SilentWolf

[COR - FB] Mint Parrot

Former story is here. It is recommended reading to figure out what is going on.

48068491423_16b96e44af_z.jpg

Julien Dubois was thrilled to finally have command of his own ship. Granted his dad hadn't said it was HIS ship, but why else would his dad put him on the new vessel. It was obviously to be the commander and tell the new pilot, Grant Thomas, what to do. He could see himself now leading the largest trade fleet in the New World. Now what was it that his dad had told him about the new guns?

Gustave Dubois had been extremely successful in his ventures trading between the new settlements around Elizabethville aboard his small craft, The Ant. His trips to Quinnsville and King's Harbour had especially been profitable as the coffee and cocoa from there was much desired among the other islands. He and his son, Julien, had been trading for 20 months now around Elizabethville, and had profited almost 1200 db. He also had negotiated a profitable partnership with The Emporium to sail along with their Peregrine. This partnership gave them both some protection from pirates and his skill for finding good trades had netted several bonuses from the Emporium. With this success, he decided to expand his fleet, hire another able pilot, and double the amount of cargo he could carry. He purchased a similar size ship, that he wanted to name the Green Parrot, but his wife insisted that the figurehead and coloring was MINT colored, not green. (It looked green to him.) However, the Mint Parrot it was christened. The Mint Parrot was loaded and waiting in the harbor of Port Raleigh, while the Ant and the Emporium's Peregrine were getting their last few items loaded on board. Gustave had told his son to go with, Mr. Thomas to help man the guns should they have any trouble with pirates, but he feared Julien might have taken the responsibility to mean more than intended. 

48068546122_078415d9a4_z.jpg

OOC: I had always been frustrated with the fraility of the Ant, and had a mind to try again with the large rowboat bottom. After The Ant was destroyed in the move, I decided it was a good first project back. Though this build turned out more stable to the ship base, the mast and railings are often trying to fall off, so the success was no better. 

Edited by SilentWolf

Well, I liked the name "the Ant" better for it :pir-grin: although  the mint parrot is a nice touch

Fine creation, pity there are not so many large rowboats around.

And it is definitely a "mint" parrot, Gustave can trust his wife on this :pir-grin:

Great little ship Silentwolf - it's amazing how good you can make that prefab rowboat look! I too love the mint parrot!

On 6/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine creation, pity there are not so many large rowboats around.

Agreed. It does look a little, how you say, chibi? And a fun build, yes.

But I'll stay out of any arguments involving The Wife. :grin: