Hello guys.

Today i got the package from the postal office:

Spoiler

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

And the motors feel quite nice.. I installed "Giri -The RPM Checker" on my phone and did a small test on the motors (all 4).

On my lego battery box that outputs 8.8 volts with the 6 x new duracell batteries i (8.54 volts, with one motor running without stalling)

The application managed to show me a constant rpm on each motor:

1211.2 / 1130.5 rpm outer
1534.2 / 1615 rpm inner

The test was inserting an 8L axle with some tape on the end and running it agains the phone microphone, the higher value was achieved without actualy hitting the phone with the tape, and the lower one was while the tape was hitting the case of the phone.

800x600.jpg

Here is the link to the store i bought the buggy motors: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bMCP2U1E

After few checks i saw that the motors appears on more stores now... at different prices...

I ordered from this store before and i know that the seller is serious (you could see the actually packaging there... without the box)

This week i will look for a Dynamometer Spring to try to measure the torque :D.

I tried to keep my post "slim", but if you want more photos/videos with specific actions, please ask and i will try to provide as i can.

No problem if you share more vids and images. 

The rpm is close togehter with the original. 

Thanks for doing this and I am looking forward.

I'm still far from getting mine. At least I can say that my seller is not very reliable. I got a tracking number the last day before order being automatically cancelled and I'm not even sure there's something on my way.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, fosamax said:

I'm still far from getting mine. At least I can say that my seller is not very reliable. I got a tracking number the last day before order being automatically cancelled and I'm not even sure there's something on my way.

Time will tell.

https://www.17track.net/en

https://global.cainiao.com/

mostly all of my tracking is done here

Yeah. I'm just stuck at "Inbound in sorting center"  for now more than one week.

Order has been made on 22 of june so it's definitelively not blazzingly fast shipping. That being said, most of my stuff ordered from aliexpress have been delivered one day...

1 hour ago, fosamax said:

Yeah. I'm just stuck at "Inbound in sorting center"  for now more than one week.

Order has been made on 22 of june so it's definitelively not blazzingly fast shipping. That being said, most of my stuff ordered from aliexpress have been delivered one day...

Mine was 22 days => 3 days with china courier, 11 days from china to Sweden, 8 days within my country... without working weekends

I tried some videos method of measuring torque:

800x600.jpg

https://bricksafe.com/files/clawp1995/buggy-motor/ezgif-2-decb744a67ce.mp4

I used a 12L axle, now i don't know if the "arms length" is from the center or not... from the center till the end of the axle there are 9.8cm and the motors pushes 190-210 grams.

According to Sariel's data in "The Unofficial Lego Technic Builders Guide" page 170, RPMs for the RC "buggy" motor are as follows: 

No load at 7 Volt power supply is inner /906 RPMs  and outer is 670 RPMs.

No load at 9 volt power supply is inner 1245 RPMs and outer 920 RPMs.

Philo's " Lego Motors Chart" shows 832 RPMs for the inner and 615 RPMs for the outer. 

Maybe it really doesn't matter how fast these Chinese motors go.  They can be geared up or down for any application.

What's nice is that they are available for less than what a used Lego one costs and they are Power Functions compatible. Maybe we'll be able to use these when TLG comes out with a conversion cable for PU.

This is so cool! I knew where future money is going to go (at some point).

On 6/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, 1963maniac said:

I also found a version with a "four wire" lead and connector on the motor instead of  a "two wire" lead. I hope that makes sence.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190622043026&SearchText=Lego+compatible+buggy+motor+88003.&switch_new_app=y

Looking at that link I seen this cool tool:

HTB18.QKXf5G3KVjSZPxq6zI3XXaC.jpg

cause some of my blue 3L pins can be tight.

OK. I just got mines (2 of them)  today.

So all I can say (before testing) is that seller is definitely not fast for shipping but given the pretty good price, I can't tell anyone to avoid the seller as long as you pay with paypal.

In fact it took way more time for shipping than delivering (order on june 22, posted on july 17, delivered on july 30).

The packaging is the exact same as Clawp so I guess those all came from the same factory.

I just tried to power up the motors without any load and they seems to work OK. Build quality is also quite good for an aftermarket product with a nice mate finish.

For 28.21 € including paypal fees, I'm quite happy so far.

For the  adventurers that don't care waiting, here's the link to the store : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33038818183.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.52e63f487OZx9F

9 hours ago, weavil said:

Looking at that link I seen this cool tool:

*snip*

Darn that'd useful. Needle-nose pliers often damage pins and axles :sceptic:

I have ordered a lot of Stuff, and Bricks, on Aliexpress, and I can say 4 weeks ist standard, and tracking will sometimes get stuck and your package is still in china when tracking while it was actually delivered to you already. But everything I ordered arrived. Never tried LEGO Motor fakes and other electronics tho... Very intresting :sweet:

Tracked packages usually get in my hands in 2-3 weeks, and mostly is beyond 1week time inside my country ... travelling with the local postal office.

I managed to build -> RM8´s BAJA Trophy Truck with a single buwizz...(atm)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I was a bit impatient to test the motors and it flew off my bed :D... (on normal mode)

My buwizz keeps disconecting instantly if i try to go from forward to backwards w/o waiting for the car to stop... The buggy motors seems to be power hungry as the originals...

I will try to add a video when i get the time.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, Clawp said:

I managed to build -> RM8´s BAJA Trophy Truck with a single buwizz...(atm)

Wow, those tyres and rims look fantastic, though I'd prefer those balloon or Unimog tyres on @rm8's great truck. But they have an appeal. Are these from CaDA?

I'd really like to see it perform on video!

So i made a review/comparison video for this motor.

It is a rather long and slow video, but it has timestamps in the description.

I hope it helps you to decide whether this is the motor for you or not. It did surprise me in some cases.

Thanks for the detailed comparison, never regretted buying a second buggy motor :sweet: 

6 hours ago, Marxpek said:

So i made a review/comparison video for this motor.

It is a rather long and slow video, but it has timestamps in the description.

I hope it helps you to decide whether this is the motor for you or not. It did surprise me in some cases.

Thanks for the work involved here and the video. Now the choice really is obvious. I'm glad I spent the money for 2 LEGO 5292s. I bought one from LUG (when available) and one from Bricklink (recently).

I tried to film a bit... but got quite dark till i could got some spare time... so the quality of the video is not that good

https://bricksafe.com/files/clawp1995/buggy-motor/final_5d5b02050445e600135ecd54_147216.mp4

On ludacrious mode the buggy motors always triggered the buwizz protection (the speed used in video is Normal)

Also the steering was quite awful for me on a xbox joystick xD i do have to practice more...

7 minutes ago, Clawp said:

I tried to film a bit... but got quite dark till i could got some spare time... so the quality of the video is not that good

https://bricksafe.com/files/clawp1995/buggy-motor/final_5d5b02050445e600135ecd54_147216.mp4

On ludacrious mode the buggy motors always triggered the buwizz protection (the speed used in video is Normal)

Also the steering was quite awful for me on a xbox joystick xD i do have to practice more...

Wow, looks like fun to drive around - and all that in normal mode already (so 7.2V, BTW is that a BuWizz 1.0 or 2.0 you're using?)! :sweet: The used tyres seem to help against titling over when cornering sharply, good to know.

Say, how heavy was your truck with everything installed? Looks like two of these replica motors are good enough to propel such a model very well.

18 hours ago, johnnym said:

BTW is that a BuWizz 1.0 or 2.0 you're using?

Buwizz 2.0,

I will weigh the vehicle when i get back home and edit this response.

At some point in the video one of the buwizz lost connection i was doing circles just with one buggy motor xD (the steering was on that buwizz too)

I have a "dashboard camera" video too ... but i don't think is that good, after a few crashes the camera got covered

Edit:

The vehicle + the phone that was filming as "dashcam" wight 973g

Edited by Clawp

Hey there all.

These moters are all over ebay now aswell. 

I'm looking at buying 1 but if only had a 50% success rate with cloned power functions on ebay.

Can any one recommend a store?

Thanks 

has anyone opend the back of the motor part of these to see what motor is used?

i have three lego ones with broken brushes and the internal motor is made by "S.M.C motor"