After a long and uncomfortable journey, Erdan was woken suddenly as the carriage was knocked over! He was being taken to Erikson to go to a more secure prison than the one at Mirandor Castle. Now that he lifted his head and looked around, he saw an orc war party coming to attack! First they attacked the guards and then one even came around the back broke the door open and one asked him "why were you arrested?" "I tried to sneak into Mirandor Castle" replied Erdan, "why did an orc war party come to help me?" " We were told by one of our own that you were trying to sneak in, and that he gave you directions. So we watched the door and you didn't come out" said the orc " we were all very nervous when they assigned Eoin to the castle near the marshes, because we thought they were trying to take our lands and we thought you might know more. Can you help us?" "Alright, i'll try" said Erdan.

Forest AmbushForest AmbushForest Ambush

More photos on flickr

Edited by Eoin Wallace

Nice little scene.  I like the trees and the irregular base.  Good looking cart.  Figs look great, nice action scene.  Just curious what are the white pieces on the ground, snow or rocks?

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like the trees and the irregular base.  Good looking cart.  Figs look great, nice action scene.  Just curious what are the white pieces on the ground, snow or rocks?

Thank you, the white was supposed to be snow.

Very good, I like the overturned cage wagon, is an interesting thing to look at in the MOC, and makes it unique, well done! 

22 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Very good, I like the overturned cage wagon, is an interesting thing to look at in the MOC, and makes it unique, well done! 

Thank you!

I love reading this story, and the choice of the purple torso really makes the protagonist (antagonist?) stand out.  I think my favorite part of the scene is the trees.  They really look great.  The overturned wagon is a nice touch as well.  While the cage may seem small, medieval prisoners really weren't treated well, so it's not that surprising.  The mini posing and battle are great, too!  The ground work is a little busy to me and doesn't seem as smooth as your more recent castle build, but maybe it's alluding to a muddy mess of a road after the first thaw of winter.  The irregular base is nice and adds to the chaos of the battle scene.  Well done!

This is really cool!

I like how you used SNOT techniques to build the trees. I love how you added chunks of snow in both slopes and tiles to the build. The wagon is a really great construction (the seat being my favorite part). And I really like the way you built the base, being both framed and splattered - that's something I've been trying to do more often, and the result sure compensates the trouble. 

Great battle scene.

Keep it up!

On 6/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, Grover said:

I love reading this story, and the choice of the purple torso really makes the protagonist (antagonist?) stand out.  I think my favorite part of the scene is the trees.  They really look great.  The overturned wagon is a nice touch as well.  While the cage may seem small, medieval prisoners really weren't treated well, so it's not that surprising.  The mini posing and battle are great, too!  The ground work is a little busy to me and doesn't seem as smooth as your more recent castle build, but maybe it's alluding to a muddy mess of a road after the first thaw of winter.  The irregular base is nice and adds to the chaos of the battle scene.  Well done!

Thanks, i'm glad you like reading the story it's been very fun to write! :classic:

22 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

This is really cool!

I like how you used SNOT techniques to build the trees. I love how you added chunks of snow in both slopes and tiles to the build. The wagon is a really great construction (the seat being my favorite part). And I really like the way you built the base, being both framed and splattered - that's something I've been trying to do more often, and the result sure compensates the trouble. 

Great battle scene.

Keep it up!

Thanks! I'm very pleased you like it:dsweet:

You've been very productive lately! The prison cart is excellent, and you have some neat part usage in the harness :thumbup:

Good trees and landscape as well, though I think the grill tiles look a bit out of place as snow.

Great wagon design! Lovely trees and I like the irregular base. My only nitpick would be the grill tiles as SK said.