Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

7 minutes ago, Maple said:

Do we know what color plane the normal Airplane and Airport set is? I'm just curious.

Probably the same color as past airport sets with the airport sign. 

3 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Probably the same color as past airport sets with the airport sign. 

Which is what? Red? Blue? 2016 set was blue top and white bottom, the 2010 one was red bottom and white top, others have been white with a red or blue strip.

Just now, Bornin1980something said:

What do you mean?

The town subtheme of City. We're only getting one this year instead of the two we usually get. 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

The town subtheme of City. We're only getting one this year instead of the two we usually get. 

The original set number list says it's D2C so it's likely 1 large one (Capital City size?)

Also remember the Ski Resort also came out of nowhere in 2019 later in the year (September)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

The original set number list says it's D2C so it's likely 1 large one (Capital City size)

Oh ok. Sounds reasonable. But the other town set turned out to be an advent calendar. 

Also remember the Ski Resort also came out of nowhere in 2019 later in the year (September)

That's true. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I'm more wondering about People Packs, we had 2 last year and no mention of even 1 now.

And I don't mean those 4-figure blister packs.

So far what's remaining of the original numbers , 100% pure speculation here.

60268 Town 2 (People pack ??) 2019 People pack number was right before Advent Calendar.

60269 Advent Calendar - September 

60271 Town D2C - Capital City / City Square type set ??

60272 MDP 2

60273 MDP 3 

60274 MDP 4 

I don't know about those MDP sets , but they aren't those Bonus Value packs as those start with 66xxx.

But there have been standalone sets later in a year before that aren't part of a particular year's subtheme for example :

2015 had a Heavy Haul Train (2014 was a Trains year)

2017 Cargo Terminal

2018 had a Hospital

If I had to hope for a large standalone set I'd like a Harbour, considering the 2020 magnet piece, and also could be used with the Sea Explorers.

Harbour makes sense with a possible Coast Guard reboot in 2021.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

If I had to hope for a large standalone set I'd like a Harbour, considering the 2020 magnet piece, and also could be used with the Sea Explorers.

I agree! I would love to see a Harbor! It'll bring some closure on where the darn harbors have been over the past years. It would definately work with the new divers sets coming out. That and coast guard is one of those guaranteed subthemes that comes every 4 years. So that is to be anticipated upon. 

First of all, thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

That summer will see Airport and Deep Sea Exploration is very disappointing! For sure there might be some good sets. Nevertheless I hoped for something less repetitive - something like Harbor, Forest Exploration or TV Studios. :sadnew:

20 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I'm more wondering about People Packs, we had 2 last year and no mention of even 1 now.

And I don't mean those 4-figure blister packs.

So far what's remaining of the original numbers , 100% pure speculation here.

60268 Town 2 (People pack ??) 2019 People pack number was right before Advent Calendar.

60269 Advent Calendar - September 

60271 Town D2C - Capital City / City Square type set ??

60272 MDP 2

60273 MDP 3 

60274 MDP 4 

I don't know about those MDP sets , but they aren't those Bonus Value packs as those start with 66xxx.

But there have been standalone sets later in a year before that aren't part of a particular year's subtheme for example :

2015 had a Heavy Haul Train (2014 was a Trains year)

2017 Cargo Terminal

2018 had a Hospital

When you carefully search through the web, you can find a very clear hint plus Lego's tweet with the Airport Shuttle picture - both brings me to the conclusion that the D2C set actually will be a monorail type set. For sure not a real monorail. But an elevated train which, because of the rollercoaster track pieces, even goes up and down. With us bedding for years and years for an updated monorail set, with the huge demand of the MOC in the Brickling AFOL Crowdfunding Project and with Lego reporting at the Nuremberg Toy Fair that ten percent are AFOL sales (not for their kids, but for themselves) and that they want to focus more on AFOLs, too, this makes even a lot of sense.

60268 was on a list, too, so my guesses are:

60268 - September release: Safari base or ski lift

60271 - D2C set; likely August release: elevated train (maybe has 18+ for AFOL service on the box)

60272 - August release: Minifigure pack Fun at the Airport

60273 - August release: supermarket

60274 - August release: bigger police or fire vehicle or another building 3 in 1 box

What do you think?

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

First of all, thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

That summer will see Airport and Deep Sea Exploration is very disappointing! For sure there might be some good sets. Nevertheless I hoped for something less repetitive - something like Harbor, Forest Exploration or TV Studios. :sadnew:

Hey Klaus! Long time and no see. Its me, Pooda! 

Yeah man! I totally agree. I personally thought airport was going to be next year, but this year is good too. Though the airport wave is disappointing as I did expect something much bigger. I personally would love to see a subtheme centered around the TV 6+ news company, though I'm not expecting more than three sets (such as a news station, news chopper that's about the same size as the helicopter from 60243 and a mobile weather unit). As for the explorers subthemes......come on Lego, surprise me with a wildlife exploration subtheme that has never been done before in City. What about the forest? What about the desert? I would also love to see a harbor too. 

7 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

60273 - August release: supermarket

It may not sell, but I would definately buy. Though I already have a MOC convenience store that was used from the body of the doughnut shop. 

@Brandon Pea: Nice to know you here!

Well, I don't see why a supermarket wouldn't sell: Throw in a delivery truck, a civilian car and a bicycle plus a robber steeling something from the shop - and kids will like to play with it.

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

Well, I don't see why a supermarket wouldn't sell: Throw in a delivery truck, a civilian car and a bicycle plus a robber steeling something from the shop - and kids will like to play with it.

I stand corrected on my statement then. If they add those things, then it would definately sell. 

Since the first 2020 City magazine is really late here in NL (20 Feb), which has a Policeman with White Motorbike, it looks like the second one is already out in Germany, at least it was posted on Brickset:

952002-1.jpg?202002121038

With a Fireman + mini drone. 

LEGO seems to love their drones in 2019/2020, but I think this small one is pretty neat.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

LEGO seems to love their drones in 2019/2020.

I actually like the drones. When coast guard comes back next year, I hope to see one with the main headquarters. Coast Guard comes out every four years (2009, 2013, 2017) so it should be back next year in 2021. 

I believe the first Coast Guard sets came out in 2008, not 2009 :) 

Still, they're doing Coast Guard about every four years. 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

On 2/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

@Brandon Pea: Nice to know you here!

And the 'supermarket' will be 15 pieces, but it will come with a helicopter, a police car, a police tank, a police something else and a red car. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Maple said:

And the 'supermarket' will be 15 pieces, but it will come with a helicopter, a police car, a police tank, a police something else and a red car. :laugh:

Oh my! That's terrible dude! :laugh:

Or maybe, there is no building at all and the supermarket is outdoors. 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, Maple said:

lol. maybe the supermarket is one of those stands, like from 60241. 

On 2/7/2020 at 6:58 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

60272 - August release: Minifigure pack Fun at the Airport

Since when was the airport fun?  

16 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I guess it has to do with air shows and stuff like that. 

I guess that makes sense.  Does that mean we’re going to get an air show similar to last time’s one.

I haven't ever bought a people's pack besides Space because I'd just get the torsos when they are in another set or Brick and Piece the parts I want. I figured Space figures won't be in future sets.

But an air show would be a great idea, it would tie into the festival side of things too.