Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

On 3/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, TeriXeri said:

Some 3-in-1 vehicles are weirdly overpriced (€25 - 198 pieces) , especially next to this (€10 - 134 pieces) , the red set even looks nicer for minifigs with the cabrio and hotrod.

I do have to admit that Creator 3in1 vehicles are a little pricey. City is cheaper. Thats probably because 1. They've got more pieces instead of stickers and 2. Vehicles just isn't what the designers if the Creator division specialize in like the designers of City or Speed Champions.

I think TLG needs to let City handle generic vehicles. Creator should stick to infrastructure and adult oriented sculptures and town planning sets. 

Just opened the Fairground Minifigure Accessories Set, love the unicorn print on the torso.  Also it's nice they included silver studs for the stud shooter.  Loving it =P

Any news on the people pack this year? They made 2 last year so would be strange if they did not make at least one this year :shrug_oh_well:

Mini Review on 60243 Police Helicopter Chase

Just picked it up and built it. This set gets a 100% from me. The magnet actually works perfectly and I can remove it whenever I don't need it. The magnet piece is what actually stands out from my POV. I personally hope that this would be the start of something new for City sets. I see something like that also on a Harbor or a construction site. I'm also glad that they didn't use those turning front wheel things for the helicopter as it'll be easier to keep still if you want to display it. I love how they included Sergeant Grizzled and Snake in this one. I do wish they would've included Rooky in this set too as she was also part of the Sky Police in the LCA episode of the same name. But I'll just see if I can find her on Bricklink or Lego Shop. Overall, I'm not even fussed on the old design anymore. This actually feels like an improvement to the 2017 helicopter. The extra vehicles were good too. But I think I'll be using those as background vehicles. Not really up front. 

So that's my mini review on that set. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

@TeriXeri That's great man! What would you be doing? 

I think it's great to see City do that, but also likely is done to keep away the clone brands using the City name and logo.

Partly because they expand the brand beyond just the sets, it also mentions more then just toys.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

I think it's great to see City do that, but also likely is done to keep away the clone brands using the City name and logo.

Yeah! I think its good too! 

We're getting a hammerhead shark with the Divers 2020 subtheme! Check it out on Instagram. 

Finally some City-related news!

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

2 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

We're getting a hammerhead shark with the Divers 2020 subtheme! Check it out on Instagram. 

I saw that. Animal moulds happen to be my favorite type of Lego piece. That or food moulds. That hammerhead shark will be great. 

If the new Divers builds are as good as that hammerhead shark mould, I'm definitely picking some up. 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, AnyColourYouLike said:

What instagram, are there full pics or just the shark?

Just now, marabella said:

What instagram, are there full pics or just the shark?

Just the shark for right now. Pics prolly won't show up until May. 

So I recently got the bank piece from 60245. Its actually a pretty good build. The pull out vault piece and the laser beam up top are the parts that stand out to me. I also like the air windows where crooks can come through along with the teller area. 

On 2/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

When you carefully search through the web, you can find a very clear hint plus Lego's tweet with the Airport Shuttle picture - both brings me to the conclusion that the D2C set actually will be a monorail type set. For sure not a real monorail. But an elevated train which, because of the rollercoaster track pieces, even goes up and down. With us bedding for years and years for an updated monorail set, with the huge demand of the MOC in the Brickling AFOL Crowdfunding Project and with Lego reporting at the Nuremberg Toy Fair that ten percent are AFOL sales (not for their kids, but for themselves) and that they want to focus more on AFOLs, too, this makes even a lot of sense.

That tweet was in reaction to the first episode of LEGO Masters (USA) where the assignment was to build an amusement park with a monorail. Why do you think it's gonna be in the D2C set? What is the very clear hint that I can't find? :P

Given the way LEGO has used the coaster track in sets like the Heartlake City Resort and that rocket launchpad, I see no reason you couldn't use it to build some sort of monorail-style bigger set.

Heck, that Bricklink special set program already did it last year IIRC.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, AnyColourYouLike said:

And now a new angler fish from same theme, GITD naturally!

Managed to get the Safari Off-Roader at 40% off before the lockdown.  Before I bought this, I saw other reviews and criticised the use of stickers but man, it turned out to be perfect.  Loved this set and the new lioness.

5 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Managed to get the Safari Off-Roader at 40% off before the lockdown.  Before I bought this, I saw other reviews and criticised the use of stickers but man, it turned out to be perfect.  Loved this set and the new lioness.

I've got ALL the great vehicles for this year. That's how amazing they were. 

Just now, jonwil said:

I love the safari truck, great set, glad I bought one.

Got me one of those too! That thing was amazing! 

Edited by Brandon Pea

A new polybag has leaked, with a diver, new stingray mould, coral and maybe a gold bar? One of the best and most useful parts polybags I have seen in a long time :wub:
I hope the diver are looking for gold this wave since I really want some more gold parts (not crappy pearl gold thank you) in my collection :excited:

Just now, Roebuck said:

A new polybag has leaked, with a diver, new stingray mould, coral and maybe a gold bar? One of the best and most useful parts polybags I have seen in a long time :wub:
I hope the diver are looking for gold this wave since I really want some more gold parts (not crappy pearl gold thank you) in my collection :excited:

Also, at the bottom left there is a National Geographic logo which means there will be some inspiration about the underwater theme much like how LEGO use space theme as inspiration to NASA

Edited by AMD

9 minutes ago, AMD said:

Also, at the bottom left there is a National Geographic logo which means there will be some inspiration about the underwater theme much like how LEGO use space theme as inspiration to NASA

Animal-wise that can not be bad news :wink: