Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

5 minutes ago, Glumsfield said:

I saw it. You did a great job. I might do that too. In my town, I use the crooks hideout as a reformatory school for ex-convicts seeking to right their lives. 

Its run by The Brickster from Lego Island who is no longer a criminal. 

10 minutes ago, x57bob said:

You should post some pics of your town @Brandon Pea!

I will when I finish all the buildings. Unless I can post a picture of what's in my mind, I can't really post pictures of my town. Right now my table town is on my desk and has to be taken down so I can put my computer up. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I saw it. You did a great job. I might do that too. In my town, I use the crooks hideout as a reformatory school for ex-convicts seeking to right their lives. 

Its run by The Brickster from Lego Island who is no longer a criminal. 

Love the positive vibes! Everybody deserves a second chance, even crooked LEGO minifigs! =)

15 minutes ago, Glumsfield said:

Love the positive vibes! Everybody deserves a second chance, even crooked LEGO minifigs! =)

Thanks =-)

15 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Is it true LEGO is not making Police sets anymore? 

They're not going to stop making them. They're just taking a break and halting promotions until this thing with George Floyd has blown over. Fire sets are also involved with that as well. In my opinion, it's a bad move. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

As far as I understood the message, it will only affect the release and marketing in the United States.

Still a bad move! The US is one of their biggest markets and City is their most popular theme and emergency sets sell. That's gonna have a crippling effect on the company.  

3 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Is it true LEGO is not making Police sets anymore? 

Of course not :hmpf: It was one day of promotion (not sale) on certain sets including police..

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

That's gonna have a crippling effect on the company. 

I think they will survive one day without advertising a few of the sets :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think they will survive one day without advertising a few of the sets :tongue:

Uh.....I'm pretty sure the article said "indefinitely". 

6 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Then I suggest you google it and read it again :wacko:

Maybe off topic but did the Harry Potter discussion chat close down cuz i can’t like see new messages anymore and i can’t comment anymore.

18 minutes ago, Melle_24 said:

Maybe off topic but did the Harry Potter discussion chat close down cuz i can’t like see new messages anymore and i can’t comment anymore.

Which Harry Potter discussion? There are several under 'Licenced.' I've had a problem with this very thead; I can't post anything on Google Chrome desktop. I'm posting this from my mobile. 

I'm aware we can't talk about the context anymore, so I'm just going to say I'm glad TLG clarified this

12 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

« We have not removed any products from sale or stopped marketing any products. On Tuesday we paused sharing social media content on our channels. We informed our Affiliate Program members about this and suggested they do the same.The move went into effect on June 2 — Blackout Tuesday, as it came to be known in music and technology circles. The spokesperson went on to tell TechCrunch that marketing of the aforementioned products is set to resume “within the next few days. »

https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/04/lego-pauses-marketing-of-police-sets-amid-protests/

That does not say indefinitely.

I can't explain my reasons why as it's against site guidelines to go political, so apologies for lack of an explanation, but I think this was a bad move on Lego's part.

8 hours ago, Memo5378 said:

« We have not removed any products from sale or stopped marketing any products. On Tuesday we paused sharing social media content on our channels. We informed our Affiliate Program members about this and suggested they do the same.The move went into effect on June 2 — Blackout Tuesday, as it came to be known in music and technology circles. The spokesperson went on to tell TechCrunch that marketing of the aforementioned products is set to resume “within the next few days. »

https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/04/lego-pauses-marketing-of-police-sets-amid-protests/

That does not say indefinitely.

Yes, it is a blackout Tuesday thing. The police sets remain on sale, but I think they are supposed to be excluded from banner headline images and financial promotions (unless they apply to all sets). I suspect TLG do not want to cash in on sad and violent news, or encourage kids to recreate the scenes, similar to their continued exclusion of present-day warfare in their lineup. (Alert me if this post violates site guidelines.)

Personally, I don't like the way Lego do police these days. Too much of it seems to be simple cops and robbers stereotypes. To me, Lego Town felt like a more peaceful place before 1993, when the police acquired sunglasses and catalogue scenes became increasingly action oriented.

I might buy the small police station in a box set someday, but there will be no police sets in my next order. I'm far more interested in aviation.

85air01.jpg

19 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

A new Legoland set has shown up on Promobricks:

https://www.promobricks.de/legoland-40429-ninjago-world/101087/

Of course the ride is like always in these sets very, very small, but nevertheless this set is imo a great addition to all previous minifig-scale Legoland Park sets! :thumbup:

Yeah, it’s really cute!

I’m just not sure whether I should add it to my monastery or my amusement park . . I’ll probably break it up across both. Hehe.

4 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

Personally, I don't like the way Lego do police these days. Too much of it seems to be simple cops and robbers stereotypes. To me, Lego Town felt like a more peaceful place before 1993, when the police acquired sunglasses and catalogue scenes became increasingly action oriented.

I do have to agree. I'm taking a break from building for a while. But it does seem like since the 2010s, Lego does waaaayyyyyy more police now than they have ever done during the 20th century and the 2000s. This has been a thing with them since 2012. Imho, City isn't like it used to be during the "HEY" generation when police was just like any other City subtheme. 

9 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I'm far more interested in aviation.

My interests from City right now is the car industry. They did a great job with that this year. 

084.jpg

Some people called 2020 the year of the Monster Trucks, but it's also the year of the Hot Rod, as there are at least 4 : 

- Tuning Shop (shown above).

- Gift with Purchase (based on the Model Team set but minifig scale)

- Marvel Iron Man Hot Rod in an upcoming Hall of Armor expansion set.

- Creator 3-in-1 red car set has a Hot Rod alternate build.

Edited by TeriXeri