Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

10 minutes ago, Dominic said:

This thread is getting really off topic...

I mean, the current topic is far, far away from the listed one...

Yeah.....let's get back to the topic. 

Farm police would also cause me to abandon TLG. But a modern sheriff's theme would be cool, with trucks/jeeps.

I think that would be a discussion for the 2012, 2015 and 2018 discussion pages. All which have sheriff's. 

I dunno what else the in/out could be though. I suppose it could be a whole sub based off Lego City Adventures, but I doubt it. My hope would be public transportation, farm, etc. We also haven't had construction for a bit, though we did have Mine. 

It does kinda seem like most of the sets take place in outdoorsy environments. I kinda think that defeats the purpose considering the name of the theme.

To stay on topic, for 2020, I would like to see more subthemes that take place inside the city. Classic Police and Racing is a great start. I would also hope to see a subtheme centered around the bus system for summer 2020 (being a bus driver myself). Construction and Farm are also good action packed subthemes that deserve a fair chance along with a subtheme focused on the EMS <<<< another theme that I think deserves three year rotation status. 

I also wander what 2020's town plan will be. 

Edited by pooda

1 minute ago, pooda said:

Construction and Farm are also good action packed subthemes that deserve a fair chance along with a subtheme focused on the EMS <<<< another theme that I think deserves three year rotation status. 

Yeah kids love construction and farms.

And EMS definitely needs a 3yr rotation, yes. Last years RAD hospital was a good start...

1 hour ago, Dominic said:

Safari certainly sounds viable, but that set could also just be a GV set. 

A Safari set is both too specific and out-of-place with other sets to just be a GV, and a Safari/wildlife-conservationists subtheme would fit with LEGO's other recent research/exploration-based subthemes (Arctic, Jungle, Volcano Explorers, etc). 

I'm not sure about the whole sub-theme being about Safari. It could be interesting, but I couldn't imagine the whole theme is based on that. We'll see. I'm certainly looking forward to non-friends animals.

I wish we get a school and a school bus and maybe something more for the hospital subtheme. Again I'm not sure what else to get (we already got the hospital, helicopter, and ambulance in one set), but I just like this subtheme so much. Wish there was more to it.

2 hours ago, meliander said:

I'm not sure about the whole sub-theme being about Safari. It could be interesting, but I couldn't imagine the whole theme is based on that. 

Really? I can easily see a small ATV, an off-road truck, a small helicopter, a medical truck, a supply plane, and a mobile research base - Just based on LEGO’s past exploration subthemes. 
Additionally, since LEGO’s only prior Safari-based set is 6672 (released in 1990), it seems like an odd choice for a one-off GV. 

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Additionally, since LEGO’s only prior Safari-based set is 6672 (released in 1990), it seems like an odd choice for a one-off GV. 

Maybe, although that could be a reason to make another one.

So...Hidden Side pic are out, where are city????

It seems 2020 reveal season started , Chinese New Years, 2 Speed Champions, and now Hidden Side revealed within a week I don't think City and other themes are too far away.

January 2019 City had 19 sets.

At least sets 60241 - 60258 should be revealed soon (18 sets).

June 2019 City had 12 sets.

The other sets 60260 - 60271 are likely spring/summer 2020. (10 sets not counting super-packs)

Of course there could be more sets (some numbers are missing)

Edited by TeriXeri

LEGO revealed Hidden Side because it's a new theme and they want to drum up the talk about it. Makes complete sense.

What I find interesting is it's two weeks before Thanksgiving USA and for the last 15 years LEGO has release 3-5 of the following year's City sets at the end of November. So I guess that's ending as they would have to put the pages on S@H.

45 minutes ago, Maple said:

LEGO revealed Hidden Side because it's a new theme and they want to drum up the talk about it. Makes complete sense.

But HS has been around for a year now...unless people still haven't latched on

But HS has been around for a year now...unless people still haven't latched on

It was released in August. That's only 3.5 months. You want to push your new themes more than say City or NinjaGo which are top sellers.

15 hours ago, Maple said:

It was released in August. That's only 3.5 months. You want to push your new themes more than say City or NinjaGo which are top sellers.

It was released in August, but revealed as early as February 2019.

February 2019 was an early reveal due to it being a completely new theme, 2020 just seems to fall with the norm (November is a typical time reveals for January sets), and set numbers seem to indicate another  "summer" wave of Hidden Side later.

Edited by TeriXeri

I am putting the discussion of this leaked torso here: 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I've just inquired about this over on the 2020 Ninjago topic, and thought I'd ask here too. Does anyone here have any kinda clue where that one leaked mystery torso may belong to? It depicts an unzipped, Earth Green biker's jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, an orange "Phoenix" insignia on the back, and tan-colored hands. :shrug_confused:

On 8/14/2019 at 2:41 AM, Vindicare said:

Doesn’t seem like a Ninjago torso, that belt that looks to be the car seatbelt style belt. That, to me, wouldn’t fit with Ninjago. It could be a possessed person for next wave of HS, maybe a grease monkey. 

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, what did come of this torso anyway? Looks like it didn't show up after all within any of Hidden Side's upcoming sets; so, perhaps it does belong to Ninjago after all, or maybe something entirely? :def_shrug:

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It could be from the City "Turbo Wheels" subtheme. 

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, that'd be wild... :oh: ...I guess in context that "seatbelt buckle" would then make sense. :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I totally forgot about that. It certainly felt like an action theme kind of torso, not so much a City one. I’m not familiar with the “Turbo Wheels” subtheme, but that’s probably our best guess at the moment. The name suggests it could be something kinda outlandish. 

On 11/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, meliander said:

I wish we get a school and a school bus and maybe something more for the hospital subtheme. Again I'm not sure what else to get (we already got the hospital, helicopter, and ambulance in one set), but I just like this subtheme so much. Wish there was more to it.

In my opinion, the town subtheme of City should be limited strictly to playable buildings (like the hospital was) and the mega sets. 

The other subthemes can emphasize vehicles as much as they want to. Send less popular City subjects to the town subtheme. 

What I would like to see for 2020 is a pizzeria with a little pizza car and 3 minifigures that make a nod to Pepper, Mama and Papa Brickolini from the Lego Island franchise. 

Edited by pooda

4 hours ago, pooda said:

What I would like to see for 2020 is a pizzeria with a little pizza car and 3 minifigures that make a nod to Pepper, Mama and Papa Brickolini from the Lego Island franchise

Similarly, I would like "Turbo Wheels" to make a reminiscent to Rocket Racer from the LEGO Racers franchise.

6 hours ago, pooda said:

What I would like to see for 2020 is a pizzeria with a little pizza car and 3 minifigures that make a nod to Pepper, Mama and Papa Brickolini from the Lego Island franchise. 

Such a set would likely have the City Pizza branding and colour-scheme of the Pizza Van, though, and would probably not include Pepper's skateboard. A more accurate LEGO Island-inspired pizzeria might actually fit better in Hidden Side (and Pepper could use a recolour of Jack's new hairpiece). 

60150-1.jpg?201611101158

1 hour ago, AMD said:

Similarly, I would like "Turbo Wheels" to make a reminiscent to Rocket Racer from the LEGO Racers franchise.

We already have an updated Rocket Racer, from CMF Series 18 ("Race Car Guy"). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

42 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We already have an updated Rocket Racer, from CMF Series 18 ("Race Car Guy"). 

I know, but what I'm trying to say is I want a character from Turbo Wheels to live in a legacy of the mantle RR.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Such a set would likely have the City Pizza branding and colour-scheme of the Pizza Van, though, and would probably not include Pepper's skateboard.

How do you know? The first City Pizza restaurant was painted light green. I also said a pizza car. Not a skateboard. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A more accurate LEGO Island-inspired pizzeria might actually fit better in Hidden Side (and Pepper could use a recolour of Jack's new hairpiece). 

It could fit City too. Pizzerias don't have to look a certain way to make nods. I was just saying that in terms of the minifigs. And plus, Hidden Side would make it look too weird. So no. 

Edited by pooda

46 minutes ago, pooda said:

How do you know? The first City Pizza restaurant was painted light green. I also said a pizza car. Not a skateboard. 

It could fit City too. Pizzerias don't have to look a certain way to make nods. I was just saying that in terms of the minifigs. And plus, Hidden Side would make it look too weird. So no. 

Ah. I thought that you were referring to an actual update of the LEGO Island characters and pizzeria, not just small references in a regular City set. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ah. I thought that you were referring to an actual update of the LEGO Island characters and pizzeria, not just small references in a regular City set. 

Yeah. You know The Brickster appeared in set 60047 back in 2014. 

I guess we'll see first images about the time of the Black Friday sales start........selected retailers used to get a few early releases for the sale.

15 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

I guess we'll see first images about the time of the Black Friday sales start........selected retailers used to get a few early releases for the sale.

That gives me hope. :classic:

3 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

What was the date ?