Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I do hope they use this as an excuse to make some new marine animals for LEGO in the same way as the last Arctic line gave us the Mammoth, Saber-Tooth Tiger etc.

2 hours ago, AMD said:

Wait, I'm confused. Is it airport and plane in one set or both are separate sets?

In the German link it clearly said, that 60621 was a 4+ set, with a small building, and a small plane. Good thing is, that there are no stickers in 4+, but I certainly have my doubts about the airport building being little more than a front (like the Arkham 4+ set).

Just now, ArneNielsen said:

In the German link it clearly said, that 60621 was a 4+ set, with a small building, and a small plane. Good thing is, that there are no stickers in 4+, but I certainly have my doubts about the airport building being little more than a front (like the Arkham 4+ set).

Maybe a front and a tower of half cilinders (1 or 2 white, and 1 transparent on the top) and a 10 big pieces plane

5 hours ago, jonwil said:

I do hope they use this as an excuse to make some new marine animals for LEGO in the same way as the last Arctic line gave us the Mammoth, Saber-Tooth Tiger etc.

Yeah! Like a WHALE. 

Tbh, I can give the marine sets a chance. My cousin is an ex sailor so he'll be excited to get sets centered around his line of work. 

3 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

So......that's the one that's $50?

Edited by Brandon Pea

The last 4+ / Juniors airplane set was really great (10764), but always more than 40% off so it never seemed to sell. I don't see the new one being the same price and with only one plane selling better, or being better. 

And LEGO 'airports' in recent years have been huge plane and a tower and that's it (60022). I'm hoping we get a smaller, medium sized plane but if it fits a car then that's doubtful.

Seems 2 of the sets are 4+ , the Minisub and the smaller Airport set.

The 2018 4+ airport retired.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Seems 2 of the sets are 4+ , the Minisub and the maller Airport set.

The 2018 4+ airport retired.

I'm not questioning why LEGO would rerererererelease an airport. But the last one has two planes and cost the same and has been on sale for $35 for the last two years. Amazon had it $28-$32 all Christmas. It is now sold out at S@H with a 'retiring soon' sigh and 20% off. 

It's just like why would I spend $100 on the 2020 police station with <800 pieces when I can get the last one for $65?

14 minutes ago, Maple said:

It's just like why would I spend $100 on the 2020 police station with <800 pieces when I can get the last one for $65?

Oh I've been moving my priority away more and more from the 2020 Police Station and I agree the 2017 one is still cheaper then the 2020 over here as well.

Not as low as it has been but still €68 for the 2017 one , and the 2020 one is at €72 right now and it's just came out.

If the 2020 station happens to drop around to around €50 I'll look at it again but not now.

Even the €50 Hidden Side Prison Sounds  interesting but I'll wait a while for pictures.

Edited by TeriXeri

@Maple @TeriXeri I hope one of those airports is similar to the one from 2016. 

As for the police station, you've also got the police station from the brick box. So they basically gave us two police stations this year. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

As for the police station, you've also got the police station from the brick box. So they basically gave us two police stations this year. 

Except the problem with the brick box here that imo it's still too expensive at full price, 300 parts for €45 and right now no sale since it's LEGO exclusive (at least it seems for now I haven't seen it at any other webshop)

Police Station at €50-€60 will happen, if its at €72 already now in my country. (28% off)

Not trying to be negative, but with the announcements of a potential Hidden Side Castle, Creator 3-in-1 Pirate Ship, and some other large sets I shift priority away from City for a while until good discounts.

But I'll certainly pick up some of the sets later and I just bought the Chinese New Year sets earlier this month :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri Tbh, I'm beginning to question my own philosophy about City being the most popular theme from Lego. I went to my local Lego store today and the City section was as empty as the northern frontier. Maybe it was just bad timing, but children seemed  to be more into the more action packed themes like Chima and Ninjago. 

But if only you lived in the states. Man, they took over the modular section at the store I went to on the 3rd of January. That bookstore sold like hotcakes. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

@TeriXeri Tbh, I'm beginning to question my own philosophy about City being the most popular theme from Lego. I went to my local Lego store today and the City section was as empty as the northern frontier. Maybe it was just bad timing, but children seemed  to be more into the more action packed themes like Chima and Ninjago. 

But if only you lived in the states. Man, they took over the modular section at the store I went to on the 3rd of January. That bookstore sold like hotcakes. 

2020 City Police was all the way in the back corner of the Amsterdam Store upstairs, while Bookstore and Chinese New Year were at the front entrance on pedestals.

I was there Monday.

Keep in mind , Bookstore and Chinese New Year sets won't be found in regular toy shops either.

Likely LEGO more shifting toward AFOL and Tourists there, while the City sets can be bought in other shops still.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

2020 City Police was all the way in the back corner of the Amsterdam Store upstairs, while Bookstore and Chinese New Year were at the front entrance on pedestals.

2020 City was in your face out there at the store I go to. Everything is in your face. The one I go to is in a mall so its medium sized, but it's an opened space. 

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Keep in mind , Bookstore and Chinese New Year sets won't be found in regular toy shops either.

I have some of those too. I had to get those for my Chinatown in my City. 

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Likely LEGO more shifting toward AFOL and Tourists there, while the City sets can be bought in other shops still.

That could be true. I wonder how high the percentage for AFOLs is compared to how it was last year. 

i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok man! Calm down! We've still got to see the pictures! 

23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I couldn't imagine a year without exploration subthemes from City, and nor would I want to see one without, as they're the only thing that keeps me interested in the theme.

Same.

also would it be possible that the rumored whale from a few years back could finally show up?

Edited by 1Panda

22 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Same.

also would it be possible that the rumored whale from a few years back could finally show up?

This would definitely be the perfect chance to include it :classic:

Woohoo, we're getting 4 new sea exploration sets for summer 2020 with and underwater base and all. Always loved this subtheme of city, hope they look great!

1 hour ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

Woohoo, we're getting 4 new sea exploration sets for summer 2020 with and underwater base and all. Always loved this subtheme of city, hope they look great!

I do hope they won't make the same mistake as 2015 and put a large airplane or something in the Base set. 

An Airplane doesn't add much to an underwater theme imo, the helicopter could still transport the cage / submarine / drone, but an airplane taking a lot of budget from an underwater base just inflated the price.

Edited by TeriXeri

I missed out on the 2015 ones as I wasn't out of my dark ages. I did get my hands on the set with the exploration boat and the underwater wreckage though which is a really neat set.

I'm mostly excited about the underwater base but I have to admit if they put another useless airplane in there it' s going to annoy me as well. 

Just now, HereWeGoAgain said:

I missed out on the 2015 ones as I wasn't out of my dark ages.

Same here, I did pick up the 3-in-1 Shark & Underwater Robot sets, and City Diving Yacht last year. 

(I had this set way back from 1997, still have it mostly built but I keep old LEGO seperate)

6559-1.jpg

That theme just had so many nice underwater scenes.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Same here, I did pick up the 3-in-1 Shark & Underwater Robot sets, and City Diving Yacht last year. 

(I had this set way back from 1997, still have it mostly built but I keep old LEGO seperate)

6559-1.jpg

That theme just had so many nice underwater scenes.

Yeeeah, I have it too, love the dead shark or whale or whatever it was. It's all in pieces but still complete, even have the rocks with the fish stickers still. 

I also picked up the one that had the white underwater base a few month ago that I never owned as a kid, used but with its box an all. Cost me like 70 bucks or so. 

I' m looking forward to building my underwater display with all this stuff. 

@TeriXeri @HereWeGoAgain I hope the new submarine looks like this, but bigger.

latest?cb=20091213000807

Overall, I'm glad to see Divers make a return this summer. Though I think it would've been better if it were to stay called Divers instead of being called Ocean Exploration. Well....I'm calling it Divers. So there! 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I don't mind it being called ocean exploration :-) 

Honestly except for the police stuff, the 2020 city sets until now are kind of cool, although I haven't picked up any yet. They do seem to be redesigning some of the old school stuff (the street sweeper and the safari truck). So who knows, the new diver sets might be in the same boat... 

1 hour ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

I don't mind it being called ocean exploration

I say Divers because it's more straightforward and much easier for single digit children to understand. Ocean Exploration is too much of an advanced term.

Divers is simpler. :classic: