Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Something like Adventurers or Pharaoh Quest as a City subtheme

Well, the Jungle Exploration subtheme from a few years back was more or less Adventurers as a City Subtheme, even though it didn't have any named characters.

40 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Its odd that were are starting to get City sets based on media 

I wonder if will get like City themes with named characters and storylines going on.

Something like Adventurers or Pharaoh Quest as a City subtheme

Your not alone with that. I was thinking maybe they could add someone from the old LEGO themes. Sadly its not but at least you have your imagination to help you get started. :wink:

11 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

@HereWeGoAgain You're a city builder too, aye? 

Well yep, I started building it a little over a year ago, have a thread for it in the forum too, I think I saw you reply in there already :tongue:

If I had the space in my house like Bevin's Bricks' barn he built just to have a giant man cave and Lego city (youtube), I'd dedicate some for an airport probably.

31 minutes ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

Well yep, I started building it a little over a year ago, have a thread for it in the forum too, I think I saw you reply in there already :tongue:

If I had the space in my house like Bevin's Bricks' barn he built just to have a giant man cave and Lego city (youtube), I'd dedicate some for an airport probably.

Cool

23 hours ago, Melle_24 said:

I just saw the leak for the largest submarine set. The boat looks cool but it has almost no side builds. and it doesn’t look like there are many pieces in the set. 

where did you find that? I would love to see that set.

Just now, toopizza13 said:

where did you find that? I would love to see that set.

On an Instagram account called Lego_leaks_2020 , he posts a lot of leaks.

Well that’s a very disappointed plane ! Same old wing piece part that doesn’t allow to build anything inside and no dehidral on the wing  , they try to improve the cockpit front piece but came out as a flop . Doesn’t look like a 787 , A330 or anything common or normal , instead they decided to get this beluga big head cockpit . The tail fin got switch to a smaller one which is like a cover up to show that they are not building anything like the past sets , and finally I can say that they couldn’t spend on a bigger engine mold instead they made a  build up engine which is ok for the screw up . So here we go again making weird planes that don’t look like anything at all , and seems we won’t see any improvement for a long time on planes . It’s a shame ! 

3 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

Well that’s a very disappointed plane ! Same old wing piece part that doesn’t allow to build anything inside and no dehidral on the wing  , they try to improve the cockpit front piece but came out as a flop . Doesn’t look like a 787 , A330 or anything common or normal , instead they decided to get this beluga big head cockpit . The tail fin got switch to a smaller one which is like a cover up to show that they are not building anything like the past sets , and finally I can say that they couldn’t spend on a bigger engine mold instead they made a  build up engine which is ok for the screw up . So here we go again making weird planes that don’t look like anything at all , and seems we won’t see any improvement for a long time on planes . It’s a shame ! 

Surprisingly, as far as the airport sets go, 60262 is the only one that I am actually considering buying. Then again, 60261 is just a 4+ set and the air race isn't that bad, but I'm not too keen on the whole pull cord helicopter concept - but I'm going to get used to that as it seems like that's going to be the thing for City from now on. The 2010s have definately been left behind and the 2020s is a new era. The wing piece doesn't bother me that much and neither does the cockpit. The building was a little disappointing though. I think its a fixer upper though like the service station was. For 2021, I'm setting my standards very low for City. That way I won't be disappointed in what comes. I'm already expecting certain things for next years wave. 

well, i don´t like the new airport, the terminal is really small and the plane looks weird, the cockpit is really weird for me and the terminal is even smaller than the 2016 one,

Edited by BrickCitizen

12 minutes ago, BrickCitizen said:

well, i don´t like the new airport, the terminal is really small and the plane looks weird, the cockpit is really weird for me and the terminal is even smaller than the 2016 one,

Yeah! I regret not getting the 2016 when I had the chance. Though I'm assuming they are trying to make the sets resemble the vehicles on LCA as much as possible. 

7 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

What do you expect for a theme that is targeting a specific demographic?

Edited by AMD

7 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Not lost all hope yet, waiting for the sets that contain the new hammerhead and GW sharks.

Now THOSE I am interested in seeing. I wonder what named characters are going to be in those sets. Surprisingly, I'm actually not too fussed about the named characters. 

13 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Not lost all hope yet, waiting for the sets that contain the new hammerhead and GW sharks.

The city diver sets have leaked!
So no single set with a lot of animals , but a lot of variety among the sets. Maybe we get a retailer exclusive with more animals :shrug_oh_well:
The great white shark comes with the huge ship in addition to the stingray, the first picture must have been a prelim with the normal shark..

Oh wow, I never expected an underwater base. That reminds me of the 6441 Deep Sea Refuge from 1997 Divers.

Same with a very long haul boat from 6560 Diving Expedition Explorer.

Also Great White Shark and Stingray new mould.

Overall not bad. :thumbup:

Edited by AMD

60265 is the best one here

Im surprised several sets have these named characters

Just now, Robert8 said:

60265 is the best one here

Im surprised several sets have these named characters

Only 2 out of 5 sets(polybag included) has named characters. Also Harl Hubbs may be one of them but unsure as the picture is still blurry.

I saw the new Divers sets. Those builds look really good. I might actually buy some of the vehicles (especially the big ship). I don't know if I'll buy the base set though because in my town, everything sea related is done by a single organization. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

I saw the new Divers sets. Those builds look really good. I might actually buy some of  the vehicles. I don't know if I'll buy the base set though because in my town, everything sea related is done by a single organization. 

Don't you agree that it resembles of the old divers subtheme two decades and three years ago?

Just now, AMD said:

Don't you agree that it resembles of the old divers subtheme two decades and three years ago?

I actually see lots of resemblance. Except this wave doesn't have a big chopper. Don't be upset at me, but I was kinda hoping for one. Nowadays, the big helicopters are the only City helicopters I like. 

They're pretty good. Nothing fancy, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably not gonna buy any of them, because I'm not planning to have a sea area in my town. Again, some solid sets. 

As a rule, I’m rarely interested in City sets. But that underwater base is pretty gorgeous. I approve! 

19 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

They're pretty good. Nothing fancy, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably not gonna buy any of them, because I'm not planning to have a sea area in my town. Again, some solid sets. 

I actually do have an underwater area in my town, so I might just pick that one up. 

I love the meta level inclusion of oceanic trash in the underwater base. Great that both the hammerhead and ray come in small sets. I, like @roebuck , wonder if there’s an exclusive yet to come, as the Great White in just one set seems off ...

The big vessel really has a hole in the middle (one picture shows the big shark trying to snatch one of the crew) that's a huge disappointment for me; but otherwise we get so many great animals; Harbour related sets are one of the best in City, as always!