Medzomorak

Vintage Pirates I posters?

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for the vintage Lego Pirates posters in digital forms. Especially these:

p94pirate2.pngz3APQMC.jpglego_pirates_80_poster_1996_eu.jpg

Now, a couple of copies are available for sale at bricklink but those are physical copies which are creased and banded of course.

I'm wondering if there are any digital copies so I could print them myself with my own custom paper settings. Even some properly scanned version would be cool, as I've only found very low-sized pictures online. They would look absolutely cool above any vintage pirates diorama.

Many thanks for any assistance!

Edited by Medzomorak

On 6/15/2019 at 1:29 AM, Medzomorak said:

I'm looking for the vintage Lego Pirates posters in digital forms. [...]  Now, a couple of copies are available for sale at bricklink but those are physical copies which are creased and banded of course.

Given the Pirates theme predates widespread Internet usage, the LEGO Group did not release digital versions of their posters at the time of the Pirate sets release, nor am I aware of them having ever released digital versions since.

Which is a pity, because these posters are nice and it would be great to have them without the creases or signs of wear and tear.

Don't know of any, though it's possible I guess. I have a Model Team poster in mint condition that came with an ebay purchase, which looks like it hadn't been touched in 30 years... maybe something similar with some Pirates stuff.

1 hour ago, Paradosis said:

maybe something similar with some Pirates stuff.

To my knowledge all LEGO Pirate posters came folded so therefore they will contain creases no matter how pristine condition they're in.

Unless, somewhere they were available without set inclusion, but I'm not aware of this ever being the case.

Thanks for the replies good Sirs!

It seems the best way to do it, is to obtain a physical copy and scan it, then correct the folding lines with PS or something similar. I don't know if that is legal, but I'm planning to buy a copy from each of these and 'digitally renovate' them. 

Unfortunately, I confirm Mister Phes comment here.

I have all those 3 posters and all of them were folded since the beginning. It's impossible to find new ones unfolded IMO.

So your best chance is, like you suggested, to 'renovate' a digital copy with some PS editing.

If you succeed in this task, I would be glad to see what it looks like without the folding lines.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:21 AM, Mister Phes said:

To my knowledge all LEGO Pirate posters came folded so therefore they will contain creases no matter how pristine condition they're in.

Unless, somewhere they were available without set inclusion, but I'm not aware of this ever being the case.

I remember some stores having them up against the wall as advertisment, these had no folds, but the chances of finding those are little to none. 

2 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

I remember some stores having them up against the wall as advertisment, these had no folds, but the chances of finding those are little to none. 

Maybe somewhere in the world, some store attendant got to keep the posters after they were no longer needed and framed them... and there they've been ever since... preserved in pristine condition...  waiting to be rediscovered...

Ok now, now I'm dreaming! :pir-laugh:

On 6/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, Medzomorak said:

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for the vintage Lego Pirates posters in digital forms. Especially these:

p94pirate2.pngz3APQMC.jpglego_pirates_80_poster_1996_eu.jpg

Now, a couple of copies are available for sale at bricklink but those are physical copies which are creased and banded of course.

I'm wondering if there are any digital copies so I could print them myself with my own custom paper settings. Even some properly scanned version would be cool, as I've only found very low-sized pictures online. They would look absolutely cool above any vintage pirates diorama.

Many thanks for any assistance!

@Medzomorak  i got now a good scan of the poster LEGO 6296 Shipwreck Island from 1996. can you contact me via directmessage, because i am not allowed to write messages yet.

Maybe this guy can help: 

That poster looks like it's in pretty good condition.

Or otherwise (download) one of these:
https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/cg-artist-stefan-muller-recreates-a-classic-lego-90s-pirate-poster-in-stunning-detail/
https://www.teepublic.com/poster-and-art/10738293-pirates 

I would love to have these postcards in a highres. digital format:
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=G&catString=472.61.688

Edited by CvS

14 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful finds and welcome to the LEGO Pirates Forum! :pir-huzzah2:

Do you have any of the old poster or catalogs in your personal collection?

Thanks! I couldn't find an 'new member introduction topic'.
Unfortunately I don't have any LEGO Pirates posters... I do have some regular old catalogs from '90, '91, '92 etc.