Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

You know what I want to see for the new Divers wave? A big helicopter and a ship. Then it can double as the sea rescue unit. 

God no... Enough with the helicopters.

You could buy the set from the past wave if you'd like ;) 

20380721.jpg[]

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

You know what I want to see for the new Divers wave? A big helicopter and a ship. Then it can double as the sea rescue unit. 

Unlikely that Lego will miss out on the opportunity to include a helicopter! ?

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Unlikely that Lego will miss out on the opportunity to include a helicopter! ?

Or a big boat. 

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

God no... Enough with the helicopters.

You could buy the set from the past wave if you'd like ;) 

20380721.jpg[]

HEY!!!! Helicopters are a money maker for City. You could always refuse a purchase if you don't like. 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

Or a big boat. 

HEY!!!! Helicopters are a money maker for City. You could always refuse a purchase if you don't like. 

I'd rather have lego design something else. An extra boat, submarine, underwater-lab, land based research facility, small harbour/docks...

9 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

I'd rather have lego design something else. An extra boat, submarine, underwater-lab, land based research facility, small harbour/docks..

Those are as likely for City as much as a police car, fire truck or helicopter. You'll see those soon. Don't worry. 

Hopefully the Sea Base isn't like the 2015 one and doesn't devote a substantial part of the set to a secondary build. With the last one the base itself felt really bare and incomplete

1 hour ago, UberCorp said:

Hopefully the Sea Base isn't like the 2015 one and doesn't devote a substantial part of the set to a secondary build. With the last one the base itself felt really bare and incomplete

Have to agree.

Something that looks more than the original from 1997 would be great.

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m444v2t2a4q2q2w214i4w5d4

Funny, it's the only set from the first divers line-up I've never owned.

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

Have to agree.

Something that looks more than the original from 1997 would be great.

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m444v2t2a4q2q2w214i4w5d4

Funny, it's the only set from the first divers line-up I've never owned.

Me neither, owned the 2 other large sets with boats and underwater settings, but never the base.

6 hours ago, UberCorp said:

That I can agree! To me, it was just a seaplane with some underwater oxygen refill station of some sort. Sorta reminded me of the Sky Police Air Base. 

Two city sets have leaked on the "forbidden place"(you know which one), the sets are a submarine and a boat. Pretty small pics. 

8 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Two city sets have leaked on the "forbidden place"(you know which one), the sets are a submarine and a boat. Pretty small pics. 

Sorry! I don't know the forbidden place. Message me! 

How come there are no comments on the airport and air show sets?
Has anybody heard anything about those?

2 hours ago, Nom Carver said:

How come there are no comments on the airport and air show sets?
Has anybody heard anything about those?

Well, they're not much use right now, except as historical sets!

what is the forbidden place? i would love to see the pics

Edited by toopizza13

On 4/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, Bornin1980something said:

Well, they're not much use right now, except as historical sets!

I think there was going to come a nono police themed airport.

7 hours ago, Nom Carver said:

I think there was going to come a nono police themed airport.

I wanna see more transportation themed sets for City. Subthemes like Airport, Trains and even the automotive subtheme that came this year. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I don't know if this is where I post stiff like this, but I don't like getting named minifigures in LEGO City (with the exception of Chase McCain from LEGO City Undercover, and it's a shame we haven't gotten Rex Fury, Frank Honey, Mayor Gleeson, and Chief Dunby yet), but with those exceptions, I like keeping my named minifigures separate, and they could put the named minifigures from the LEGO City show in the Juniors sets. I would much prefer to have non-named figures in the main line.

Ok, talking about LEGO City 2020. I want more sets like the most recent diving yacht as part of the Divers subtheme. As for my brief thoughts for the rest of the year, let my give you the quick versions of my ideas:

A LEGO Truck

More $10 vehicle sets

More Trains, more specifically, steam trains

More civillian based stuff, like houses

4 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Ok, talking about LEGO City 2020. I want more sets like the most recent diving yacht as part of the Divers subtheme. As for my brief thoughts for the rest of the year, let my give you the quick versions of my ideas:

A LEGO Truck

More $10 vehicle sets

More Trains, more specifically, steam trains

This so much! I wish LEGO would make more than just vehicles in the city theme. I guess it's whatever makes money but it would be nice to see some residential houses and more buildings in general. I don't want to buy a $60 set just to get a tiny building with an open back! I know the theme is marketed at kids, but I know children would appreciate it if they could put together a city with more than just cars. 

@x57bob I personally don't mind the vehicles. Nor am I spiteful of diversity. My only issue is the type of diversity that is promoted. Recently, City seems to be somewhat (not fully) hesitant to give subthemes to action within the City with the exception of Fire, Classic PoliceAirport, Coast Guard and Trains.

All of the other subthemes are outside of the City such as Arctic, Divers, Volcanos, Jungle, Space, Miners, Swamp Police, Mountain Police, Prison Island, Forest Police and Forest Fire. Obviously, action outside of the City is pretty substantial compared to action within the City. I personally would like it if more subthemes were given to action within the City like it used to be in the late 2000s for City.

@xxix5 I have to agree. I don't really care for named characters myself. I preferred it when City was generic when it came to minifigs. Nowadays, City is practically on the level of Hidden Side and Friends. That is to say, generic as a theme but with named characters. 

Sorry if I'm rambling. Just thought I'd say I agree. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

where are the pictures at ? Message me I want to see , and whats the prohiben place ? 

I think the best helicopter that they ever done was the huge forest helicopter ! 

1 hour ago, danimarroquin said:

I think the best helicopter that they ever done was the huge forest helicopter ! 

I like the ambulanc helicopter. That one stood out to me for one reason and one reason alone. 

It had no wheels.

Instead, it used skis. That makes it great for display purposes. 

8 hours ago, xxix5 said:

I wish! Even Creator 3 in 1 seems to have cut down on the number of residential buildings. I guess Lego Friends is meant to scratch that itch for everyone?

3 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I wish! Even Creator 3 in 1 seems to have cut down on the number of residential buildings. I guess Lego Friends is meant to scratch that itch for everyone?

Creator should do houses again.