Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

26 minutes ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri Well...you said back in s message you sent me that you hoped the police station would be as simple as the fire station. Would 770 pieces give you hope? 

Since the helicopter + helicopter transporter are seperate sets, I have hope that most parts likely go into the building.

Ps, I purely go by the names and piece count from the video, the rest is pure guessing what it contains, based on piece count and previous years.

Dog Unit - 67 pieces (either 4+ or €10 set)

Police Highway Arrest - 185 pieces (usually is a red sportscar + police car ?)

Police Helicopter chase - 212 pieces (small helicopter? + criminal quad/motorbike or something)

Police Helicopter Transport - 317 pieces (possibly a deep-loader truck, maybe some small command post?, or a second helicopter)

Police Monster Truck Heist - 362 pieces (police armored car + monster truck?, or a small bank building with  money to steal, as in attach chain to wall, to pull out wall/safe/ATM with monster truck?), certainly stealing involved as the word Heist is used.

Police Station - 743 pieces. (hopefully focused on the building, office/prison/garage, with some truck, maybe a drone instead of a helicopter?, maybe a small pier/jetski like the 2019 Fire station, or prison being a seperate part to act like a small "Island")

Sounds like enough vehicles to have less in the actual Station set.

Fire : 

Forest Fire set 84 pieces (either 4+ or €10 set ?), hopefully includes a small animal like a skunk/owl/eagle or the new deer mold.

Fire Helicopter Rescue (93 pieces , €10 set?, hopefully it's something like saving a Cat from a tree, as it has "rescue" in the name.

Speculation Also some of those sets could contain "named" characters as we saw in 2019. (Police Chief was shown in episode 1)

As for missing sets. Police and Fire Boats , but that can always come in Summer still.

Edited by TeriXeri

A new Police Station? Good. That's exactly what I need. 

I know you'll all read that as sarcasm, but I'm actually being serious; I've had an open space in my city for a police station for years. This year we only got the crappy aircraft control tower for a 'station', last year the build was 60% terrain and vehicles and there was barely any actual station, and in 2017 the station was built using 45-degree angles and A-plates that meant it wouldn't fit on a standard baseplate without serious modification, and I just wasn't equipped for that back then. 

Here's hoping that the upcoming one is as gorgeous as the Forest Police Station from a while back. (Which I personally consider the best City Police Station in recent memory.)

7 minutes ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri If the prison is on a small island, it'll give me nostalgia. I remember the Metro PD. That thing was nice. 

LEGO recently had that set on display at Brickworld.

https://brickset.com/article/44278

The 2019 Fire station also gave me a bit of that set's feeling with the dockside which you can expand with the other small fireboat set.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, TeriXeri said:

LEGO recently had that set on display at Brickworld.

https://brickset.com/article/44278

The 2019 Fire station also gave me a bit of that set's feeling with the dockside which you can expand with the other small fireboat set.

That's the one that was on Lego Island and I personally owned that set. I graduated from Duplo when I turned 5. The Metro PD was my first building. That's why it brings me nostalgia. 

Somehow, I feel like the City division of LEGO may have seen some of my tweets. I did a rant about how the base sets for city should have more emphasis on the building and less on the vehicles. You can of course have vehicles in the subthemes because vehicles sell. But make it so the base set has more emphasis on the building. That's what I liked about this year's fire department. 

Edited by pooda

I'm looking forward to the ice cream truck!

And maybe the police station, if it's closer in design to the Lego City Hospital (i.e. pretty easily "modularised" expanded and enclosed).

9 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I'm looking forward to the ice cream truck!

And maybe the police station, if it's closer in design to the Lego City Hospital (i.e. pretty easily "modularised" expanded and enclosed).

I hope its a similar cross look between 60174 Mountain Police Headquarters and 60215 Fire Station. Definitely not the 60204 Hospital. 

The ice cream truck is great idea 

My wishlist 

A farm theme to return next year because last was 2009

A garage like the one in 2009 is over due

A train station needs to come 

A harbor is long overdue last one is 2011

A TV station would be cool

Maybe a tram as a separate set well be nice 

I'm stretching this idea but please bring back the monorail haven't been produce since 1994.

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

A new Police Station? Good. That's exactly what I need. 

I know you'll all read that as sarcasm, but I'm actually being serious; I've had an open space in my city for a police station for years. This year we only got the crappy aircraft control tower for a 'station', last year the build was 60% terrain and vehicles and there was barely any actual station, and in 2017 the station was built using 45-degree angles and A-plates that meant it wouldn't fit on a standard baseplate without serious modification, and I just wasn't equipped for that back then. 

Here's hoping that the upcoming one is as gorgeous as the Forest Police Station from a while back. (Which I personally consider the best City Police Station in recent memory.)

Yeah I don't own a police station either. Almost grabbed prison island and was kinda tempted by the forest and mountain police stations. Since I'm not expecting to ever see a modular police station i'll probably just pick up a city police station one day.

@9v brick master All of the winter 2020 sets haven't been revealed yet. So there's still hope. 

I definitely want that TV 6+ News Station as well as other buildings that will answer my questions about Lego City. Such as....where do those TV 6+ reporters report to after their work is finished? Is there anywhere to live? Are the 3in1 houses and modulars by the Creator division canon to City? Is there a fixed transit company? Where do the tow trucks take the cars to get fixed? 

Stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, 9v brick master said:

A garage like the one in 2009 is over due

The almost 900 part Tuning Workshop might be that.

Overall, 3 sets tie together : 

Racing Cars, Service Station and Tuning Workshop might be tied together a bit.

I know Friends had a racing subtheme in 2018 but 2020 might be City's turn.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The almost 900 part Tuning Workshop might be that.

I know Friends had a racing subtheme in 2018 but 2020 might be City's turn.

Over 300 pieces for the service station? That's about the same as the one from 2016. Sounds like a full blown petrol station. I think we may be seeing an Octan subtheme. Tuning workshop being the garage and stepping into the race car realm of the Octan Cup with the race cars. It's the perfect subtheme. Being an automotive student, I'm actually excited for those. 

For classic police, I'm also expecting a prisoner transport and a mobile command center. 

Edited by pooda

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

60255-60258 are all the part of the "In/Out" subtheme.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

60255-60258 are all the part of the "In/Out" subtheme.

What the heck? You're bluffing right?

Edited by pooda

3 minutes ago, pooda said:

What the heck? You're bluffing right?

No. Those four were codenamed "In/Out 1 1HY" originally.

@TeriXeri If all of those are Octan badged though....I'm making plans for the ultimate Octan Auto Complex. 

Service Station looks to be either a 4+ set or smaller than the 7993. 

Edited by pooda

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

Honestly I have to admit that the list so far doesn't knock my socks off: :sceptic:

I'm not that a big fan of racing, the fire sets seem to be only a very small set plus likely a Juniors set, there won't be a huge police action set (like it was the case with the 2019 Downtown Fire Brigade) and the til known Great Vehicles are mostly only rehashes. There are only two sets I'm at the moment really interested in: the bulldozer and the ice-cream van (altough I would have prefered a grilled chicken van, a mobile grocery van or whatever but nothing to do with ice-cream since we got the ice-cream car in 2018 and the ice-cream bicycle in 2019 and so something other would have been more interesting).

Btw: The til now unnamed sets (apart from the two Great Vehicles) are for sure already the summer wave. Since there already will be Police, Great Vehicles and Racing, otherwise the winter wave would be about double times as big as til now.

@Klaus-Dieter I want to see a grocery store! Not a mobile grocery store or one of those mini buildings you see in the mega sets. 

I mean a full blown, standalone, stationary supermarket by City. 

Edited by pooda

22 hours ago, pooda said:

I mean a full blown, standalone, stationary supermarket by City. 

Don't we all! It would be nice to see Lego City branch out in terms of the commercial / government buildings.

Edited by Agent 86

1 minute ago, Agent 86 said:

Don't we all! It would be nice to see Lego City branch out in terms of the commercial / government buildings.

They should also make the office that Mayor Freck works from in LEGO City Adventures

Current Lego City magazine shows set 4645-1: Harbour (2011).

Also a black/red Armored Van with orange lights on top, a T-rex Skull , and other Dinosaur bones in crates. 

Kinda makes me wonder about the whole "monster" truck heist set name, as the T-Rex skull is loaded into the armored van via the top(hatch), since the color scheme black/red is often used by criminal vehicles in City Police sets.

Also shows a cinema, and part of a movie being filmed, and street sweepers on a construction site.

Could mean nothing but still observations.

Update:  Street Sweeper in the 1 picture is 60152 (2017), so not the 2020 one, still cannot find the Armored Van however (2018 had 2 Bank/Gold transport vans but different design/colors)

Edited by TeriXeri

The six stud wide police cars were inevitable once the six stud wide Speed Champions sports cars started to show up and make trouble in Lego City, but I agree that the four stud wide police cars had better proportions.  They fit in the hand better, too.  I'm with you on this one - I hope next year's police line has a four stud wide police car in a relatively small set.