Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

On 4/25/2020 at 12:05 PM, BrickCitizen said:

Check Out the Latest Collection of LEGO City Summer 2020 Sets

I REALLY liked this set, it remember me so much of that cargo ship from 2007, this is the real Lego city

I think the ships released before 2010 were much better than this one so at the end of the day I have skipped this set, and already got the two new areoplanes!

6 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I think the ships released before 2010 were much better than this one so at the end of the day I have skipped this set, and already got the two new areoplanes!

Yeah! Especially the 2013 Coast Guard Ship with the helicopter pad. Been trying to get my hands on that one. 

10 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Disappointing sets. But I will probably get only 60274 when it's on deal. I won't get it when it is Euro 20. I am confident that it will hit below Euro 10 then I will get it.

Very disappointing! I was hoping the unnamed sets would be a public transportation wave. Instead, another 2020 police wave. I still disagree with there being two police waves a year. Bad enough we get one every January. As far as pricing goes, I'm looking at $30.00 USD. 

10 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I really don't understand when Lego is releasing so many sets now every year of different themes and topics why they just don't release a nice-looking police station like set 6398?? Even one is good. Even one is enough for me to add to my brick city. Police stations of recent years are so bad

There's not much diversity as you may think. Most of it is really different types of police sets and different types of wildlife. Otherwise, it's really just the same thing in different form (a police chase or some exploration squad going to find something). City has gotten kinda boring recently. Only a handful of sets were on my buying list this year. That's been the case every year since 2015. 

Another list of retiring and possibly retiring sets : https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-sets-retiring-in-2020/

Now looking at it from another perspective, City 2019 sets that I don't see listed:

• Fire Station
  • Downtown Fire Brigade
  • Harvester Transport
  • Diving Yacht
  • Garbage Truck 4+
  • Police Patrol Car
  • Kayak Adventure
  • Desert Rally Racer

2018 City Train related sets are sticking around for another year also.

Sets on the list I do hope retire (from the maybe section)

• Sky Police Air Base
Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri Fire sets are underrated. They obviously don't sell well thus why we don't see them a lot. Same with the trains. I hope all Sky Police sets are thrown out soon. 

52 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Where are the spoilers? 

Some people don't like to know what's inside as they open the set each day over the course of 24 days in December, sites like Brickset even make their daily news posts about it.

So beside the box art, the official set pictures somtimes show more than is shown on the box.

Edited by TeriXeri

Gotta admit, after seeing the calendars, for me it's more of a case of being a bit disappointed in what the Friends calendar offers, instead of being super hyped for the City calendar.

But the City calendar certainly is a nice way to pick those named characters without having some of the other sets.

City calendar is also the cheapest of all 4 calendars for 2020, which kind of makes sense for what it offers in terms of volume. 

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

instead of being super hyped for the City calendar.

Same here! That one is really nice. Have had all since 1998 but this one really nice. Thanks for sharing the link(s)!

Best
Thorsten

So weird, 60251 City Monster Truck uses printed brick for the truck instead of stickers.

But they still do not like to make printed bricks for Police.

They really need to shake things up with the City Advent Calendar, because it's starting to feel irrelevant

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They really need to shake things up with the City Advent Calendar, because it's starting to feel irrelevant

Compared this to the Harry Potter one and it is a no-brainer which to choose :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Totally. They need fun themes rather than this. Who need more festive felons? ?

9 hours ago, ks6349 said:

So weird, 60251 City Monster Truck uses printed brick for the truck instead of stickers.

But they still do not like to make printed bricks for Police.

The police brick box doesn't have stickers. 

Was really looking forward into picking up the city calendar this year, because I really liked 2019 one. It had such a nice integration into the Winter Village aesthetic which I love to display during the holiday season. Even had a plan to would avoid spoilers and just buy it blindly. But I'm glad I didn't. Hard pass for me.

I liked the 2018 calendar, particularly that nearly all items were minifig scale toys, and the front room setting. The new one is not quite as ingeniously miniaturized, but has some good scaled down versions of real sets, and a good City road plan. 

13 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Is the set 60260 available ?

According LEGO.com it's coming to Europe on 1 August and the US on 1 September.

24 minutes ago, Salix said:

That sucks for Americans like myself. 

29 minutes ago, Salix said:

A few minutes ago i Saw the set available on my country's version of a website

Edited by Powered by Bricks

5 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

A few minutes ago i Saw the set available on my country's version of a website

I did check the Portuguese version of LEGO.com and that one also said 1 August. :sceptic: Perhaps other webshops already got it?

I was talking about of another site called FNAC, I was searching for Lego city and suddenly i saw the air Race set .

34 minutes ago, Salix said:

I did check the Portuguese version of LEGO.com and that one also said 1 August. :sceptic: Perhaps other webshops already got it?

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I was talking about of another site called FNAC, I was searching for Lego city and suddenly i saw the air Race set .

That explains it. :P They do indeed list it.