Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

22 minutes ago, AMD said:

That's some fine work there but aren't we suppose to have a discussion about regular City 2020 sets? I'm sure there is a topic in eurobricks out there for moc enthusiast. Why not re-post all this to the other topic then.

Actually, I think I got 2 public transit discussions mixed up :facepalm: Yeah, probably enough of that.

Oh another note. I'm definately wagering on some type of subtheme that can utilize the new magnet piece. 

Edited by pooda

45 minutes ago, imvanya said:

@fordtruckin , @pooda here's something both of you should see – one of @L@go's classic set redux'es, also based on 379:

I'd say it would not qualify as a modular, but it is definitely a pretty MOC.

I hadn't seen that so thanks for sharing it. That is a beautiful station. Better than anything Lego would likely produce, especially in the City line. A perfect addition to a custom Lego city imo.

11 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

I hadn't seen that so thanks for sharing it. That is a beautiful station. Better than anything Lego would likely produce, especially in the City line. A perfect addition to a custom Lego city imo.

On that, we can agree. Though to be realistic, if we were to get a subtheme based around the transit system, it would likely just consist of a city bus with a decent sized shelter, some type of commuter train similar to a European high speed train and something that reminds you of one of those classic cable cars you'd see in San Francisco.....and I say that from just knowing Lego. 

But changing the topic, considering that we've got that new magnet piece....What do you guys think of the chance that Harbor, Cargo or Construction would make a comeback in summer 2020? I mean that magnet piece (even though Lego probably doesn't realize it), has opened up a lot of playable opportunities. 

Edited by pooda

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Oh another note. I'm definately wagering on some type of subtheme that can utilize the new magnet piece. 

Magnet could be used for a Harbour/Trains/Truck Cargo Crane (Containers/Crates).

Of course Construction/Demolition as well, but with the 4+ set already themed around that, I'm not so sure for 2020.

Or maybe something different and more Industrial like a Junkyard/Scrapyard/Steel Mill.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Magnet could be used for a Harbour/Trains/Truck Cargo Crane (Containers/Crates).

Of course Construction/Demolition as well, but with the 4+ set already themed around that, I'm not so sure for 2020.

Or maybe something different and more Industrial like a Junkyard/Scrapyard/Steel Mill.

Steel Mill experts? Hmmmm! Why do I think its likely? Then again, I think anything is possible as long as its a popular job amongst kids. 

Edited by pooda

6 minutes ago, pooda said:

Steel Mill experts? Hmmmm! Why do I think its likely? Then again, I think anything is possible as long as its a popular job amongst kids. 

I dunno, I just was thinking about how a Steel Mill could combine multiple cargo elements, as Ore/Coal and Products like Steel can be carried in/out by Ships and Trains.

The last 2011 Harbour ship had Grain, so Ore or Coal could be represented in a similar way by using reddish brown/darkred or black 1x1 rounds instead of the tan used in 2011.

lego-harbour-set-4645-15-2.jpg

The codename is still in/out which if taken from multiple angles could be passengers (airport, cruise ship , busses), or Cargo movement.

Even could be Racing, but the winter wave already focused on cars so I doubt we'd get a pit-stop subtheme unless LEGO suddenly makes like a Formula-Racing of it's own.

Of course, like Banana or Leaf, the name maybe isn't even related at all.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The codename is still in/out which if taken from multiple angles could be passengers (airport, cruise ship , busses), or Cargo movement.

How about some of all? Let's call it the Transport subtheme! 

• 60260 City Bus Duo
  • 60261 Limousine and Private Jet 
  • 60262 Garage 
  • 60263 Cargo Terminal
  • 60264 Petrol Truck 
  • 60265 Ferry Dock 
  • 60266 Harbor 

Ok ok! I know three of those based off of the 2013 Cargo wave! But C'MON, that was the best cargo wave ever. Especially that helicopter plane set. Overall, if the wave was like that, that would be the perfect wave there. 

Here's my hope for the unknown town sets:

• 60268 Construction Site
  • 60271 City Center 

The perfect summer wave there! But I think we'd better wait until its time for the sets to be revealed. 

Edited by pooda

3 hours ago, pooda said:

How about some of all? Let's call it the Transport subtheme! 

• 60260 City Bus Duel 
  • 60261 Limousine and Private Jet 
  • 60262 Garage 
  • 60263 Cargo Terminal
  • 60264 Petrol Truck 
  • 60265 Ferry Dock 
  • 60266 Harbor 

Ok ok! I know three of those based off of the 2013 Cargo wave! But C'MON, that was the best cargo wave ever. Especially that helicopter plane set. Overall, if the wave was like that, that would be the perfect wave there. 

Here's my hope for the unknown town sets:

• 60268 Construction Site
  • 60271 City Center 

The perfect summer wave there! But I think we'd better wait until its time for the sets to be revealed. 

Yes! that would be so cool. i do hope they bring back airport, but i love the idea of a large construction sit + city center. i dont think 60268 will be similar to doughnut shop opening, especially because they are doing a large town plan set.

other than airport i hope they bring back construction. the last time was 2009, almost 11 years ago.

60260 - construction starter pack

60261 - bulldozer 4+

60262 - cement truck

60263 - kangaroo crane

60264 - construction HQ

60265 - house construction

60266 - downtown construction

7 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Yes! that would be so cool. i do hope they bring back airport, but i love the idea of a large construction sit + city center. i dont think 60268 will be similar to doughnut shop opening, especially because they are doing a large town plan set.

other than airport i hope they bring back construction. the last time was 2009, almost 11 years ago.

60260 - construction starter pack

60261 - bulldozer 4+

60262 - cement truck

60263 - kangaroo crane

60264 - construction HQ

60265 - house construction

60266 - downtown construction

Those are good ideas too! But usually, Lego does at least 2 to 3 subthemes during the summer including an explorers theme and the Town subtheme. So In/Out sounds like a mystery subtheme. 

Btw, I meant to say City Bus Duo. Not City Bus Duel. 

Edited by pooda

GUYS!!!!!! The official prices for the 2020 sets. Prepare to be disappointed. The service station is overpriced again (just kidding) and the police station and tuning shop are 100 bucks. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/city?page=1&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.availabilityStatus.zxx-US&filters.i0.values.i0="B_COMING_SOON_AT_DATE"%2C"D_COMING_SOON"

Edited by pooda

15 minutes ago, pooda said:

GUYS!!!!!! The official prices for the 2020 sets. Prepare to be disappointed. The service station is overpriced again (just kidding) and the police station and tuning shop are 100 bucks. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/city?page=1&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.availabilityStatus.zxx-US&filters.i0.values.i0="B_COMING_SOON_AT_DATE"%2C"D_COMING_SOON"

Dang. That Service Station felt like a $30 set. At 354 pieces, it probably SHOULD be a $30 set. But instead it's $50. Yeesht. That was honestly the only City set I was even a tiny bit interested in, but not at that price. Oh well. 

Just now, Joebot said:

Dang. That Service Station felt like a $30 set. At 354 pieces, it probably SHOULD be a $30 set. But instead it's $50. Yeesht. That was honestly the only City set I was even a tiny bit interested in, but not at that price. Oh well. 

Why does Lego City as a whole have to be so damn expensive? I understand inflation and all, but there's gotta be a way to do it without emptying my pockets like the IRS. 

16 minutes ago, pooda said:

Seems some Dollar prices are unfavored again for City, and NL Euro prices are again above German prices on some sets as well as usual. (NL Licensed theme prices can be a lot worse compared to $ however)

Just compared US, NL and DE 

Racing Cars : $30 , €25 NL , €20 DE

Fire Helicopter : $30 , €25 NL , €20 DE

Police Helicopter chase: $40 , €30

Police Helicopter Transport  $50 , €45

Police Highway Arrest : $30 , €20

2 minutes ago, pooda said:

Why does Lego City as a whole have to be so damn expensive? I understand inflation and all, but there's gotta be a way to do it without emptying my pockets like the IRS. 

It seems to be a symptom that especially unfavors US prices, meanwhile Harry Potter or Star Wars can be terribly overpriced here, biggest example was Hoth Medical Chamber which was a $30 set but €50 in NL.

Just now, TeriXeri said:

It seems to be a symptom that especially unfavors US prices, meanwhile Harry Potter or Star Wars can be terribly overpriced here, biggest example was Hoth Medical Chamber which was a $30 set but €50 in NL.

Oh dang! Harry Potter sets are overpriced where you live. 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, pooda said:

M-TRON 2!

I was told it would never happen because kids would eat the magnets. But I guess Lego has found a fix for that. 

So of course they now have no choice but to bring back old Space themes! :excited:

Just now, danth said:

I was told it would never happen because kids would eat the magnets. But I guess Lego has found a fix for that. 

I think that's why the age isn't any lower than 5. LOL 

9 hours ago, danth said:

M-TRON 2!

That was my thought as well. ?

9 hours ago, danth said:

M-TRON 2!

So of course they now have no choice but to bring back old Space themes! :excited:

I actually wonder if LEGO is planning to use the pieces in a future (space-based?!) Action Theme, since magnets are an odd play-feature for City. 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, TeriXeri said:

"In/Out" isn't really a "codename," it's just a term used internally to describe any "one-and-done" subtheme. Don't read too much into it.

Just now, tafkatb said:

"In/Out" isn't really a "codename," it's just a term used internally to describe any "one-and-done" subtheme. Don't read too much into it.

One and done? Like as in there is NO chance of it being revived?

Just now, tafkatb said:

Ok, good to know :thumbup: