Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Over on @Roebuck's new animal mold discussion topic...

3 hours ago, Ogist said:

I just saw two new English bulldog on IG. Looks great.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wow those look great. This is way too early for these to be from CMF S20, right?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, that can’t be it... My guess is they’re from the City theme, just like that owl that leaked months ago :classic:

50 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on @Roebuck's new animal mold discussion topic...

Oh, those look terrific!
If these are real, I would love to buy me some of those.

1 hour ago, pooda said:

It's a pity that this thread is closed and Lego doesn't need our help with City themes anymore.

What do you mean by saying 'this thread is closed'? 

Edit: Nevermind, I thought this very thread is closed. 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

2 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Edit: Nevermind, I thought this very thread is closed. 

Yupp! It's the one in the link. I guess Lego pretty much knows what they're doing. They don't really need us to tell them what to do. I guess that means the Ideas for New City Sets page should be closed. 

1 minute ago, Modeltrainman said:

I thought I saw 'LEGO City Turbo Wheels' mentioned somewhere. Anybody know what that is?

I honestly don't know. 

1 hour ago, Modeltrainman said:

I thought I saw 'LEGO City Turbo Wheels' mentioned somewhere. Anybody know what that is?

This is currently all that we know: 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, Dominic said:

I have some intel that we may be getting a new subtheme called Turbo Wheels, including 60258, 60257, 60256, and 60255. I also have prices and minifig counts (These are from a website, NOT leaked by me or anything). @pooda @AMD @Classic_Spaceman

LEGO 60258 Tuning Workshop

5 +NEW

€ 99,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60257 Service Station

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60256 Racing Cars

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60255 Stunt Team

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60246 Police Station

5 +NEW

€ 99,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60245 Police Monster Truck Heist

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60244 Police Helicopter Transport

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60243 Police Helicopter Chase

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60242 Police Highway Arrest

5 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60241 Police Dog Unit

4 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60254 Race Boat Transporter

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60253 Ice Cream Truck

5 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60252 Construction Bulldozer

4 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60251 Monster Truck

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60249 Street Sweeper

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60248 Fire Response Helicopter

5 +NEW

€ 24,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60247 Forest Fire

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

Just now, Modeltrainman said:

I will say this, (and about Disney sets too, )but some of those seem like rehashes. I could've sworn a racing boat came out maybe...3 years ago?

I agree about the rehashes part. Considering that the police station is at least 100 bricks less than the last one, I'm looking at $79.99. Not $99.99. 

I mean, I know a police station has to be around for upcoming Duplo graduates, but the non police/fire stuff is redundant. Maybe try an offroad racing subtheme, with lifted sportcars, monster trucks, some launcher? Or... a hardware store, with copious toilets, because kids love toilets?

It occurs to me that the reason there can be a (rumored) racing subtheme of City next year is because Speed Champions has moved to an 8-wide standard.  At the 6-wide standard, the 2013 City Formula One car 60025 was only a little smaller than the Speed Champions Formula One cars, but now that Speed Champions has definitively moved to an extra-large scale there's room for City race cars again.

14 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

I mean, I know a police station has to be around for upcoming Duplo graduates, but the non police/fire stuff is redundant. 

I wouldn't call the non Fire and Police stuff redundant. I mean....Arctic and Space are pretty good sellers too. 

In my opinion, different police departments every year seem more redundant to me. I mean....you could just continue to produce set 60141 until it's time for 60246 to come out. That's what I call the slick way to make money. 

Maybe try an offroad racing subtheme, with lifted sportcars, monster trucks, some launcher? 

I was thinking a reboot of the 1996 Race subtheme. Can cover all sorts of racing; formula 1, go karts, dirt racing, stunt racing, etc. 

Or... a hardware store, with copious toilets, because kids love toilets?

Now that's funny! :laugh: 

I could see a hardware store, but only in one of the mega sets that comes out every summer. In order for it to sell though, it'll probably have to have a crook stealing a hammer or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, icm said:

It occurs to me that the reason there can be a (rumored) racing subtheme of City next year is because Speed Champions has moved to an 8-wide standard.  At the 6-wide standard, the 2013 City Formula One car 60025 was only a little smaller than the Speed Champions Formula One cars, but now that Speed Champions has definitively moved to an extra-large scale there's room for City race cars again.

I never thought they were in the way to begin with. I mean.....if you want simplicity and genetics, go for a CITY race car. If you want a more detailed and realistic look, go for the one from Speed Champions. 

I personally don't think that the lack of race cars being under City has to do with Speed Champions because Great Vehicles and Speed Champions are aimed at two different age groups. Great Vehicles is mainly for children and preteens while Speed Champions is mainly targeted towards teenagers and young adults. 

Edited by pooda

2 minutes ago, pooda said:

I wouldn't call the non Fire and Police stuff redundant. I mean....Arctic and Space are pretty good sellers too. 

In my opinion, different police departments every year seem more redundant to me. I mean....you could just continue to produce set 60141 until it's time for 60246 to come out. That's what I call the slick way to make money. 

I was thinking a reboot of the 1996 Race subtheme. Can cover all sorts of racing; formula 1, go karts, dirt racing, stunt racing, etc. 

Now that's funny! :laugh: 

I could see a hardware store, but only in one of the mega sets that comes out every summer. In order for it to sell though, it'll probably have to have a crook stealing a hammer or something like that. 

That's true, so what, since 6 year olds love fire and police do a new station every 6 years?

I loved that theme. I have(I've never gotten rid of my LEGO, by choice) https://brickset.com/sets/6639-1/Raven-Racer, and would buy a well done reboot. (Oh, how I'd love those prices back!)

If we were to follow my example,  new police stations would come out every three years actually. 

5 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

I loved that theme. I have(I've never gotten rid of my LEGO, by choice) https://brickset.com/sets/6639-1/Raven-Racer, and would buy a well done reboot. (Oh, how I'd love those prices back!)

Oh yeah! I also remember the Indy Transport and Fast Track Finish. 

1 hour ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

2020 Technic sets just got revealed.

C'mon, where's the City stuff at? 

Ikr! Now this DON'T make no sense. 

8 minutes ago, pooda said:

But I can't wait until next week. I'll freak out. 

When I say reeeally little bit, I mean reeeally little bit. They're out there now. :wink:

3 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

When I say reeeally little bit, I mean reeeally little bit. They're out there now. :wink:

Indeed, they’re popping up on IG as we speak :wink: Interesting to see magnets return, albeit in a new form :laugh:

Yo! I just saw the helicopter chase. I want that set. I need the 60s gangster for a scene I'm planning. 

The police station isn't exactly what I expected. But I guess it's better than no headquarters at all.