Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

12 minutes ago, SWC0llect0r said:

Summer set names just hit instagram (from promobricks) half airport half water marine research. Was really hoping for a dock cargo, but at least we get a boat.

So, looks like this year's "exploration" subtheme will be marine-based eh? :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

• 60260 Air Show - €29.99 June 2020
  • 60261 Airport & Small Plane - €49.99 June 2020
  • 60262 Passenger Plane & Airport - €99.99 June 2020
  • 60263 Mini-Submarine - €9.99 July 2020
  • 60264 Submarine - €29.99 July 2020
  • 60265 Marine Research Base - €59.99 July 2020
  • 60266 Research Ship - €129.99 July 2020

P.S. Come to think of it, maybe the new Air Show set will offer some decent new Aviator/Aviatrix torso designs... :oh:

So basicly Divers (2015) and Airport (2016) revisted, okay then.

Passenger Airplanes and larger Ships been missing from City for a while.

Edited by TeriXeri

Oh wow! I thought airport wasn't supposed to be back until next year along with coast guard.

I guess my calculations were wrong. 

Disappointment intensifies. I was kinda hoping to see a Harbor or a construction site or something else that would utilize the new magnet piece. 

I guess I should've really been prepared. But honestly? Another explorers theme? It seems like City is too repetitive. 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So is this the extent of the summer range or can we expect a few more sets beyond those listed above?

2015 Divers seemed to be one of those 'one-shot' kind of subthemes to me... I didn't expect LEGO to come back to it. Kind of a boring choice, really. 

Although, I happy they're doing Airport again. 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

46 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

2015 Divers seemed to be one of those 'one-shot' kind of subthemes to me... I didn't expect LEGO to come back to it. Kind of a boring choice, really. 

I wouldn't say its boring! But it isn't really interesting as its marketed as just another explorer's theme. Its actually called Ocean Explorers according to Brickfans.com. 

46 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

They actually brought it back early. For the past few airport waves, they've released them every five years. Its only been four since the last airport wave, which was in 2016. 

1 minute ago, Bornin1980something said:

Will these be the last City sets this year, or might there be something still to be revealed?

We still have the two town sets that need to be revealed and the two MDPs. 

22 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

Will these be the last City sets this year, or might there be something still to be revealed?

I hope there's more, no mention of people packs :cry_sad: 

Also Ski Resort came later in 2019.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I wouldn't say its boring! But it isn't really interesting as its marketed as just another explorer's theme.

I'm not too bothered about explorer subthemes, in fact I kinda like them (unless they repeat themselves). Jungle Explorers subtheme was great, 2014 Arctic was neat, and the Space sets weren't bad either. 

But I wasn't the biggest fan of the Deep Sea subtheme. None of the sets really stood out to me - except for the 60092 yellow submarine (pardon the pun). That was indeed an awesome set. 

Yeah, I don't think those are all the sets. It's a weird list and there should be more sets.

But the last Marine theme was great with the big boat (60095). One of my favorite sets ever. And after the very nice looking Friends marine rescue theme I have high hopes. Just expecting more sets.

Edited by Maple

Glad they brought back the airport and marine sets, looks like I can save some money till the pictures arrive then I will decide if I buy it.

Edited by AMD

3 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

They actually brought it back early. For the past few airport waves, they've released them every five years. Its only been four since the last airport wave, which was in 2016. 

I'm pretty sure LEGO releases airport sets every three years. 

2007 - passenger transport

2010 - passenger transport

2013 - cargo subtheme

2016 - passenger transport  

2 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I'm pretty sure LEGO releases airport sets every three years. 

3-4 years yes, 2006 instead of 2007 tho .

So it's been 4 , 3 , 3 , 4 year inbetween in 2020. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

But honestly? Another explorers theme? It seems like City is too repetitive. 

I couldn't imagine a year without exploration subthemes from City, and nor would I want to see one without, as they're the only thing that keeps me interested in the theme.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

So it's been 4 , 3 , 3 , 4 year inbetween in 2020. :thumbup:

Yeah that

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I couldn't imagine a year without exploration subthemes from City, and nor would I want to see one without, as they're the only thing that keeps me interested in the theme.

Not at this point, I couldn't....and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw another wave of police sets next year. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Roughly translated from https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-toy-fair-2020-87064/

A red car can be loaded into the large passenger plane at the rear.

The Research Vessel is very large and darkblue and floats and apparently has waterproof stickers.

(wonder if it's the same hull as 2015, or maybe a return of the largest hull from 2007.)

6117617 4503919

Yellow buildings.

(I assume for the base).

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

...and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw another wave of police sets next year. 

Who'd ever expect not to see Police sets from City??? :head_back:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

28 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Who'd ever expect not to see Police sets from City??? :head_back:

Themed police is almost guaranteed inbetween regular City Police, so maybe a Police Boat theme for 2021 (last one was Prison Island 2016) , which came out 1 year after Deep Sea.

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri @Digger of Bricks

As long as the City theme exists....from the 2010s onwards, we can gurantee a few things. 

1. Police - surroundings may change, but the story stays the same! BORING!!!!!!
  2. Great Vehicles - those are actually interesting. Especially the ones in 2020
  3. Explorers or Expedition - guaranteed since 2014. However, they were still technically town subthemes back during the 90s and early 2000s. So I kinda understand why they are here. 
  4. Nothing New or Interesting - unless it has to do with the environment that the police are working in - the objective is still the same, what natural resources the explorers are studying, some great vehicles, the town sets and the annual mega sets
Edited by Brandon Pea

38 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The Research Vessel is very large and darkblue and floats and apparently has waterproof stickers.

(wonder if it's the same hull as 2015, or maybe a return of the largest hull from 2007.)

I'd hope it's the longer boat hull as we got the other one in dark blue last time.

17 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Wow, by the looks of it only if the bigger airport set looks good i will be saving money then.

The airport won't make up more than 10% of the set. If it's $100 set, the plane sounds like it's the big huge type, that would be $70 of the set at least right there.

I'm hoping it's a medium size plane so we get a building and not just a wall.

Let's hope one of the new ocean explorer set include some kind of marine life form.

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

*huh* Wait, I'm confused. Is it airport and plane in one set or both are separate sets?