I got mine as well(7pcs) looks good in buwizz, and I followed video instructions of Dessert Eagle on how to remove the "load monitor"...??? 

??

Cool !! I love those china's buggy motors!!!  I got myself 4 of them for only $60 USD .. and the performance is good enough where you can use your Lego battery box!!!  Check out how fast my mini truck with live axle suspension and the China's Monster motor!!

Edited by sirslayer

6 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Cool !! I love those china's buggy motors!!!  I got myself 4 of them for only $60 USD .. and the performance is good enough where you can use your Lego battery box!!!  Check out how fast my mini truck with live axle suspension and the China's Monster motor!!

That's cool ! Is this with regular PF battery box and V1 IR receiver ?

I used to think that the buggy motor (or the clone monster motor) would need a driver with higher current capacity.

It will be great if the monster motor works like this with regular Lego PF.

@iLego The receiver is from China and its a clone of the IR ver1 by Lego and the clone ($10 USD with joystick) sports a wifi 2.4ghz with long range and the power is almost the equivalent to ver2 IR from Lego or maybe even better is the AA battery box is from Lego with a mix of rechargeable (on your own risk)  Nizn 1.8 volts AA batteries that punch fast and 1.5 volts Lithium AA batteries for endurance.  The 1.8 volts x 6 = 10.8volts is close to buwizz 11.1 volts so you'll get awesome performance...      

14 hours ago, sirslayer said:

@iLego The receiver is from China and its a clone of the IR ver1 by Lego and the clone ($10 USD with joystick) sports a wifi 2.4ghz with long range and the power is almost the equivalent to ver2 IR from Lego or maybe even better is the AA battery box is from Lego with a mix of rechargeable (on your own risk)  Nizn 1.8 volts AA batteries that punch fast and 1.5 volts Lithium AA batteries for endurance.  The 1.8 volts x 6 = 10.8volts is close to buwizz 11.1 volts so you'll get awesome performance...      

Thanks for the info. I am tempted to try this out.

19 hours ago, sirslayer said:

How did you get the receivers to work? I have 2 of the 2.4 ghz & they dont seem to work with the Lego controller. But I haven't tried very hard though 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:25 AM, iLego said:

It will be great if the monster motor works like this with regular Lego PF.

I tested it with lego original batery box + ir receiver v1 and with buwizz.

with buwizz on ludacrious the protection will kick in sometimes

@Tazmancrash When you buy the receiver , you have to buy the joystick that comes with it. The issue is there are a few China businesses that use their own 2.4ghz protocol and its not compatable to Lego's  or even Lepin own 2.4ghz protocol. So its best when you purchase a receiver and purchase the joystick at the same time or you will run into problems.. The Lego battery AA case always worked on any China's motors and even Cada (china) latest offerings are for Cada receivers and controllers only for one example so just stay away from them!! ..  I haven't tested a Lego IR ver1 receiver with the monster motor but the monster motor do run very good if you just hooked up to the Lego battery case only.. I would recommend a good AA batteries like I have mentioned before to get Buwizz like performance at half the cost !!! 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, sirslayer said:

@Tazmancrash When you buy the receiver , you have to buy the joystick that comes with it. The issue is there are a few China businesses that use their own 2.4ghz protocol and its not compatable to Lego's  or even Lepin own 2.4ghz protocol. So its best when you purchase a receiver and purchase the joystick at the same time or you will run into problems.. The Lego battery AA case always worked on any China's motors and even Cada (china) latest offerings are for Cada receivers and controllers only for one example so just stay away from them!! ..  I haven't tested a Lego IR ver1 receiver with the monster motor but the monster motor do run very good if you just hooked up to the Lego battery case only.. I would recommend a good AA batteries like I have mentioned before to get Buwizz like performance at half the cost !!! 

Thanks for that. I'll get 2 in.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, Clawp said:

I managed to build -> RM8´s BAJA Trophy Truck with a single buwizz...(atm)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I was a bit impatient to test the motors and it flew off my bed :D... (on normal mode)

My buwizz keeps disconecting instantly if i try to go from forward to backwards w/o waiting for the car to stop... The buggy motors seems to be power hungry as the originals...

I will try to add a video when i get the time.

Did you use Chinese motors in this car? 

The problem with these motors is that the wiring is fixed, not like the original from Lego, with the connector (motor polarity changed if you change the orientation of the motor) . If you want to use them side by side in the rear wheels of a car you are in troubles with the simetry, because one motor will rotate in opposite direction than the other.

It is imposible to mount them in a common rail setup with side by side simetry. 

I have in mind only one option, rewire and soldering some motors for common rail setup.

Am I wrong? 

Thank you 

You can change the direction in the buwizz app for each output. You donnot need to change the orientation of the connector.

48 minutes ago, Jantayg said:

You can change the direction in the buwizz app for each output. You donnot need to change the orientation of the connector.

I don't have a buwizz power unit, I am planning to use it first with EV3.

Thank you for the info, I have to check carrefully for the buwizz hw, maybe I have to consider it as an option. 

Thank you! 

Edited by aelorenzo

1 hour ago, aelorenzo said:

Did you use Chinese motors in this car? 

The problem with these motors is that the wiring is fixed, not like the original from Lego, with the connector (motor polarity changed if you change the orientation of the motor) . If you want to use them side by side in the rear wheels of a car you are in troubles with the simetry, because one motor will rotate in opposite direction than the other.

It is imposible to mount them in a common rail setup with side by side simetry. 

I have in mind only one option, rewire and soldering some motors for common rail setup.

Am I wrong? 

Thank you 

My friend uses 2 Chinese Buggy Motors, and in such a situation, both motors rotate in the right direction for him.

Just Chinese quality.:laugh_hard:

21 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

My friend uses 2 Chinese Buggy Motors, and in such a situation, both motors rotate in the right direction for him.

Just Chinese quality.:laugh_hard:

They have good quality, but they are different regarding wiring, just one thing to take into account. 

Did your friend use a buwizz or similar device to change rotation in one motor? 

Because it's the only way without modifying the hardware. 

Thank you 

Edited by aelorenzo

Each motor was on its own buwizz port and the polarity was set from the in-app. Stacking them and going on ludicrous full speed with kick the protection of the buwizz ^_^ too much power drain at once.

On 3/15/2021 at 9:37 AM, aelorenzo said:

They have good quality, but they are different regarding wiring, just one thing to take into account. 

Did your friend use a buwizz or similar device to change rotation in one motor? 

Because it's the only way without modifying the hardware. 

Thank you 

He use Chinese Powered Module, he use the motors as they are

13 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

He use Chinese Powered Module, he use the motors as they are

I was using Buwizz 2.0