LittleJohn

Challenge III: Cat. A: King Or Puppet?

overview-5.jpg

The Desert King meets with an impressive group of individuals in a grand audience chamber.
"You all know why we're here. Individually we have each caused Historica to tremble, but ultimately have always been thwarted by the united might of the guilds. However with our collective strength we would be unstoppable!"

The Algus snarled in reply: "And what conditions do you propose, oh king of the deserts? Though together we can undoubtedly conquer the whole of Historica, will all our efforts only serve to enrich you?"

group.jpg

"Indeed, what reason have we to offer you our armies?" added the Drow representative.

talk3.jpg

"Oh it's all very straightforward. As you see there are five of us, and five guilds. After all resistance is crushed each of us will have an entire guild of our own. Commander Basil will naturally have Varlyrio, the Algus Mitgardia, Raavage Nocturnus, and you Drow will finally be able to claim Avalonia."

talk4.jpg

Will these villains accept the Desert King's plan? What hope has Historica in the face of such foes? And is the Desert King really the one behind all of this?

puppet.jpg

Since the Desert King’s return there have been many rumors in Kaliphlin about what or who he really is. The latest juicy gossip reveals what the true nature of the ancient pharaoh is…
Merely a puppet for one of the most powerful blackguards ever to rise in Historica: Victor Revolword. Rumor has it he’s been putting together clandestine meetings with the most dangerous of Historica baddies – even those reported as long dead!

Here's my entry for category A of Challenge III. I’ve been wanting to do another build for Kaliphlin, and this challenge provided the perfect opportunity. I’ve also been itching to do some floor mosaics after getting a large PaB cup full of tan cheese – which led to me looking for potential designs I could use in this build. After a little bit of searching, I came across this pattern by the Queen of Cheese, Katie Walker. I thought it would fit quite well, and so replicated it, just tweaking the colors to suit our piece collection better.

More pictures:

right2.jpg

front-high.jpg

left-high.jpg

Mosaic

floor.jpg

And there are more images on Brickbuilt.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome

Now that is a tiled floor!  Magnificent cheese work, I love the dark blue.  Very impressive pillar height too and great use of corner tiles to add some architectural design.  Revolword's little balcony is really well done too, I especially like the gold hanging off the bottom - not something I would have ever thought of but it really works!

Great concept and very well done! So Revolword is still hiding in the shadows...?? *oh2*
I really like the details, particularly the mosaic and the decorations using the quarter-circle tiles.

Really elegant and nice!  Two details I like are how the puppeteer is hidden in the main shot, and the sigil in the border!

Great entry and some really fine mosaic! Great height and arch-work to frame it all as well. 

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Now that is a tiled floor!  Magnificent cheese work, I love the dark blue.  Very impressive pillar height too and great use of corner tiles to add some architectural design.  Revolword's little balcony is really well done too, I especially like the gold hanging off the bottom - not something I would have ever thought of but it really works!

Thanks Kai! Glad you like the gold ornamentation under the balcony, I had a lot of fun playing around with different designs for it.

14 hours ago, Gideon said:

Great concept and very well done! So Revolword is still hiding in the shadows...?? *oh2*
I really like the details, particularly the mosaic and the decorations using the quarter-circle tiles.

Thanks Gideon! And that's a good question... is he, or is it just an unfounded rumor? :look:

9 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Really elegant and nice!  Two details I like are how the puppeteer is hidden in the main shot, and the sigil in the border!

Thanks Navarre!

2 hours ago, adde51 said:

Great entry and some really fine mosaic! Great height and arch-work to frame it all as well. 

Thank you adde! The arches on this build were a ton of fun, glad you like how they turned out :classic:

Woow. What a twist! As W Navarre said, I specially like the fact that the puppeteer is hidden in the main picture.

The floor mosaic is stunning. The plant vases are great. But that chandelier hanging from the wiling is awesome!

Finally, the story is greatly written and well though of. Congrats!

Beautiful work.

Gorgeous work John!  The giant mosaic for the floor and the really tall columns/arches really lend an airy palatial note. 

Great rumor you've started too!  :thumbup:

Yowza!  The floor is insane!  I love that detailing.  The floor, columns, and flowers all add together to make a very royal feel to the desert king's palace.  I love revelword pulling the puppet strings, and seeing all the baddies together again.  The flowers and palm leaves together are great, and are very nice in the buckets for planters.  Great job!

:wub: That floor!  That's definitely what stands out in this build to me, but the chandelier, pillars, and balcony are all very well done too! :classic:  The story is intriguing as well - and somewhat troubling, as a peaceful (well, semi-peaceful :laugh: :tongue:) member of the guilds, if you know what I mean! :oh3:

:grin:  All in all a very nice entry! :thumbup:

I am away from Guilds of Historica for a chunk  of time...damn life getting in the way.  And this is what I return to!  I do hope it doesn't become canon!  For now I shall continue to hope that it is another attempt to besmirch his Majesty's name!

Seriously beautiful mosaic floor and balcony, the decorations and arches make it look like a wonderful open plan office.

That is one of the prettiest floors I've seen :wub: Great column setup, especially in the back with the half rounded pillars :thumbup: The huge curtains, potted plants, and elegant chandelier all help complete the scene. And the upper balcony with gold railing is also excellent.