Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

15 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

LOL! The summer wave is basically a fall wave for the US. :tongue:

Portugal is lucky now

2 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Portugal is lucky now

Here in my country the Lego city sets used to come a month before the oficial release date

Edited by Powered by Bricks

There is a leak up on IG for a City D2C 60271 Main Square. Has this been discussed before? New to this thread - I'm interested because it looks like there is a tram or monorail

OH MY GAWD!!!!! I'm soooooo excited for this set. It has a burger joint, a school building and the yellow tram. It also has a fire helicopter and a limo along with Mayor Freck. It's about frickin time we got him in a set. This set is totally on my list along with the passenger plane and the divers ship. 

lego-city-60271-main-square.jpg

Edited by Brandon Pea

The set doesn't actually come with an elevated monorail, does it? Because I can't tell whether the monorail track is actually part of the set or just part of the background...

I bet it comes with the tram but no rails.

16 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

The set doesn't actually come with an elevated monorail, does it? Because I can't tell whether the monorail track is actually part of the set or just part of the background...

Dunno! I can't really tell either. 

2 minutes ago, icm said:

I bet it comes with the tram but no rails.

Even if it doesn't, I don't care. I still love it. For a while, I've been longing for the public transportation industry to get more fame in City sets. 

Looks like that Hungarian guy was correct about the yellow tram. :)

That's a great set for sure.

But my main concerns are: 

• Is the "Monorail track" real or just painted on the box? (false advertising?).
  • Price 1399 DKK = €188, so probably €200 set :sceptic:

Edited by TeriXeri

Looks like dual molded arms and MAYBE a new torso on Duke, but sadly nothing for Harl or Freya, minus the old torso with the newest helmet.

Anyone knows what price that is in dollars or other currency's? Anything over 120$ seems like a lot for what you get.

Another fire helicopter because everyone doesn't have enough of those. Another tram/monorail but no tracks for it...

Poly bag vehicles and one limo, a Diner build which just looks like the burger bar in the fire city set from last year.

Very unimpressed, will wait for its clearance to decide if i get this or just buy one of the previous capital city sets which even after reseller markup look to be better value.

Just now, SWC0llect0r said:

Anyone knows what price that is in dollars or other currency's? Anything over 120$ seems like a lot for what you get.

1400 DKK = €188 = US $221

Seems to be way more expensive then what's shown, unless that monorail is a brick-built overpass instead of just artwork.

Edited by TeriXeri

22 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Seems to be way more expensive then what's shown, unless that monorail is a brick-built overpass instead of just artwork.

Wow yeah no way is that thing worth even 150$ let alone over 200$ unless it has a hidden track somewhere that isn't shown.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Wasn't it that the Danish government has very high taxes? That could explain the absurdly high price. I'd give it €120 tops based on the volume of stuff.

I just compared the fire in the city set which costs €99 in the Netherlands and in Denmark it costs 899 DKK which is roughly €120.

So converting 1400 DKK to euro minus 20% taxes brings it to around €150 which is still a lot for a set that looks to be worth €120 on first glance.

Edited by Salix

omg i love that so much, i think its a town hall so thats new

im definitley buying this

looks like it comes with mayor freck, snake rattler, duke, freya, poppy starr, and harl.

may not be too complicated, but its mostly stuff that city has never done before with the diner, town hall, park, and stage

51 minutes ago, Salix said:

Wasn't it that the Danish government has very taxes? That could explain the absurdly high price. I'd give it €120 tops based on the volume of stuff.

Denmark has 25% VAT, Netherlands has 21%, which would make it €180, Germany has 16% (19% originally but now lowered during Covid) could possibly make the price around €170.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, toopizza13 said:

im guessing $160 for the us price

I wouldn't count on that, $200 is more realistic

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Denmark has 25% VAT, Netherlands has 21%, which would make it €180, Germany has 16% (19% originally but now lowered during Covid) could possibly make the price around €170.

4% VAT difference doesn't explain the 20% price difference though.

31 minutes ago, Salix said:

4% VAT difference doesn't explain the 20% price difference though.

Pirates of Barracuda Bay is 1600 DKK in Denmark, which would convert to €215, but if you lower that by around 4% , you end up at the €200 price in NL, and that same set is €194 in Germany since they recently lowered german VAT by another 3% (9% lower then Denmark) 

But I get your point, in other cases, set prices can sometimes vary a lot, which can't be explained on different VAT rates

Often prices get rounded up or down, but even then, doesn't explain why something like the Cargo Train is €10 more expensive in France etc.

I keep bringing up 2018 75203 Hoth Medical Chamber as an extreme example, $30 set costing either €40, €45, or even €50 in some Euro countries, but many €20 City sets can cost $30 in US somehow.

Anyhow, not really a City discussion anymore. 

Edited by TeriXeri

At least the tram is using a recolor of the 2018 CITY passenger train piece in yellow. I have a MOC with just the place to use this piece! (British Rail anyone?)

56 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

may not be too complicated, but its mostly stuff that city has never done before with the diner, town hall, park, and stage

...or the BLACK limo. A limos by City have been white. Black 8s a new route. 

The mayor is wearing the.......... S17 corn cob suit???

What is this idiocy? *huh*

As always there are some parts and even builds in those big City sets that really interest me, while the redudant and recurrent builds make those sets too expensive. I would prefer the different builds being improved and rereased individually. I'm curious if these big sets are popular.

I also prefer generic minifigures instead of those repetitive characters.

But I can't be too dissapointed as it looks there's a statue of a forestman! Could it be a hint The Castle in the Forest will make it on LEGO Ideas?

Looks Ike the usual for these big sets. Overall they’re decent sets...but a few things are pretty great. Love the stage & park areas. That little kiosk could be fun, but I can’t quite tell what it is(assumed ticket booth for the train). Burger joint is lackluster. City Hall is pretty cool though. And is that red box thing a soap boxes derby type car? Because it sure looks like one to me.