Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

I hope we get more food trucks in 2021 to go with things like the Ice Cream Truck and Pizza Truck.

I would love that. I'd also like to see the Cargo company return. I hope they also take their talent for making buses and put it to good use next year. Great Vehicles is a good place for those. 

7 hours ago, BrickCitizen said:

in the series i saw the 2nd tank truck, probably we´ll get one

I also proposed on the Ideas for New City Sets page, an 8x8 heavy wrecker similar to the one from 2009 that would give a nod to the Octan tow truck from the Gas N Wash Express set. 

sets to get

60261 60262 60263 60265

sets not to get

60260 60264 60266

4 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

In my opinion, the late 2000s (2007 to 2009) was the best age for City sets. 

The best City set after the year 2000 must be 10159 re-release of international airport

5 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

In my opinion, the late 2000s (2007 to 2009) was the best age for City sets. 

Agreed.  Some of my favourite city sets come from 2009 (Construction Site, Garage) plus there was 2007’s LEGO City Harbour - I believe the only set ever released with that size of unitary hull.  The crawler crane was another great set from that period, and that 2008 police station was possibly their best one.  Since the removal of baseplates those police stations have gone downhill.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Agreed.  Some of my favourite city sets come from 2009 (Construction Site, Garage) plus there was 2007’s LEGO City Harbour - I believe the only set ever released with that size of unitary hull.  The crawler crane was another great set from that period, and that 2008 police station was possibly their best one.  Since the removal of baseplates those police stations have gone downhill.

I agree 100%. Baseplates were the days! 

On 5/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, ks6349 said:

The best City set after the year 2000 must be 10159 re-release of international airport

The 60154 Bus Station for me. As a worker for the transit system, I'm saddened that public transit workers don't get the recognition they deserve in the City theme. We're just as vital to civilian life as police officers, firefighters, doctors, farmers and construction workers. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

10 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The 2008 Police Station is my favourite as well, my cousin has it and it looks awesome. =D I myself have the Police Headquarters from 1998 as well as the Police Station from 2017. I'm planning on getting the one from this year and make one giant police station from those 3 sets hopefully modular style if I got enough bricks for that otherwise it's bricklink time. :P

I really liked the 2009 Farm subtheme of City - I think I got all the sets from it!  It had vehicles (obviously), a few structures, baseplates (though a brown one would have been awesome for plowing/planting crops) ... I could go on and on.  Great starting point to modify or MOC your own farm - only structure missing was a farmhouse, in my opinion.  Just my 2 cents!

15 minutes ago, weeble1688 said:

I really liked the 2009 Farm subtheme of City - I think I got all the sets from it!  It had vehicles (obviously), a few structures, baseplates (though a brown one would have been awesome for plowing/planting crops) ... I could go on and on.  Great starting point to modify or MOC your own farm - only structure missing was a farmhouse, in my opinion.  Just my 2 cents!

To speak the truth, my favorite subtheme was the garage subtheme from 2009. I had all three sets from it including the garage, tow truck and the helicopter transport. I think the orange cremesickle livery from those was much better than the 24 HOUR SERVICE livery as it stood out more. I hope City brings that livery back soon. Obviously the automotive industry is popular with kids (to which I feel incredibly humbled) thus why we saw 60255 to 60258. Unfortunately I ended up removing the stickers from the builds and taking them apart for spare parts. Dumb move on my part. They should do an Octan tow truck as a nod to the tow truck in this set here

Edited by Brandon Pea

1 hour ago, weeble1688 said:

Oof- I great farmhouse would be a day one purchase for us!!!  

+1 for a reimagining of the farm series! I'm biased because I'm planning a MOC based around a crashed UFO/farm crossover but some 50's style retro-Alien easter eggs - think Destroy All Humans style - would be awesome. Would tie in nicely with the Diner modular too!

1 hour ago, Gobias1234 said:

Oof- I great farmhouse would be a day one purchase for us!!!  

Same here! Even if they just release a farm as a town set, I'd buy. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

To speak the truth, my favorite subtheme was the garage subtheme from 2009. I had all three sets from it including the garage, tow truck and the helicopter transport. I think the orange cremesickle livery from those was much better than the 24 HOUR SERVICE livery as it stood out more.

Excellent choice.  I remember unwrapping this set at Christmas in 2009 - it came as a total surprise but I loved it.  I got the tow truck as well, but was a kid at the time and didn’t have much cash, missing out on the helicopter transport.  2009 was possibly the best year for City - the farm, the garage, and the construction site all in one year!

7 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Excellent choice.  I remember unwrapping this set at Christmas in 2009 - it came as a total surprise but I loved it.  I got the tow truck as well, but was a kid at the time and didn’t have much cash, missing out on the helicopter transport.  2009 was possibly the best year for City - the farm, the garage, and the construction site all in one year!

2009 focused primarily on its industrial side. Kinda wish City would do a year like that again. Technically Garage was also an emergency subtheme too though. 

im selling some of my sets and need a lego opinion: would you buy 100% complete sets on ebay or bricklink? they do not have boxes, but include instructions.

Edited by toopizza13

1 hour ago, toopizza13 said:

im selling some of my sets and need a lego opinion: would you buy 100% complete sets on ebay or bricklink? they do not have boxes, but include instructions.

I do it all the time. 

15 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Some people like my cousin prefer to buy with box, but other people like me don't mind if the box is missing, for me a 100% complete set plus instructions suffices.

Not sure if posted before but just seen the official UK prices on the City Ocean Exploration sets released on June 1.

60263 Mini Sub/Hammerhead 8.99

60264 Submersible/Anglerfish 24.99

60265 Underwater Base/Hammerhead/Stingray 54.99

60266 Tanker/GW Shark 124.99 *huh*

(no mention of the polybag with stingray but guessing that’ll be 3.99)

Edited by Lucarex
poly info

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

You mean the Ocean Exploration Ship. 

Same thing just less words to type :wink:

Added the ocean creatures too as let’s be honest, that’s a big selling feature of these NatGeo sets.

Edited by Lucarex

37 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Added the ocean creatures too as let’s be honest, that’s a big selling feature of these NatGeo sets.

That's true! I wish they sold animal mould packs. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

That's true! I wish they sold animal mould packs. 

We can but dream...is it wrong to be greedy and (alongside the new hammerhead, great white, stingray and anglerfish) wish they'd have made the long-rumoured orca?

Anyway, I'm still in shock that the big ship set is £125, a massive 25% increase on the expected RRP and previous 2015 exploration vessel. That'll go on discount immediately with other retailers surely.

Edited by Lucarex

20 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

We can but dream...is it wrong to be greedy and (alongside the new hammerhead, great white, stingray and anglerfish) wish they'd have made the long-rumoured orca?

As far as City is concerned, that tends to be the case. Especially when it comes to the whole subtheme thing. Whether its Introducing new subthemes, getting rid of certain ones or asking for dead ones to be revived. They're in our dreams and that's it. 

23 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Anyway, I'm still in shock that the big ship set is £125, a massive 25% increase on the expected RRP and previous 2015 exploration vessel. That'll go on discount immediately with other retailers surely.

Yeah! But we are getting 2 vessels in 1. So i kinda understand why they priced it that high. 

Not sure I agree it's a 2-in-1, just an extra hull from the 2015 set and a massive price step-up from the 54.99 set. That GWS will be brick-linked to extinction!

Edited by Lucarex

On 5/13/2020 at 7:03 AM, jonwil said:

I hope we get more food trucks in 2021 to go with things like the Ice Cream Truck and Pizza Truck.

Well the new Monkie Kid range includes a massive 10-wide Chinese food truck driven by a pig! But that's still nothing compared to Creator's unbelievable, super cool, outrageous, and amazing Burger Monster Truck!