Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Just now, toopizza13 said:

i just noticed that they are doing a beach buggy pollybag for city. maybe coast guard is back for 2020, last time was 2017 and they seem to go by rounds of 3 years to re-use ideas. 

Though that one should have three year status too (in my opinion), Coast Guard comes every 4 years and like you said....the last CG wave was in 2017. So it won't be returning until 2021. The airport theme should be coming back by then too. So with that being said, I think summer 2021 will be a good wave too. 

Beach Buggy Polybag certainly is a nice one, I like the Orange-Yellow color with the Red wheels.

Also just noticed on the Police Helicopter Truck, are they using Speed Champions wheels in City now ? :thumbup:

60244-1.jpg?201912050921

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri Yeah! I noticed that. I see it also acts as a mobile unit looking at the cell area of the truck. 

Also I wonder if the guy in the brown is any kin to The Brickster.  

Edited by pooda

On 12/4/2019 at 2:47 AM, pooda said:

I hope they do a Police Train next year. Crime can happen anywhere. Even on the rails. 

If you go on YouTube and see Victor Tanzig's, The Stories of Sodor, you'll know.

....and it would still be sticking to the topic of an action packed life in the city. 

Check out this 1980something British Rail ad: [media]

18 hours ago, pooda said:

@Lyichir We don't want to hear you empathizing if it means you have to disappoint us and crush our wishes for City in the process by telling us that our ideas for sets and certain designs won't happen. 

We're making wishes. Not complaining. 

The post I was replying to in the first place was pretty much straight complaining, actually. Calling the use of stickers "inexcusable" when in fact there were pretty straightforward reasons for why they were used is not a "wish".

But I'm done here. There's no point in me engaging with posts by people who take any sort of contribution I make to discussions as insincere or malicious. Doing so saps my enthusiasm for a hobby that is meant to bring me joy.

50 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

But I'm done here. There's no point in me engaging with posts by people who take any sort of contribution I make to discussions as insincere or malicious. Doing so saps my enthusiasm for a hobby that is meant to bring me joy.

Please don't get discouraged. I followed your points easily and agree completely with your approach and explanations and appreciate the input you have contributed. Some members are easily offended and "triggered" by anything they perceive as negative towards them our their ideas. Don't let immature behavior of others ruin the joy you get from doing Lego your way.

Would I buy a good transportation hub set, probably. Do I think it is likely, no, for the same reasons already pointed out about less exciting and many forms of public transit are not in the best condition from my experiences. 

Also, forgive me @pooda but I find it difficult to believe that people would revere a bus or train operator in the same way the see a hero like police, firefighters, doctors, paramedics, etc....to me even good teachers would garner far more respect than a bus driver, no offense to your profession.

@fordtruckin If you were a real Lego fan, "Its not likely" wouldn't even come out of your mouth! All things are possible with Lego. On top of that, how do you know its not likely? They've done it before. Those would be sincerely boring to children of this generation. But if given a chance, a transit subtheme could be fun. Take the various types of racing you see on YouTube. Look up bus racing and rodeos. Look at buses being chased by cops. I think working for the transit industry is more exciting than you think. Lego stretches the truth all the time with their City theme. Just like they do with all those dumb police themes. Lego is just good at that. 

And forgive me, but you find it difficult to believe because you aren't one. If you know how much we put our lives on the line to serve our community, you would have a different perception. 

Edited by pooda

Apologies, but I don't see how not thinking a set is "not likely" makes you less of a Lego fan than someone else?

But to remain on topic, has anyone got an idea of the UK prices for the police sets? I want quite a few of them.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Calling the use of stickers "inexcusable" when in fact there were pretty straightforward reasons for why they were used is not a "wish".

There's no point in me engaging with posts by people who take any sort of contribution I make to discussions as insincere or malicious. Doing so saps my enthusiasm for a hobby that is meant to bring me joy.

I mean this is the internet after all. Every individual has to speak on their own mind but any word that they place like I did right now would cause anyone to be "questionable" or if nothing else, "triggered", but that's just me. I get that a lot and I don't mind. If that's what everyone thinks about you, me or anyone else, so be it. Just get used to this type of experience because at the end of the day, its their way of thinking and you being offended from their words may get worse in the end.

But that topic is way overboard, so getting back, Coastguard won't be back till next year(unless there was an unexpected change) but I do want airport back in 2020 though so we'll see.

Edited by AMD

If we get an Explorer theme again, which is not out of the question as Deep Sea, Volcano, Jungle, Arctic, Space all have been summer waves , I hope it's something like Desert Explorers, with either digging up Dinosaur Bones or Ancient Structures,

Dinosaur bones were in a City magazine comic this year so it's certainly a thing that exists within the City story, but then again Dinosaur skeletons were also in a Nexo Knight comic so I don't take those for granted, IDEAS also covered Dinosaur skeletons recently already.

Desert theme itself also had a City set  in 2019 with the Desert Rally Racer.

Of course Airport or Harbour in history have been summer waves as well so that's also still possible.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

If we get an Explorer theme again, which is not out of the question as Deep Sea, Volcano, Jungle, Arctic, Space all have been summer waves , I hope it's something like Desert Explorers, with either digging up Dinosaur Bones or Ancient Structures,

Maybe someday, there will be an explorers subtheme, based off an underground caverns much like Rock Raiders/Power Miners. I know there are Mining sets in 2018 but those are not enough to go underground.

Edited by AMD

22 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I've likely expressed this here earlier, but given the four year cycles we've seen for "Exploration" subthemes like Space and Arctic, I could see 2020's subtheme being a follow-up to both 2015's Deep Sea Explorers and 2016's Volcano Explorers, hypothetically with a premise revolving around deep-sea exploration of ocean floor volcanic vents. :shrug_oh_well:

27 minutes ago, AMD said:

Maybe someday, there will be an explorers subtheme, based off an underground caverns much like Rock Raiders/Power Miners. I know there are Mining sets in 2018 but those are not enough to go underground.

Huh, I've never thought of Cave Exploration before for City... :oh: ...not a bad idea! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

For what it's worth, I was as nice as possible. But think about it for a second and this doesn't warrant a response. I want you to consider what you just said. Perhaps, now you know how it feels to have your views attacked. You, your sister and various other users make me feel that way a lot and I don't even complain about sets, I'm just blunt. 

Just thought I'd make my ending statement there. I'm done now!

3 hours ago, AMD said:

But that topic is way overboard, so getting back, Coastguard won't be back till next year(unless there was an unexpected change) but I do want airport back in 2020 though so we'll see.

Consider the new magnet piece we've just received, I'm wagering on a Harbor or Cargo subtheme to complement that over the summer. The magnet piece would be good for cranes that need to lift cargo. I'm screaming for those two to return. Those were awesome during that time. 

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I had an idea for a Forest Exploration subtheme. Maybe that's where they can find the dinosaur bones and even some ancient medieval ruins. 

Edited by pooda

10 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Chiming in on this tangent to say not to get discouraged either. I think it best to keep our wants within reason, as this is about the 2020 sets & what they could be & are. Don’t let how other people react to your opinion keep you from giving it. It’s the Internet, it’s chock full of different opinions. 

2 hours ago, pooda said:

@Vindicare Don't buy into the victim playing. What he said we were doing to him, he does it all the time to me and others. 

Sounds like @pooda is the real Eurobricks victim, just ask him. 

I really don't think there will be a good public transit station in city this year or the next few either. Aside from police and fire sets city isn't known for their detailed buildings. They surprise you once in a while like with the hospital where buying 2 can make a decent building, but realistically the typical city building is more like the hotel or museum from 60200. 

I challenge you @pooda to use your real world knowledge as a bus driver and public transport commuter to design your own take on such a building and show us what you can do. I'm genuinely interested and if I like your concept I'd consider buying instructions from you as my city lacks any sort of transportation hub. 

@fordtruckin Ohohoho! I love me a challenge! Peep this my friend.

I think I prefer simplicity. With that being said, City has given us plenty of amazing buildings. Care for me to go down the list? 

Past 

• Basically every building from 2006 to 2009
  • 2010 Fire Station
  • 2011 Police Station
  • 2011 Marina
  • 2011 Harbor 
  • 2011 Train Station
  • 2012 Hospital
  • 2012 Garage
  • 2013 Museum  
  • 2013 Fire Station
  • 2013 Pizzeria f 
  • 2013 Skate Shop  
  • 2014 Police Station
  • 2014 Arctic Command Center
  • 2014 Train Station 
  • 2015 Space Center
  • 2015 Car Dealership 
  • 2015 Lego Store 
  • 2016 Prison
  • 2016 Fire Station
  • 2016 Airport 
  • 2017 Coast Guard Headquarters
  • 2018 Museum
  • 2018 Hotel 
  • 2018 Hotdog Stand 

Present 

• 2019 Doughnut Shop
  • 2019 Toy Store
  • 2019 Fire Station
  • 2019 Launch Control Center

Future 

• 2020 Tuning Shop
  • 2020 Police Station 

I'll admit that the service station isn't detailed enough. But I don't mind. That's a job for me to do! 

Edited by pooda

5 minutes ago, pooda said:

@fordtruckin Ohohoho! I love me a challenge! Peep this my friend.

I did see that, and I didn't comment for a reason. Please don't take offense, but I wouldn't buy that from anyone and if it was given to me it would be in the spare parts bin for my kids. That is along the same lines as the museum from 60200, just an empty shell. You could slap any sticker on it and it would easily be another business. Build something with depth and detail. Something where you don't even have to describe what it is because it would be instantly recognizable for its intended purpose. 

Snobbery intensifies.

You do know this is a MOC right? This isn't something I plan to push towards Lego.... 

Edited by pooda

6 minutes ago, pooda said:

Snobbery intensifies.

You do know this is a MOC right? This isn't something I plan to push towards Lego.... 

The truth is the truth regardless of what you choose to believe. Its not snobbery. You talk a huge game demanding Lego produce a set that you believe everyone wants even though its been pointed out by other members that a simple search of Eurobricks doesn't support your assertion. Because you pressed the matter I did comment on your MOC with some criticism that if you take to heart I believe it can motivate you to create something better that you would be more happy with. I would like to see a neat build from you especially considering an early post from you where there was a claim that you would work for Lego someday. If I seem harsh its because a lot of really talented builders don't get hired by Lego so you leave yourself enormous shoes to fill with that statement. The ball is in your court my friend. I really do hope you can make a beautiful build that reflects a transit station in detail and I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. Best of luck to ya!

@fordtruckin Hey! You try building a functional building among all the stresses of having your guard let down over the fact that there will never be another golden age for City like it was from 2006 to 2009. Go easy on me ok. I get stressed out. Maybe I feel the same way as @Lyichir in feeling upset that my views are seen as malicious. Have a damn heart will ya! 

Edited by pooda

10 minutes ago, imvanya said:

@fordtruckin , @pooda here's something both of you should see – one of @L@go's classic set redux'es, also based on 379:

34716153060_0e104a8a9a_o.jpgCity Station 1 by Are J Heiseldal, on Flickr

I'd say it would not qualify as a modular, but it is definitely a pretty MOC.

That's some fine work there but aren't we suppose to have a discussion about regular City 2020 sets? I'm sure there is a topic in eurobricks out there for moc enthusiast. Why not re-post all this to the other topic then.

Edited by AMD

Just now, AMD said:

That's some fine work there but aren't we suppose to have a discussion about regular City 2020 sets. I'm sure there is a topic in eurobricks out there for moc enthusiast. Why not re-post all this to the other topic then.

You get the last word. We're done!