Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94ZAGaPzIk&list=PLspcQ7QIl2v6pIpXQ5PZPOfKUw_yjTyUu&index=20&t=0s

Ok! So here is my proposal for 2020 City. I really love City Beautiful's review on City sets. So I'm gonna go off of that hilarious theory. My proposal is that we put the City back to work again. More jobs! More housing! Less crime! 

Edited by pooda

2020 City Subtheme Idea 1: Forest Exploration ?

Forest Exploration Base 

Mobile Artifacts Lab

Hidden Treasure

Ancient Castle 

Forest Exploration People Pack

2020 City Subtheme Idea 2: Metro Transit ?

City Bus 

Commuter Train 

Cable Car 

Transit Center 

Edited by pooda

We’re owed a cargo harbour so much.  I find it strange that TLG use 10x6x6 containers in 60169 Cargo Terminal and 60198 Cargo Train, and yet there is no harbour.  The 10x6x6 containers were last seen before that in 2007’s LEGO City Harbour 7994 and Container Stacker 7992.  There’s only been one harbour since then, in 2011.

I also cannot think of a single harbour for people rather than cargo in the entire CITY subtheme, so 16 years or so.  Basically, we’re owed a load of harbour stuff in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

We’re owed a cargo harbour so much.  I find it strange that TLG use 10x6x6 containers in 60169 Cargo Terminal and 60198 Cargo Train, and yet there is no harbour.  The 10x6x6 containers were last seen before that in 2007’s LEGO City Harbour 7994 and Container Stacker 7992.  There’s only been one harbour since then, in 2011.

I also cannot think of a single harbour for people rather than cargo in the entire CITY subtheme, so 16 years or so.  Basically, we’re owed a load of harbour stuff in my opinion.

I do have to admit that the cargo subtheme is in need of a re-release and a ship. Never say never though. One should be coming soon. Cargo sets do just as well as police and fire sets. 

Edited by pooda

On 6/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, Lyichir said:

I wonder if 2020 will continue to have sets based on the new "Lego City Adventures" TV series? A classic police year could certainly include some of the new police characters.

Dude! I want the garage theme to return. As an automotive student (I finished my business degree btw), I take high offense that it was basically a one-off subtheme that left the shelves by 2010 and didn't come back. The only signs of roadside assistance sets were the various tow trucks that we got throughout the following years. No! I want the garage subtheme to return. 

On 6/29/2019 at 11:31 PM, pooda said:

2020 City Subtheme Idea 2: Metro Transit ?

I like the idea of a public transport subtheme. The current focus on cars in Lego's product line is outdated. The spirit of the time requires trains, busses, bicycles and other modes of environmental-friendly transport.

4 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

I like the idea of a public transport subtheme. The current focus on cars in Lego's product line is outdated. The spirit of the time requires trains, busses, bicycles and other modes of environmental-friendly transport.

Trains sets been part of Trains/Town/City for decades, and bicycles currently are widely available via Xtra polybags.

Busses and trams are made every few years (2 trams in 2010/2015, and a smaller one in a 2019 Creator set), busses been seen in 2009,2010, 2013,2017,2018 in City.

Electric Cars also been making it into sets in recent years. (2018 City and 2017 Creator set)

2010-2019 so far has had a lot more different (public) transport sets compared to like 1978-2010. (1979 had 1 bus station set, and 1990 had a monorail)

1980-1985 had 5 passenger trains in a 5 year period however, but still ever since 1991 we still get a new one every 4-5 years. (and then there have been some extras via Creator Expert/Harry Potter inbetween)

LEGO is certainly moving forward in the last decade.  

Not that I always agree how LEGO distributes their vehicles however, most of those busses and trams have been in those huge sets only.

A set something like this could work for a new release (this set is from 2010, and the last City tram was 2015) maybe take out the car and sweeper.

Bus could even be marketed as Electric bus (which do drive in a nearby street here)

https://brickset.com/sets/8404-1/Public-Transport-Station

8404-1.jpg?201005111119

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Trains sets been part of Trains/Town/City for decades, and bicycles currently are widely available via Xtra polybags.

Busses and trams are made every few years (2 trams in 2010/2015, and a smaller one in a 2019 Creator set), busses been seen in 2009,2010, 2013,2017,2018 in City.

Electric Cars also been making it into sets in recent years. (2018 City and 2017 Creator set)

2010-2019 so far has had a lot more different (public) transport sets compared to like 1978-2010. (1979 had 1 bus station set, and 1990 had a monorail)

1980-1985 had 5 passenger trains in a 5 year period however, but still ever since 1991 we still get a new one every 4-5 years. (and then there have been some extras via Creator Expert/Harry Potter inbetween)

LEGO is certainly moving forward in the last decade.  

Not that I always agree how LEGO distributes their vehicles however, most of those busses and trams have been in those huge sets only.

A set something like this could work for a new release (this set is from 2010, and the last City tram was 2015) maybe take out the car and sweeper.

Bus could even be marketed as Electric bus (which do drive in a nearby street here)

https://brickset.com/sets/8404-1/Public-Transport-Station

8404-1.jpg?201005111119

Yes and they have done very well with those sets! That's why we think they should make a subtheme centered around the transit system.

6 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Another one I would like to see is a Roadside Assistance subtheme. The Auto Service 24/7 company in LEGO City has so much potential. I think a subtheme centered around the towing company would be great too. Being an automotive student, I'm very upset that a subtheme hasn't been given to this side of City since 2009 and the only signs of it were the very few tow trucks that we have seen throughout the years. 

ced5127ccc2c4d27fa77cd0c4bc64427.jpg

Hello,

Maybe this is not the good thread for it, so sorry about that, but I looked online in the new catalogue for the second half of 2019 and I saw that three new city sets had named characters.

60231 Firecar : Freya McCloud, Firewoman

60232 Garage: Harl Hubbs, Garageguy

60233 City Life/ donutshop : Duke DeTain, Policeguy

Does anybody know why they did that?

1 minute ago, Wout said:

Hello,

Maybe this is not the good thread for it, so sorry about that, but I looked online in the new catalogue for the second half of 2019 and I saw that three new city sets had named characters.

60231 Firecar : Freya McCloud, Firewoman

60232 Garage: Harl Hubbs, Garageguy

60233 City Life/ donutshop : Duke DeTain, Policeguy

Does anybody know why they did that?

They're characters from the new "Lego City Adventures" TV series.

17 hours ago, pooda said:

City Subtheme Idea 3: News ?

60320 TV 6+ News Station (includes news building, news van and news drone)

60321 TV 6+ Aerial Unit (includes news chopper, pilot and reporter minifigure) 

60322 TV 6+ Mobile Weather Unit (includes weather truck and some reporters)

Interesting, so any proof ?

I thought this thread  was about rumours and speculations for city  sets 2020 ?  

Could you please create your own thread about ideas for city 2020 . 

Thank you 

17 hours ago, pooda said:

City Subtheme Idea 3: News ?

60320 TV 6+ News Station (includes news building, news van and news drone)

60321 TV 6+ Aerial Unit (includes news chopper, pilot and reporter minifigure) 

60322 TV 6+ Mobile Weather Unit (includes weather truck and some reporters)

Predictions for Great Vehicles 2020: (Prices are in Canadian Dollars)

60241: Forest Ranger Truck ($13)

60242: Supercar ($13)

60243: Cessna Small Aircraft ($25)

60244: Speedboat Transporter ($25)

60245: Dry Van ($25)

60246: Refrigerator Truck ($40)

60247: Heavy Tow Truck ($40)

60248: Yacht ($40)

4 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

Wishes do not need fake set numbers. You could avoid the confusion by omitting them.

If you reprimand me, reprimand CFOL too! He gave fake numbers and fake prices! 

Edited by pooda

Just now, pooda said:

If you reprimand me, reprimand CFOL too! 

I'm not sure if CFOL's list are just wishes or leaks.

Just now, legotownlinz said:

I'm not sure if CFOL's list are just wishes or leaks.

I can say these are not leaks, it's just my wishlist

1 hour ago, CFOL said:

I can say these are not leaks, it's just my wishlist

I know! I'm just making a point. I did the same thing you did, but yet I'm the one getting reprimanded. 

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Sounds great so far, Police was surely expected as followup to 2017 City-Police, still multiple smaller sets beside the ~743 piece Station, so hoping it's similar to the style of the 2019 Fire Station. (helicopter+helicopter transporter are seperate sets)

Ice Cream Truck seems like the followup to the 2017 Pizza Van . (one of my favorite vehicle sets in modern City) 

Construction Bulldozer possibly the followup to 2019 Construction Loader. (one of the best €10 City sets of 2019)

Service station only around 350 pieces, hopefully not a 4+ , and also not grossly overpriced like the 2016 one.

Tuning Workshop is the big set with almost 900 pieces, possibly something like the 2009 7642 Garage (almost same piece count and 10-year gap.

Edited by TeriXeri