Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

26 minutes ago, icm said:

I wouldn't even call the situation an Easter egg 

I meant the actual prints/stickers in the sets cross-referencing HLC and LCI are an Easter Egg, just like they have put Bionicle stickers in Hidden Side sets etc.

But I can understand your point about having multiple airplanes releasing at the same year or even shelf-life cycle.

2019 Sky Police is still on the shelves, 2019 also had a Fire Plane, 2020 winter had a small City mail plane, so yes, putting a mid-sized airplane in Friends instead makes sense.

Hidden Side had a Biplane for 2020 also.

Sky Police is still in the newest catalogs so certainly still advertised.

Usually I keep Licensed themes out of the equation,  but since we talk about Minifigs and Minidolls, and Minions anyway, Spider-man Stark Jet set from 2019 was also a passenger jet that's still being sold.

A similar discussion was recently on Brickset regarding Space sets, while there have not been an official "Space" theme in years now, people tend to forget that multiple LEGO Movie 2 Spaceships were made, not just Benny sets, but on the other hand, most TLM2 sets were retired very quickly.

Edited by TeriXeri

As we’re talking about planes, who else thinks the planes in 60103 Airport Airshow are the best City planes ever produced?  Those big panels on the huge planes really annoy me, and the biplane in 60103 is a beauty.

2 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

As we’re talking about planes, who else thinks the planes in 60103 Airport Airshow are the best City planes ever produced?  Those big panels on the huge planes really annoy me, and the biplane in 60103 is a beauty.

FACTS!!!! I regret not getting those when they were out. I may actually try to find those planes on Bricklink. 

1 minute ago, Brandon Pea said:

FACTS!!!! I regret not getting those when they were out. I may actually try to find those planes on Bricklink. 

Glad to see you agree!  It’s actually my brother who has it, whilst I have the big airport set from 2016 - a big regret on my part.  I’m in a similar position to you as a result. I’m seriously jealous of him - I’m kind of hoping I’ll continue to like LEGO and he won’t...!

Edited by Vilhelm22

4 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Glad to see you agree!  It’s actually my brother who has it, whilst I have the big airport set from 2016 - a big regret on my part.  I’m in a similar position to you as a result.

Thanks! I agree because it's true. 2006 had an okay airport wave, but looking back on it, it was kinda boring. The 2016 Airport wave was the best. It was just right as they gave us everything. 2020 is probably the black sheep of the airport waves. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Certainly 3 very nice aircraft in that one set, I didn't collect City until like 2019 however.

2018 had a €10 Airshow Jet but it looks a bit comically proportioned as it's smaller.

I did love the 2019 Sky Police Jet and I have that one, on discount, but I see the retail price on it is pretty bad, $40 in US for that is way too much, I got it for like €19.

60208-1.jpg?201812041022

Edited by TeriXeri

My favorite 2020 set were the racing cars though. My only issue though was the torso for the red car driver. I would've made it gender neutral instead of breast and curves for female exclusiveness so that children could make that one a guy if they wanted to. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Explosiveness?  Surely that's autocorrect on your phone, right?  You mean expressiveness?

1 hour ago, icm said:

Explosiveness?  Surely that's autocorrect on your phone, right?  You mean expressiveness?

Auto correct. I meant exclusiveness 

There is something ironic that Lego annouce they will stop promotion of Police sets for the time being, due to all the current goings on........Three days later....a new police set leaks.......

3 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

There is something ironic that Lego annouce they will stop promotion of Police sets for the time being, due to all the current goings on........Three days later....a new police set leaks.......

I think that was just for like a short time, notably Blackout Tuesday, almost 3 weeks ago, LEGO themselves even still has a Sky Police picture for City on the Themes page of LEGO.com (even the US site)

As sets are designed in advance, I'd think that 2021 would be a better indicator on what really is happening in terms of new sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I think that was just for like a short time, notably Blackout Tuesday, almost 3 weeks ago, LEGO themselves even still has a Sky Police picture for City on the Themes page of LEGO.com (even the US site)

As sets are designed in advance, I'd think that 2021 would be a better indicator on what really is happening in terms of new sets.

Actually @paul_delahaye has a point. Let's be honest. Most sells of City sets are really just Lego parents buying these for children out of random - assuming that it would be something that their sons would love to play with. If this ish keeps happening the way it does, I doubt parents are going to keep buying sets centered around that kind of stuff for their children. Then police would NOT be their best seller.

Edited by Brandon Pea

i dont think lego would just stop selling police sets, they must sell well, what do yall think

Edited by toopizza13

22 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

i dont think lego would just stop selling police sets, they must sell well, what do yall think

If they stop becoming the best sellers, they still won't stop being produced. 

Theyll simply go back to the way it used to be during the golden age of City. Which is on three year rotation (2005, 2008, 2011) with classic police being the ONLY police subtheme. That, in my honest opinion, was a better system. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I'll tell you what tho. Lego is taking an awfully long time to release those divers sets. Usually summer explorers sets are released in June. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

The new underwater sets are already out here in Australia :)

Same with the 2 airports (the 4+ one and the other one with the bigger airplane)

21 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'll tell you what tho. Lego is taking an awfully long time to release those divers sets. Usually summer explorers sets are released in June. 

I read the US is having some issues with supply, because the Mexico factory was closed for weeks, Europe also had some supply issues until recently, especially some of the larger sets were on backorder up towards June.

Also I haven't seen a Netherlands catalog but I assume it's similar release date the Germany here, the Divers sets are listed as July 1st, and Creator 3-in-1 as well, which might explain that they haven't been available on sites like Amazon yet.

They are already sold at LEGO.com and a few other sites, but maybe the July 1st is a wider release, in comparison , the Airport sets are listed as June 1st, and more shops are selling those.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I read the US is having some issues with supply, because the Mexico factory was closed for weeks

Yeah! That makes sense. I didn't know the Mexico factory had anything to do with us in the states. I thought the factory here in the US dealt with our Lego matters. 

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

The new underwater sets are already out here in Australia :)

Same with the 2 airports (the 4+ one and the other one with the bigger airplane)

I saw that. I'm getting impatient though because I need the big submarine for my coast guard team. 

6 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Yeah! That makes sense. I didn't know the Mexico factory had anything to do with us in the states. I thought the factory here in the US dealt with our Lego matters. 

There's no US factory. There are only LEGO factories in Mexico, Denmark, Czechia, Hungary, and China.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:57 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Absolutely! we need more jet planes on that scale.

Imagine a line of colorful aerobatic jet planes (and propeller planes too, why not?) with simple swooshable builds, or even high quality ones like the blue power jet.

Edited by Nom Carver

A site called Brickfinder revealed oficially the 3 new summer Police sets ,all the sets have the same price of 20 euros 

The first set 60272 is called "elite Police boat Transporter 

The second set 60273 is called "elite Police chase drill

And finally the set number 60274 is called "elite Police Lighthouse boarding

The site even don t reveal imagens of the big d2c set but he Will be revealed soon.

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm still wondering why they didn't push thosw for Winter 2021 - which would've been the perfect time to release them. 

The only 2021 Police Set I'd like to see is maybe an Elite Police headquarter building, or instead, a mobile base truck in that dark blue/light yellow color scheme.

And then they could add a bigger version of this as well , either a Bank or Museum , then the drill vehicle at least makes some sense :

tn_60008_alt6_jpg.jpg

Could even add a red light brick for laser defense.

Still, I really think those new sets are good for €20 , especially the Helicopter/Lighthouse and Boats sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Still, I really think those new sets are good for €20 , especially the Helicopter/Lighthouse and Boats sets.

Even so....I do need a special force in my town. Nothing against police. Just the way they are distributed. 

Edited by Brandon Pea