Encounter in the Jungle
Don't Shoot
Examination Subjects
Meanwhile...
In the Laboratory
Never Alone
A Scientific Breakthrough

800x479.jpg

As commanded by the General, the two airforce carriers "Curious George" and "Boring Johnson" were patrolling the coast of Gunpowder island.

800x477.jpg

One day on the "Curious George": ... Look! There! Banana mutants!

800x569.jpg

The assistant readied the catapult for the first swallow that would carry a mean coconut to its destination.

It is understood that a swallow carrying such a heavy load must be started with the aid of modern technology.

800x1145.jpg

Guided by monkey shouts the mean-coconut-bombing turned out to be amazingly precise!

And the predicted effect set in as the dreaded banana mutant turned into a banana tree:

800x1028.jpg

Then the mean coconut, dropped by the second swallow in the swallow squadron, hit its target with devastating power:

800x1067.jpg

... and again, the tree count increased by one.

800x1067.jpg

The Marquis and the General were delighted! The swallows were happy to get a rest.

800x1077.jpg

The crew of the "Curious George" was cheering and a new ration of banana rum was quickly consumed. :monkey:

800x526.jpg

And they were right in their optimism.

Just two days later the operation "Clean Sweep" was finished and no banana mutant was left on Gunpowder Island.

The General turned to the Marquis: "You said that there was something special about these new trees. What is it?"

The Marquis smiled: "Let me explain..."

(to be continued)

next chapter:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/172361-mystery-island-13-a-surprise-reward/&tab=comments#comment-3125830

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

The monkeys have ships of their own? *huh*  I really like the unusual colorscheme for their vessels and the seagull bomber idea is hilarious! 

I like what you've done with the water to beach gradual effect. It looks really realistic now. The story is unexpectedly funny as always, so that makes it even better :pir-laugh:

One small question though: what is the air-speed velocity of these laden swallows?

This is what the coast looks like.  I am quite happy with the "new" water, the approach is inspired by ArchitectureFan.

800x518.jpg

21 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The monkeys have ships of their own? *huh*  I really like the unusual colorscheme for their vessels and the seagull bomber idea is hilarious! 

The monkeys have secret headquarters, laboratories - why should they not have ships? :pir-laugh:

(Ok, usually they let some humans do the work..)

These stories write themselves from some point onwards.
In episode 2, @Capt Wolf answered "THIS is the build I want to see!" when I wrote "Did you know that they start those seagulls with a catapult if the load is too heavy?"

Ok, now we have that build!

13 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Eagar to learn of the special trees lol

:pir-grin: oh those cliffhangers ...

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I like what you've done with the water to beach gradual effect. It looks really realistic now. The story is unexpectedly funny as always, so that makes it even better :pir-laugh:

One small question though: what is the air-speed velocity of these laden swallows?

Thanks for water and story comments!

The answer: The air-speed velocity of the laden swallow depends on the catapult that was used to "start" them,

This is a medium-sized catapult, so the swallow will make some 15 miles per hour. The Marquis should be able to do the mathematics.:pir_laugh2:

There's a lot to like here. Just the island build itself, gradually rising from beach to rocky cliff, is excellent! The two ships are great as well, and of course armed with catapults.

20 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

In episode 2, @Capt Wolf answered "THIS is the build I want to see!" when I wrote "Did you know that they start those seagulls with a catapult if the load is too heavy?"

Ok, now we have that build!

Indeed I did. Thank you!

And of course the story is very entertaining, as always. I certainly wasn't expecting the banana mutants to turn into trees when struck by coconuts! (But those coconuts are creepy. At first I thought the assistant was loading his own head into the catapult! :pir-oh: )

Another great build and story entry from you, Captain. :thumbup:

:pir-laugh: Lovely landscape and hilarious story as always, Captain!  That seagull catapult is quite ingenious! :pir-grin: :thumbup:

On 6/17/2019 at 4:22 PM, Capt Wolf said:

There's a lot to like here. Just the island build itself, gradually rising from beach to rocky cliff, is excellent! The two ships are great as well, and of course armed with catapults.

Indeed I did. Thank you!

And of course the story is very entertaining, as always. I certainly wasn't expecting the banana mutants to turn into trees when struck by coconuts! (But those coconuts are creepy. At first I thought the assistant was loading his own head into the catapult! :pir-oh: )

Another great build and story entry from you, Captain. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback. :sweet:

If you have more scientific questions as to the behaviour of banana mutants in a strong field of cocorite then I would have to delegate this to the Marquis. Or maybe Alberto da Pontelli. Or Professor Thaum?

:pir-laugh:

On 6/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, Garmadon said:

:pir-laugh: Lovely landscape and hilarious story as always, Captain!  That seagull catapult is quite ingenious! :pir-grin: :thumbup:

:pir-grin:

It is a swallow squadron, even if that is hard to swallow....