Sign in to follow this  
Drawd

Challenge IlI: Category B: Anganther castle

Anganther castle

48069119373_7fd2bd7dbd_c.jpg

In the forest between Mitgardia and Avalonia are robbers that make the trade routes uncertain. To secure the trade southward, Drawd has build a number of castles along the way.

One of those castles is Anganther. It lies at a height watching over a narrow valley. The men from neighboring villages take care of the castle. Now Drawd comes for a visit, to hear about the latest rumor that a number of robbers have be seen in the neighborhood. With him, Drawd and his company bring fine beer to the castle’s guards to show appreciation.

48069074991_d4212001e6.jpg

48069158868_edb4be1853.jpg

Excellent!  I like those trees, good castle here!  Reminds me I need to make a castle some time. I like the look of your roof a lot, pity I can't see much of it in these pics though.

Now, there’s a castle!

That’s big! I like how you built the vegetation and how little there is. The use of tan and sand-colors is great. Makes me think there’s not much ‘life’ around. 

These walls are thick! Trespassers would think twice before entering, I’m sure.

I also don’t know if that was the intention, but the lightning in the pictures gives a whole mystical mood, a dark tone to the story. 

Great build!

Sweet castle, the layout reminds me of the old TLG castles on raised baseplates.

Awesome!  The entrance reminded me of the MOC of Casterly Rock someone posted here a while back.  The clips for pine trees works on the scale you're building and is very reminiscent of blue spruce.  I like the interior courtyard design and the feel that the castle is built on a steep hill.  I also appreciate the level of detail--not too much, but not just a plain boring grey wall made entirely of 2x4 bricks either.  Great work, and I look forward to seeing more!

Now this is one massive castle!  Nice work, Drawd; even with all the gray you've managed to keep it from being too overpowering, and that roof adds some great color to the build :thumbup:

Nice castle! Clean look with some nice details. Like the trees and the sand green roof.

Superb castle! The rugged defensible look is excellent, and the addition over the entrance is a wonderful touch :thumbup:

Great use of cheese for the main castle roof too :dsweet: