Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Hmm, guess I was pretty close with my prediction to the airport building. ( the version on the right) , which I based on an advert for an upcoming City book.

ok87T2H.png

I do like the airplane much better then the 2016 version, the cockpit proportions are just better , loading a car like that is nice, and the stairs with wheels add to the set for sure.

Edited by TeriXeri

While I'm much more interested in the Exploration sets than the Airport one, I really appreciate the easter egg on the airline ticket : the flight seem to be for Heartlake City (HLC), from LCI which I would assume to be LEGO City. :sweet:

Just now, AnyColourYouLike said:

I surely didn't expect the flying-helicopter-thingies to return in the summer wave. They're stil pretty bad.  

Yeah, not interested in those myself either, would rather have had normal brick-built helicopters of yellow or green colors like that.

I really hoped for a 32x16 airport like they did before, the airport now seems just like a shop with a small tower next to it. I’m honestly really disappointed. The plane looks good though.

17 minutes ago, Aurore said:

While I'm much more interested in the Exploration sets than the Airport one, I really appreciate the easter egg on the airline ticket : the flight seem to be for Heartlake City (HLC), from LCI which I would assume to be LEGO City. :sweet:

I'm in agreement there. I'm actually looking more forward to the Divers subtheme. Airport subtheme for this year isn't bad though. Like I said earlier, I kinda like the colors. 

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, not interested in those myself either, would rather have had normal brick-built helicopters of yellow or green colors like that.

5 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I surely didn't expect the flying-helicopter-thingies to return in the summer wave. They're stil pretty bad.  

Though I agree with the thing on the pull stick helicopters, I do have to admit that we should avoid feeling disappointed. This is the new normal for small helicopters for City. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Ah yes, for all those times I’ve been on a plane with a car sitting in the cargo hold...come on Lego. :sceptic:

The passenger jet with car cargo is nice the building a bit small guess fine for a tourist location airport n o t a major city one 

24 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Though I agree with the thing on the pull stick helicopters, I do have to admit that we should avoid feeling disappointed. This is the new normal for small helicopters for City. 

I wouldn't call it the new normal yet, the ship has a small brick-built helicopter.

4 of such helicopters in a year might be a lot ,but I doubt we'd get many more , just like the 2019 Parachutes I think this is just a 1 year thing.

I just saw the leak for the largest submarine set. The boat looks cool but it has almost no side builds. and it doesn’t look like there are many pieces in the set. 

1 minute ago, Melle_24 said:

I just saw the leak for the largest submarine set. The boat looks cool but it has almost no side builds. and it doesn’t look like there are many pieces in the set. 

Not to mention the lack of wildlife. A single shark?! That can’t be right surely...

Just now, Lucarex said:

Not to mention the lack of wildlife. A single shark?! That can’t be right surely...

I know right! I really hope that they added some more builds and that the build in the leak was incomplete . But I think that’s a small chance.

Edited by Melle_24

28 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

agreed, last one had 4 sharks and octopus more divers and a bunch of mini subs, really hope its missing some accessories

3 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

A bit disappointed with these especially the $99 airport but at least it includes some interesting minifigures including poppy whom she is from the city adventures cartoon.

EDIT: I also found out the new mold piece for the cockpit

Edited by AMD

The new plane canopy is interesting! It's similar to the previous jumbo jet canopy but a brick taller, with a profile that reminds me of the Airbus A380. That also seems like it gives the passengers an extra brick's worth of headroom down the length of the plane, and the tail end also seems to no longer be a single bulky, preassembled element—a much appreciated change.

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

4 of such helicopters in a year might be a lot ,but I doubt we'd get many more , just like the 2019 Parachutes I think this is just a 1 year thing.

That's what I said about the first special police subtheme for City back in 2012. Now look at where we are. 

Point is, we may hope for certain things to be one year only for Lego, but they end up being the new normal for them due to their "success". 

Edited by Brandon Pea

3 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Ah yes, for all those times I’ve been on a plane with a car sitting in the cargo hold...come on Lego. :sceptic:

Having worked close to an airport, we often saw Etihad and other Middle East companies loading up sports cars in regular planes... Yeah those folks don't only take their underwear on vacation, they literally take their car with them. 

Not super impressed by the airport stuff, then again, not my thing and don't have space for that stuff in my city. Hopefully we get pics of all the diver sets this week. 

Edited by HereWeGoAgain

Getting major JackStone vibes from the lineup so far. Just not my thing. At least they did try to make the big plane different, since we´ve kinda had the same one in different colors since 2005 (?).  My wallet can relax again :-) 

Edited by Brickviller V2

I don't know how I feel about these named City characters.... Who's this Poppy Girl? Is it from a TV show or something?

Just now, Robert8 said:

I don't know how I feel about these named City characters.... Who's this Poppy Girl? Is it from a TV show or something?

Yeah, she's from LEGO City Adventures TV Show.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

She's a pop star from Lego City Adventures. 

Its odd that were are starting to get City sets based on media 

I wonder if will get like City themes with named characters and storylines going on.

Something like Adventurers or Pharaoh Quest as a City subtheme