Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The mayor is wearing the.......... S17 corn cob suit???

What is this idiocy? *huh*

How many CMF prints and parts that have been usually exclusive have been put into sets this year? Stuff like this is just making CMFs worth less. :/ 

Is that the seagull (Center of building by guy with broom) or a new bird? Appears the be the same mold. Possible a new print? 

I first thougt it was a new bird mould, but now I've seen a better picture I think it's a seagull.

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

At least the tram is using a recolor of the 2018 CITY passenger train piece in yellow. I have a MOC with just the place to use this piece! (British Rail anyone?)

Agreed.  Though isn’t it the same colour? Wasn’t 60197 just yellow with stickers on the sides?

6 hours ago, Wesley D said:

But I can't be too dissapointed as it looks there's a statue of a forestman! Could it be a hint The Castle in the Forest will make it on LEGO Ideas?

I'd hope so, but Nexo Knights also had a forestmen robot character , complete with 1x1 printed forestmen tile.

33 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Agreed.  Though isn’t it the same colour? Wasn’t 60197 just yellow with stickers on the sides?

2018 train was the more orange variant of yellow (Bright Light Orange / Flame Yellowish Orange)

https://brickset.com/parts/6226707/train-front-no-1

6226707.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

12 hours ago, Salix said:

4% VAT difference doesn't explain the 20% price difference though.

Nevertheless LEGO sets are often less expensive in Germany than in Denmark, as pointed out in the examples given. On a European scale Denmark is quite expensive when it comes to LEGO. Personally I found it worth carrying home a Modular building from Germany to Denmark.

Edited by LAKAbricks

8 hours ago, Wesley D said:

But I can't be too dissapointed as it looks there's a statue of a forestman! Could it be a hint The Castle in the Forest will make it on LEGO Ideas?

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I'd hope so, but Nexo Knights also had a forestmen robot character , complete with 1x1 printed forestmen tile.

I hope it's a teaser to some possible Forest Exploration sets. It could mainly focus on finding valuables in the ancient castle ruins similar to what Jungle Explorers did. Only it takes place just outside the city instead of in a faraway land. 

34 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I hope it's a teaser to some possible Forest Exploration sets. It could mainly focus on finding valuables in the ancient castle ruins similar to what Jungle Explorers did. Only it takes place just outside the city instead of in a faraway land. 

A Forest setting would also give them a chance to use this in a normal color , as explorers sets have some animals in them usually.

6270315.jpg6300146.jpg

Just now, TeriXeri said:

A Forest setting would also give them a chance to use this in a normal color , as explorers sets have some animals in them usually.

6270315.jpg6300146.jpg

you're right

The patronus pieces would work perfectly there

32 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

6270315.jpg6300146.jpg

Now those would be the perfect animal moulds for a wave of forest exploration sets. C'mon Lego. There is so much potential here. 

52 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Now those would be the perfect animal moulds for a wave of forest exploration sets. C'mon Lego. There is so much potential here. 

HARD agree! *AND* an otter?! Would be falling over myself to buy.

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

The City Passenger train nose piece in bright-light-orange.

To me it looks like it’s the same colour as in 60197. I don’t think it has been recoloured to yellow.

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

6270315.jpg6300146.jpg

I doubt those molds are designed with solid colors in mind. Transparent and solid-colored Lego parts frequently use separate molds since the different materials have different properties when it comes to things like their clutch and how they cool when they come out of the mold.

1 minute ago, Lyichir said:

I doubt those molds are designed with solid colors in mind. Transparent and solid-colored Lego parts frequently use separate molds since the different materials have different properties when it comes to things like their clutch and how they cool when they come out of the mold.

So you don't think we could see deer or rabbit moulds? 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I know there are differences in plastic types, so I do understand the point, like there are parts only made in solid color, that'd otherwise might look nice as car headlights etc if transparent.

29119.t1.png11477.t1.png6091.t1.png

But this is turning a bit into wishlisting so I'll move it here

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/9448-ideas-for-new-city-sets

Edited by TeriXeri

20 hours ago, The Cobra said:

https://legocityadventures.fandom.com/wiki/Solomon_Fleck

It's a nice show, too bad it spoiled the City theme.

20 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

How many CMF prints and parts that have been usually exclusive have been put into sets this year? Stuff like this is just making CMFs worth less. :/ 

Oh I see

I thought the characters from that show were just random named citizens. But this getting dumb... 

Thanks for the info. 

Promobricks revealed new and better quality imagens of the set 60271 main square, they said that the set will cost 159,99 euros in Germany and that the set Will have more then 1500 pieces.

The interior of the Diner includes a kitchen and a eating zone. The town hall interior has a Office on the first floor ,a wardrobe on the second floor and some golden things on the entrance.    

Here is a link

https://images.app.goo.gl/syZz4cSNBhFtCVmB9

8 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Promobricks revealed new and better quality imagens

Look at the back of the box: the tram is definately not connected to any tracks, it stands alone, as does the kiosk

I think its clear from the newer better pictures that the tram is unfortunately still Bright Light Orange...

6 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I think its clear from the newer better pictures that the tram is unfortunately still Bright Light Orange...

You mean like this one? 

60097.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

17 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Tram looks normal yellow to me, when compared to the pieces hanging between the trees, which are bright light orange I think.

I think the Limo has a bright light orange stripe as well.

But the corn suit/station/tram/fences/coffee mug look normal yellow.

Difference is subtle, and on some pictures it's still hard to see.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-60271-city-main-square-presale/106044/

Edited by TeriXeri

58 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

You mean like this one? 

SNIP

No, that's regular orange, they mean like on the 2018 passenger train set, 60197. But looking back, the first grainy leaked image of 60197 looked yellow too... but it turned out to be Bright Light Orange. (I managed to save a copy onto my hard drive) Anything's possible!

Edited by Murdoch17