I always was fascinated by the MOCs including this beast and i only could find it as second hand on bricklink...

Have any of you seen any replica? Few days ago a saw a replica on AlliExpress that does not have the cable detachable.

1 hour ago, Clawp said:

only could find it as second hand on bricklink...

They were issued only for 2002-2006 sets (13 years ago), so it's impossible to find them as new parts.

As for the replica, it should be a challenge I believe, as they were presented in rare enough sets and before the mass copycat age.

As it's not a welcomed topic here, at EB, I would never recommend you looking for Mobile Crane 8421 analogs.

I managed to get a "working proof" for the motor from the store owner... if anyone is curious... i was impressed and placed an order.

13 hours ago, Clawp said:

if anyone is curious... 

I would really like to see the results. Could you send a link to a video (in PM) once you receive it?

Videos sent by the shop owner are here:

Working buggy motor

On Display

I will post my own videos after I received the motors and tested them with battery box and with buwizz.

Edited by Clawp
updated link

1 hour ago, Clawp said:

Videos sent by the shop owner are here:

Buggy motor

I will post my own videos after I received the motors and tested them with battery box and with buwizz.

Could you post this video so everyone can see it?

Here is the Alliexpress link:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Power-Functions-Series-the-monster-Motor-model-Building-Blocks-Compatible-legoingly-88003-Classic-Technic-Toys/33036433620.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6e0e2db4TGsYCH&algo_pvid=a1167420-ba28-4fff-a6e2-c76ef297508e&algo_expid=a1167420-ba28-4fff-a6e2-c76ef297508e-9&btsid=de9bdefc-aea0-477a-be2f-05a5888a4472&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_53

Edited by 1963maniac

Sorry for the broken link. The copy-paste is quite hard on my mobile

I have fixed the links... hopefully now people can access the bricksafe link.

4 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

The videos provided are not from this shop...

I don't know the policy of sharing alliexpress links.. but if an admin says its oke... i will post the link directly to the item in store

On 6/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, Mechbuilds said:

post results!

Yes, please do. Really curious to know if it can rival the real one.

Seeing that I'm mostly unable to source those original motors anymore (or at prices that are not acceptable for something that is not mint in an unopened box), I decided to try also and buy a clone buggy motor (actually 2). I paid roughly 28 euros for 2 with paypal. I will report how those perform as soon as I got those delivered.

14 minutes ago, fosamax said:

a clone

It's NOT a clone but an aftermarket product and you should feel free to buy it since you can no longer obtain one at TLG

Just like producers of parts for slightly older cars do when the OEM stopped production.
Nothing wrong there so why should you have bad feelings here?

2 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

I also found a version with a "four wire" lead and connector on the motor instead of  a "two wire" lead.

unfortunately i dont see any difference in that result list with the video posted by me... could you show picture difference maybe?

16 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

He means it has a PF connector, rather than the 9V connector of the original buggy motor.

Oh i complety forgot about the fact that the original buggy motor was with the old system...

All of the seller seem to have the PF connector

15 hours ago, Clawp said:

original buggy motor was with the old system

I think with the adapter cable is this no problem. I use them also in my small buggy.

Important is if this chinese motors turn at the same speed (rpm), and if they have the same torque on a fixed rpm. This should be interesting if you can find out that. Clawp if you get the motors.

2 hours ago, Robin_IV said:

if you can find out that

I will try:

to measure the rpm. I am not sure atm how to measure the torque.

(Hopefully the postal office in my country will start moving the packages... in average an alliexpress packages takes 3-5 days to reach Romania and 1-4 weeks for the package to move inside the country) 

I am eager to test the motors

Just now, Clawp said:

I am not sure atm how to measure the torque.

A simple and cheap way to measure the torque is a Dynamometer Spring when not correlated to the RPM. (What you are measuring here is the "stall torque" or "static torque")

514A4lyMJdL._SL1030_.jpgs-l1600.jpg

You can also take normal springs and calibrate your own Scale with defined weights. You get such springs as in pictures showed for a few euros. 

Correlated torque to the RPM is called "dynamic torque". Heres a way how to find it out starting from the static torque:

Or more professional DIY Torquemeter - How to measure torque: https://youtu.be/NIpspXaPVcs

For RPM is the video you submitted i think useful to get diskrete figures and I would looking forward for this. For direct comparison with LEGO motors though theres a more simple LEGO-way: (At 11:28)

And finally a guy already made the job to measure the datas for all LEGO- Motors:

If one needs base data of real counterparts, imo PhiloHome is the best and most reliable source so far. 

Since the title of the Topic is only 'RC Buggy Motor' i may abuse it for a question:

I am very curios, if someone ever tried a 4WD Offroad vehicle with 4 Buggy Motors with full independent suspension? Is this even near to possible because these machines are quite big... I have a Small Buggy at home with 2 Buggy Motors and their dedicated Big RC Module. I try to figure out if I could build a larger Buggy like the 'Greyhound' with 4 Buggy motors. Do you have more information on that or ever tried something like this?

Also this Moc from Zerobricks uses 4x buggy motors :D this is why i dared to order 4x buggy motors :)

Be prepared for that to consume a lot of battery power.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, Robin_IV said:

Since the title of the Topic is only 'RC Buggy Motor' i may abuse it for a question:

I am very curios, if someone ever tried a 4WD Offroad vehicle with 4 Buggy Motors with full independent suspension? Is this even near to possible because these machines are quite big... I have a Small Buggy at home with 2 Buggy Motors and their dedicated Big RC Module. I try to figure out if I could build a larger Buggy like the 'Greyhound' with 4 Buggy motors. Do you have more information on that or ever tried something like this?

motors-chart.jpg

Edited by 1963maniac