out of stock so I decided to buy the submarine set instead and take the figure parts off the order as well and I am glad I did :)

Thanks for the information! :classic:

60272 seems to look ok. :classic:

60271 is imo not as outstanding as the previous city center type sets have been - a shop (instead of the burger bar) is definately missing and the inside ot the city hall is quite lame. It's wasting bricks and money that there are a fire heli plus a police quad included. Plus I've got mixed feelings about the park. But I really like the tram, the outside of the city hall (and that we get a city hall at all), the music stage and the black limousine. So all in all I think it's a great (but not awesome) set. :wub:

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thanks for the information! :classic:

60272 seems to look ok. :classic:

60271 is imo not as outstanding as the previous city center type sets have been - a shop (instead of the burger bar) is definately missing and the inside ot the city hall is quite lame. It's wasting bricks and money that there are a fire heli plus a police quad included. Plus I've got mixed feelings about the park. But I really like the tram, the outside of the city hall (and that we get a city hall at all), the music stage and the black limousine. So all in all I think it's a great (but not awesome) set. :wub:

I think this may be the first time I'd get a town planning set for the vehicles and the restaurant. The town hall doesn't attract me either. But the burger joint is pretty nice along with the tram and limo. The cat saving helicopter is actually some good comic relief for the set. I'd give this set a B. 

this town plan is not my cup of tea. al tough that train cowl works good for this tram i stil really don't like the placement for the lights.
the podium and burgershop are nice, the limo maybe but there is not much more to it.

and there is no way that is a real monorail track.

I was really hoping 60271 was going to be $100-$150...I still think I'll get it at $200 but I wish they had excluded the fire/police stuff and gone for a better price point :/ also $200 for a 1500 piece City set isn't the best value even with the train pieces

Can anyone tell if the tram would fit on the roller coaster style tracks? It looks like the wheel base is narrower than the regular trains but I can't tell if it's the right size for those smaller tracks

53 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Ok! So...what about the new police sets. Will those becoming to the states? 

yes they will, my brother thinks they will be a store exclusive, then officially release. but im not sure, we will have to see.

2 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Can anyone tell if the tram would fit on the roller coaster style tracks? It looks like the wheel base is narrower than the regular trains but I can't tell if it's the right size for those smaller tracks

I agree about the wheel base, but I'm not sure whether the distances between the axles (which seem fixed within each of the articulated sections) would allow the tram to navigate the roller coaster curves as those seem pretty sharp from what I can remember off the top of my head.