Clawp

RC Buggy Motor

I got mine as well(7pcs) looks good in buwizz, and I followed video instructions of Dessert Eagle on how to remove the "load monitor"...?🤔🙂 

👍👍

Cool !! I love those china's buggy motors!!!  I got myself 4 of them for only $60 USD .. and the performance is good enough where you can use your Lego battery box!!!  Check out how fast my mini truck with live axle suspension and the China's Monster motor!!

Edited by sirslayer

6 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Cool !! I love those china's buggy motors!!!  I got myself 4 of them for only $60 USD .. and the performance is good enough where you can use your Lego battery box!!!  Check out how fast my mini truck with live axle suspension and the China's Monster motor!!

That's cool ! Is this with regular PF battery box and V1 IR receiver ?

I used to think that the buggy motor (or the clone monster motor) would need a driver with higher current capacity.

It will be great if the monster motor works like this with regular Lego PF.

@iLego The receiver is from China and its a clone of the IR ver1 by Lego and the clone ($10 USD with joystick) sports a wifi 2.4ghz with long range and the power is almost the equivalent to ver2 IR from Lego or maybe even better is the AA battery box is from Lego with a mix of rechargeable (on your own risk)  Nizn 1.8 volts AA batteries that punch fast and 1.5 volts Lithium AA batteries for endurance.  The 1.8 volts x 6 = 10.8volts is close to buwizz 11.1 volts so you'll get awesome performance...      

14 hours ago, sirslayer said:

@iLego The receiver is from China and its a clone of the IR ver1 by Lego and the clone ($10 USD with joystick) sports a wifi 2.4ghz with long range and the power is almost the equivalent to ver2 IR from Lego or maybe even better is the AA battery box is from Lego with a mix of rechargeable (on your own risk)  Nizn 1.8 volts AA batteries that punch fast and 1.5 volts Lithium AA batteries for endurance.  The 1.8 volts x 6 = 10.8volts is close to buwizz 11.1 volts so you'll get awesome performance...      

Thanks for the info. I am tempted to try this out.

19 hours ago, sirslayer said:

How did you get the receivers to work? I have 2 of the 2.4 ghz & they dont seem to work with the Lego controller. But I haven't tried very hard though 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:25 AM, iLego said:

It will be great if the monster motor works like this with regular Lego PF.

I tested it with lego original batery box + ir receiver v1 and with buwizz.

with buwizz on ludacrious the protection will kick in sometimes

@Tazmancrash When you buy the receiver , you have to buy the joystick that comes with it. The issue is there are a few China businesses that use their own 2.4ghz protocol and its not compatable to Lego's  or even Lepin own 2.4ghz protocol. So its best when you purchase a receiver and purchase the joystick at the same time or you will run into problems.. The Lego battery AA case always worked on any China's motors and even Cada (china) latest offerings are for Cada receivers and controllers only for one example so just stay away from them!! ..  I haven't tested a Lego IR ver1 receiver with the monster motor but the monster motor do run very good if you just hooked up to the Lego battery case only.. I would recommend a good AA batteries like I have mentioned before to get Buwizz like performance at half the cost !!! 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, sirslayer said:

@Tazmancrash When you buy the receiver , you have to buy the joystick that comes with it. The issue is there are a few China businesses that use their own 2.4ghz protocol and its not compatable to Lego's  or even Lepin own 2.4ghz protocol. So its best when you purchase a receiver and purchase the joystick at the same time or you will run into problems.. The Lego battery AA case always worked on any China's motors and even Cada (china) latest offerings are for Cada receivers and controllers only for one example so just stay away from them!! ..  I haven't tested a Lego IR ver1 receiver with the monster motor but the monster motor do run very good if you just hooked up to the Lego battery case only.. I would recommend a good AA batteries like I have mentioned before to get Buwizz like performance at half the cost !!! 

Thanks for that. I'll get 2 in.