Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

7 hours ago, pooda said:

I'm still fighting for a subtheme about the bus system. That would be very easy to do. I hope the buses have the same livery as the train from 60197. 

Are you going to be the main character @pooda:tongue:

2 hours ago, pooda said:

You may have noticed my recent rants here. But I digress as I was able to get a closer look. 

2020 will be the best wave we've had in ages. I hope summer 2020 is just as awesome. 60256 is my first pickup for 2020. 

same! that is on my list. i will be selling my old police station on ebay, and buying the new one.

Just now, toopizza13 said:

same! that is on my list. i will be selling my old police station on ebay, and buying the new one.

That's what I'm doing. Goodbye 60141! Hello 60246! Sorry Chase, you've got replaced by Duke. 

So...here's my list for 2020 sets; Police Station, Monster Truck Heist (I need the bank to comes with), all auto care sets, and all great vehicles. 

20 minutes ago, pooda said:

That's what I'm doing. Goodbye 60141! Hello 60246! Sorry Chase, you've got replaced by Duke. 

So...here's my list for 2020 sets; Police Station, Monster Truck Heist (I need the bank to comes with), all auto care sets, and all great vehicles. 

my birthday is before the release date, so ill be getting these sets with my relatives discount: the police brick box, the highway chase set, the monster truck robbery, the new police station, the mail plane, the gas station and the service station car bundle thing. work at lego you get a 50% discount its awesome.

25 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

my birthday is before the release date, so ill be getting these sets with my relatives discount: the police brick box, the highway chase set, the monster truck robbery, the new police station, the mail plane, the gas station and the service station car bundle thing. work at lego you get a 50% discount its awesome.

Everything is awesome. 

41 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Awesomeness! You are a lucky man. 

My only issue (but not an issue at the same time) is that there is no garage for the suv that comes with the police station. However, this years police sets seem to be based more on American styles than Europe. And....the precincts here in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area don't really have garages. Most of them are just outside in a gated parking lot. So I think I can look beyond the fact that there is no garage. Matter of fact, the only first responder vehicles that get garages here are the fire trucks. 

9 hours ago, pooda said:

My only issue (but not an issue at the same time) is that there is no garage for the suv that comes with the police station. However, this years police sets seem to be based more on American styles than Europe. And....the precincts here in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area don't really have garages. Most of them are just outside in a gated parking lot. So I think I can look beyond the fact that there is no garage. Matter of fact, the only first responder vehicles that get garages here are the fire trucks. 

I wonder if the typical lego police station really owes more to real life fire stations, for greater play value. 

5 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I wonder if the typical lego police station really owes more to real life fire stations, for greater play value. 

What do you mean, ol chap? :classic:

3 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

I mean, build it like a fire station, with rapid response vehicles on standby in dedicated garages, but for the police. 

I guess because that would make the sets a little more expensive. 

Still find it a bit strange that Police had no boats at all in 2017, 2019 and 2020 so far, and only 1 small riverboat in 2018.

I wonder if LEGO is saving them for the right moment, like a Harbour Police set.

Not that I am suggesting more Police sets for 2020 , it's just something I noticed.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if LEGO is saving them for the right moment, like a Harbour Police set.

I hope they do a Police Train next year. Crime can happen anywhere. Even on the rails. 

If you go on YouTube and see Victor Tanzig's, The Stories of Sodor, you'll know.

....and it would still be sticking to the topic of an action packed life in the city. 

I'm still hyped about the ice cream truck, though I'd probably end up removing the big sign from up top. The only thing that frustrates me is that if restaurants don't do that well in City, but vans do - then why don't they just do food trucks instead? KFOLs will win because they get vehicles and AFOLs win because they get to still see as many food choices as they do now. 

Edited by pooda

On 12/4/2019 at 10:47 AM, pooda said:

I hope they do a Police Train next year. Crime can happen anywhere. Even on the rails. 

Police Train? Lol. Wait till 2021 to see if they can do that and then all the sudden, trains subtheme will no longer be included and AFOL's go berserk in the forums. :tongue:

Edited by AMD

4 minutes ago, AMD said:

Police Train? Lol. Wait till 2021 to see if they can do that and then all the sudden, trains subtheme will no longer be included and AFOL's go berserk in the forums. :tongue:

LOL! That would be a disaster. Lego City Police will officially be renamed Lego Police. City is no more. :tongue:

I mean.....kids may be ok with it. But older fans will be in an uproar. 

Trains isn't slated to refresh until 2022. We'll have to wait until then. They can release a police train under there. 

I just realize something with your profile pic.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, pooda said:

pooda

It may not look like them, it may not be even the same car but they sure love to race. I don't know why but I'm looking back and forth between the two of them and I feel their same energy. Maybe its their offspring or something. :innocent2:

Guess your even more excited to get that set if Lego Island is your childhood.

Edited by Peppermint_M
removed attachments as requested.

54 minutes ago, AMD said:

I just realize something with your profile pic.

image.jpeg.569439fd3b9b2e8d6020de9cc3d83143.jpegimage.jpeg.12f477d1344dea53e766de0784d28664.jpeg

It may not look like them, it may not be even the same car but they sure love to race. I don't know why but I'm looking back and forth between the two of them and I feel their same energy. Maybe its their offspring or something. :innocent2:

Guess your even more excited to get that set if Lego Island is your childhood.

Let's just say that's what encouraged me to start a theory about Lego City being Lego Island in the present day. Part of that theory is that Duke, Fleck and Harl are descendants of Nick Brick, Infomaniac and Bill Ding. 

Edited by pooda

15 minutes ago, pooda said:

Let's just say that's what encouraged me to start a theory about Lego City being Lego Island in the present day. Part of that theory is that Duke, Fleck and Harl are descendants of Nick Brick, Infomaniac and Bill Ding. 

Same can be said with Tread Octane to Nubby Stevens whom are auto mechanics. 

You could argue that the Red cap girl with black tanktop or the girl with a dark green jacket is one to Nancy Nubbins.

8 minutes ago, AMD said:

Same can be said with Tread Octane to Nubby Stevens whom are auto mechanics. 

You could argue that the Red cap girl with black tanktop or the girl with a dark green jacket is one to Nancy Nubbins.

It's also possible that at sometime in his life, the Brickster could've gotten married because Daisy Kaboom looks like she could very well be his daughter. I mean....they both are very destructive. 

12 minutes ago, pooda said:

It's also possible that at sometime in his life, the Brickster could've gotten married because Daisy Kaboom looks like she could very well be his daughter. I mean....they both are very destructive. 

Let hope someone from Lego makes a pizzeria that are descendants of the brickolini's.

Bonus points if one was adopted and became a hero of the city next to duke.

I don't mind if he's a child because that's what Lego was aiming for.

Come to think of it. The set 60258 comes with a 2x2 plate that says pizza, so there may be a chance.

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gDftmoC4U/

Edited by AMD

20 minutes ago, AMD said:

Let hope someone from Lego makes a pizzeria that are descendants of the brickolini's.

Bonus points if one was adopted and became a hero of the city next to duke.

I don't mind if he's a child because that's what Lego was aiming for.

Come to think of it. The set 60258 comes with a 2x2 plate that says pizza, so there may be a chance.

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gDftmoC4U/

Wouldn't it be funny if a guy similar to Pepper ran the pizzeria? 

6 minutes ago, pooda said:

Wouldn't it be funny if a guy similar to Pepper ran the pizzeria? 

:laugh: That would made my day, but we'll see once summer sets comes out .

4 minutes ago, AMD said:

:laugh: That would made my day, but we'll see once summer sets comes out .

I already made it clear that the farmer from the harvester set last year was Red Greenbase.