Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Aerial Enforcer

The Aerial Enforcer is a multipurpose assistance frigate that can carry a large range of missions, from military reinforcement to medical assistance.
It carries 4 standard Blacktron pods and one advanced pod. Those can be deployed to assist Blacktron forces in battle or recover equipments or spacecraft that have lost their pods.
The Aerial Enforcer can also transport some Universal Pod Enhancement (UPE). The UPE attach to a pods, giving him new abilities, like more firepower, speed, detection sensors, etc. The UPE loaded on the frigate depends on its mission.
It also carries a landing module that can be filled with the needed equipment. The module is unmaned and needs a pod to reach the surface. Once on the ground, the module will deploy a sentinel rover for protection until the Blacktron troops can reach it.

This is my second entry to Brick Pirate's challenge. I had a lot of fun building this Blacktron 2 ship. I wanted to keep lots of the BT2 features while using a modern building style. The pods were the obvious part, I had to include them as the major playing feature.

48065526546_15c75a6345_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065575258_a71047bd2b_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065526931_795ee1406e_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065630447_07ae917a5e_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065630687_e799b1b667_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065527401_a3e11d60f9_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065575043_108d77b451_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065527586_18490b9ee1_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065526331_5ab731023e_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065526231_a432813b38_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065576163_2bd6d7cd60_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065527101_c3db65b544_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065629662_11fc09cd48_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065574558_595442d5a4_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065525881_f6498265ca_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065575388_2a02180086_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065574368_773259d93b_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065574248_53bd1b520b_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065629122_731913ccb6_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

48065525366_29bcb2f1ca_c.jpgBlacktron Aerial Enforcer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

*oh2* Wooh!

You've done a really great job on the shape and capturing the old Blacktron II look.

The turbines are amazing.

The little fighters are really great. Nice idea to use the base of the handles for the shooters.

Did you use the Portal guns in one fighter?

Very impressive. The perfect synthesis of style, playability and total coolness! The Blacktron II Aerial Intruder was my favourite space ship as a kid, I get much the same vibes from this :wub:

Excellent work Bob! I already knew this was a visual treat from flickr, but I love all the different attachments you've packed in here for the pods!

BT2 is far from my favorite of the older Space themes, but you've done a really good job integrating vintage and modern parts here, and the way you combine the cockpit pods with different payload modules is just great.  Looks like it would be loads of fun to play with.

I gotta echo what icm said:  While I like the original Blacktron waaaaaaay more than Blacktron II, you definitely did an excellent job of making a large ship for the faction that not only holds to most of the original design elements of Blacktron II sets, such as the detachable cockpit modules, but also updated it so that it fits in with the more sleek, sophisticated design styles of modern space sets.

I also really like the stasis pod for the medevac sub-ship, and I might have to see if I can adapt that design to fit a minifigure inside it....

i love the UPE modules, looks very much like the way the cockpit and drive section on the Allied Avenger seperate. The big landing module especially is cool, as you end up with a serious landing/support craft able to carry several BT operatives and jetpacks.

I never had much BT2 back in the day, but looking back it is easily my favorite old school space theme, id love a BT3 revival.

Generally speaking I greatly prefer the Blacktron 1 color scheme over the Blacktron 2 color scheme.  To me the best thing about Blacktron 2 was the pods.  And boy are those pods awesome.  Most Blacktron 2 MOCs completely ignore the pods. :wacko:   This build by so heavily focusing on the best aspect of the whole theme is probably the best Blacktron 2 MOC I have seen so far.  This is exactly the kind of large Space build I wish LEGO was releasing as a set right now.  :thumbup:

Edited by Lord Insanity
Fixed Typo

Fantastic!:wub: Love all the features, making the smaller crafts having different abilities!

This is incredible! I love a MOC that recreates not just the aesthetic of a classic theme but also its functionality, and this is easily one of the top examples I've seen. The modular fighters of Blacktron II were one of the most notable features, so a ship like this that takes that up to 11 is a true work of art!

Wow! This is fantastic. I love all the little detachable fighters & the variety of items you can attach to them. It’s a shame it’s not M-Tron though. :tongue:

I just love this M.O.C's numerous parts that can be taken apart. In addition to the mini fighters, you also added a medic ship and a little drone/wheeler thing that I can assume is used by the minifigures or automated.

Thank you for making it look true to the era, and not super modern. I personally think these mocs look best when they don't have too many obvious modern influences. Very nice.

I don't really usually like spaceships with weaponry but I have to say this is really well done. I really like the detachable little pods/ships.

Edited by Park7573

Tremendous work Bob.  I could just tell from the first photo this would do the old school Lego style break apart.  Love all the parts that can be added the the little ships to serve each function.  Blacktron II is certainly one of the best looking space themes IMHO.  Love how you capture it.