Sign in to follow this  
Silver.Smith

[MOC] HGTV Dream Home 2019

Howdy all!

For this year's Brickworld 2019, I decided to build the HGTV 2019 Dream Home from Whitefish, Montana. First time really building anything town related as I am mostly a castle builder. Anywho, enjoy!

48051486493_c6901807e2_o.jpg

48050338477_23c7dce43d_b.jpg

Very nice! You've captured the essence of the house very well. The window frames seem a little bit thick, affecting my impression of the house's proportions, but it's generally excellent. That's a lot of sand green cheese slopes you've got there.

Wow, that's great!  Any interior details to be seen?  You've captured it very well!  I agree with jimmynick that the framing around the windows would ideally be more like a plate wide than a brick, but I think it still looks great.

One bit of constructive criticism:  For the mulched planter area around the house, I think you should have the brown plates inset 1 plate below the green, not on top of it.  That would better mimic the cut away sod, whereas right now it almost looks like mud running out from under the house.

Definitely a departure from your castle stuff, but it's a lovely build!  :classic:

This was a striking building all round and easily one of my favourite builds at Brickworld this year.  Congratulations, too, on the nomination for Best Large Building!

Great work! Looks like you can do castles and houses.