Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:
  • Could it be that 60255 Stunt Team, 60256 Racing Cars, 60257 Service Station and 60258 Tuning Workshop aren't part of a City Racing theme, but belong to that Lego City TV show? This would explain 60257 which doesn't really fit in the rest of the lineup, meaning in a racing theme.

I've actually been hoping for Lego to bring the "Race" subtheme from classic town back. This could be it. 

@pooda, so you mean that 60257 Service Station isn't meant to be a gas station but a pit stop? In this case then the four sets together would make a Racing theme. But what is really missing there is then a grandstand!

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

@pooda, so you mean that 60257 Service Station isn't meant to be a gas station but a pit stop? 

Hmmmm.....

Neh! 

Otherwise, they would've specifically said pit stop. It could be also part of an Automotive subtheme. That's where I think the service station, race cars and tuning shop tie in together. 

On 8/30/2019 at 4:19 AM, pooda said:

I've actually been hoping for Lego to bring the "Race" subtheme from classic town back. This could be it. 

I hope!!!!!

Edited by Legobrickbro

If many future Lego city sets are tied to the TV series then seeing what appears in the show might give a clue to what be coming out over the next 12 months.

6 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

If many future Lego city sets are tied to the TV series then seeing what appears in the show might give a clue to what be coming out over the next 12 months.

But most of the sets showcased in the mini series have already been released. 

On 9/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, pooda said:

But most of the sets showcased in the mini series have already been released. 

Ah, but just three sets for twenty episodes is a little thin right ?

On 9/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, lightningtiger said:

Ah, but just three sets for twenty episodes is a little thin right ?

Well....some civilian automobiles from past sets and the fire trucks appeared. Same with some of the sky police vehicles. The car that Duke Detain drives is just a cartoon version of the car from set 60141. Unless they're going to release simplified versions of some of the buildings in the series and maybe a pitcrew people pack. 

Edited by pooda

@lightningtiger Then again, I do remember seeing a pizza place in the TV series that hasn't been released. I hope they release it as a standalone set though. 

How bout one of the female chefs playing the piano in the set? Mama Brickolini reference anyone? 

My hope for set number 60253 is that it uses the same shape at 60150. Only its painted as an ice cream truck. 

LEGO-60150-City-Great-Vehicles-Pizza-Van

Edited by pooda

@pooda I would love to see something like that. I would love to see a improved version of the pizza shop in set 7641. maybe even a new sedan like pizza delivery car.

Just now, toopizza13 said:

@pooda I would love to see something like that. I would love to see a improved version of the pizza shop in set 7641. maybe even a new sedan like pizza delivery car.

Or even better! A mini-subtheme based around the City Pizza chain from 2020???? 

I'll post ideas on the Ideas for City Sets page. 

2019 Winter city sets were officially revealed at the end of November 2018, while also being "leaked" by being on shelves a week before that.

Just now, TeriXeri said:

2019 Winter city sets were officially revealed at the end of November 2018, while also being "leaked" by being on shelves a week before that.

So at the end of November 2019, we should get more details on the Winter 2020 sets. Police is guaranteed for next year as its on a three year rotation. Some of the great vehicles have been revealed. I'm assuming the race cars, service station and tuning shop are part of an automotive subtheme. 

Thanks for the info, guys!

11 hours ago, pooda said:

service station and tuning shop

That would be really nice! I also hope for the continuation of the City Space subtheme although I'm not sure what else could be added to it.

18 minutes ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Does anyone know what the next modular is going to be?

I think that's something to discuss on the modulars page.