Sign in to follow this  
BeO

[MOC] Space Elves

Elves in space! Surely that must be the next step in the evolution of the theme  :laugh: Two models are from the Classic Space range, the third you might recognize from another space theme.

My biggest problem now is that I have more ideas than I have bricks in the right colours :hmpf_bad: I don't think my daughter want me to take apart all of her sets.... 

48069137273_01c4e76c08_c.jpgScooter01_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48069194267_de73a0fb6c_c.jpgScooter04_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48069136738_f4c86f2247_c.jpgSE918_02_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48069136923_2e930c8136_b.jpgThis_Is_Elves-Fighter01_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48069194077_d94591d9ef_b.jpgThis_Is_Elves-Fighter02_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48069089586_b0f466fbdd_b.jpgThis_Is_Elves-Fighter04_s by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

Let me know what you think :) 

Whoah, these are amazing!  We all need more space elves in our life.  If anyone complains, just pretend they're Vulcans.

3 hours ago, BeO said:

My biggest problem now is that I have more ideas than I have bricks in the right colours :hmpf_bad: I don't think my daughter want me to take apart all of her sets.... 

...but if you did convince her to sacrifice some parts, what'd be your next Space Elves project?

5 hours ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Whoah, these are amazing!  We all need more space elves in our life.  If anyone complains, just pretend they're Vulcans.

...but if you did convince her to sacrifice some parts, what'd be your next Space Elves project?

I'd love to do some of the ground bases. And of course 924 and 928 :classic: We'll see what I can put together with what I have.

These are genuinely pretty brilliant! To be honest I would not mind a theme with this sort of concept/aesthetic. In the very least I'd be interested to see if a girl-oriented Space theme might be able to deliver more in the way of alien landscapes, flora, and fauna than we typically see in traditional LEGO Space (after all, one of the most defining features of the Elves theme when compared to more boy-oriented counterparts like Castle was its emphasis on environmental detail).

I wonder if your "Elves Fighter" could be improved even further with a different color/pattern for the windscreen like https://brickset.com/parts/6230217/cockpit-dia-47-79-w-shaft-no-11 from the Goblin King's Fortress, https://brickset.com/parts/6254646/cockpit-dia-47-7-w-shaft-no-16 from The LEGO Movie 2's Systar Starship, or even https://brickset.com/parts/6230222 from Marvel's Sanctum Sanctorum. At the moment, the very rectilinear, mechanical appearance of the TIE fighter windscreen seems a little at odds with the more ornate magic motifs elsewhere on this particular model or the scooter. The Goblin King's Fortress portal could be a particularly apt replacement as it would echo the smaller portal piece you used on the scooter!

On 6/17/2019 at 2:10 AM, Aanchir said:

These are genuinely pretty brilliant! To be honest I would not mind a theme with this sort of concept/aesthetic. In the very least I'd be interested to see if a girl-oriented Space theme might be able to deliver more in the way of alien landscapes, flora, and fauna than we typically see in traditional LEGO Space (after all, one of the most defining features of the Elves theme when compared to more boy-oriented counterparts like Castle was its emphasis on environmental detail).

I wonder if your "Elves Fighter" could be improved even further with a different color/pattern for the windscreen like https://brickset.com/parts/6230217/cockpit-dia-47-79-w-shaft-no-11 from the Goblin King's Fortress, https://brickset.com/parts/6254646/cockpit-dia-47-7-w-shaft-no-16 from The LEGO Movie 2's Systar Starship, or even https://brickset.com/parts/6230222 from Marvel's Sanctum Sanctorum. At the moment, the very rectilinear, mechanical appearance of the TIE fighter windscreen seems a little at odds with the more ornate magic motifs elsewhere on this particular model or the scooter. The Goblin King's Fortress portal could be a particularly apt replacement as it would echo the smaller portal piece you used on the scooter!

Thanks for your comments and suggestions :) I very much appreciate them.

For some reason I find it easier mixing themes in new ways, compared to coming up with an original design of my own :hmpf_bad:  You see my previous attempt at this in my other Flickr album, again a theme mix. But it's fun doing these mixes :grin:  

The Friends series have some smaller sets with science elements, the next step could very well be an astronaut training set followed by a proper rocket/shuttle mission set. I don't think girls are any different than boys in many ways, and a well designed space-themed Friends set could very well be loved by many girls (and boys for that matter).

Yes the windscreen was pretty much what I had available, there's a windowless TIE Advanced in my bookshelf right now :laugh: (there's five different TIE models stacked above each other in my ... ahum ... TIE rack :innocent: )  I like your suggestions. It's easy to replace the coloured parts on the ship to match the windscreen of choise. I'll get them next time I make a BL order, better to try them all out. Could use two more dragon wings as well, they are supposed to be of the same colour :hmpf_bad: 

Here's another one I put together the day before an exhibition we had here in Sweden. This time it's set 75218 that got a remake. I used the instructions for the original set, but I had to modify it quite a lot to be able to use the colours I wanted. Some parts of the ship could've been done in a better way, but I was short on time :laugh:

48607878353_433b578249_b.jpgSpace Elves X-wing by BeO Johansson, on Flickr

48608239991_2e3ee1ea91_b.jpg

48607878418_ed5dc6748a_b.jpg

48608239641_0666878454_b.jpg

48608390602_4babcc6f73_b.jpg

The cockpit window and the rubber bands are the only parts I had to borrow from my 75218 X-wing.

I hope you like it :classic: 

I've seen more of these kind 'creations' like the elve version of the batmobile and warhorse, from mad max.
But this x-wing fighter is I think one of the coolest. Especially with those wings :classic:

Alright, back to basics with a very small build. 6815 Hovertron is the newest member of the Space Elves fleet :classic: 

49633626843_8bb22583f4_c.jpg

And here we have 6830 Space Supply Station

49633725533_fa42a2a423_c.jpg

49634520137_6d5ca7788e_c.jpg

The original (and best!)

49634539577_b343c48d2a_c.jpg

Coolness!  You need to keep the revision and original side-by-side for the full effect -- they look like two parallel dimensions, or maybe the fever dream of an oxygen-starved astronaut.  (Or maybe the elves are dreaming of astronauts?)  I like everything here, but especially how you use a clump of plants to approximate the crater rise in the original plate.