Pate-keetongu

[MOC] Tea ceremony in Japanese garden

48029479342_59e7b5e00f_c.jpg
48029411933_42fa88dd4a_c.jpg

I wanted to build a geisha in vibrant kimono, and an another samurai character to accompany her. A tea ceremony scene felt natural way to do it. It was going to take place in a tea house or a pavillion at first, but as I didn't have parts for the walls in this scale, I changed the setting into a garden. The geisha also became a maiko, an apprentice geisha, as they wear more detailed attire. Vibrant and rugged colour scheme and details on two different sides of the creation reflect the character's nature and class; the maiko is surrounded by flowers, and the samurai's swords rest on the rocks beside him.

48042257962_4c9ebea4a2_c.jpg

48038157873_f26a6e20fb_c.jpg

More pictures and talk on my blog.

You never cease to amaze me, using exotic parts for normal things, and mundane parts for exotic things. The face on the warrior and the robe on the maiko are the standouts to me, but the entire creation is just so good. Thank you for sharing it here!

That's beautiful. And amazing flexibility in the knees!

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

On 6/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, MAB said:

That's beautiful. And amazing flexibility in the knees!

Making the samurai's legs be fitting to both standing and sitting pose was a new challenge. Luckily those  2x2 round plate/TECHNIC connectors joints enable 180 degrees to start with.Then I just had to make the backsides of the upper legs quite empty. Fortunately the dress part of the armour hides it nicely.

I'd love to see some of your "behind the scenes" tricks. I remember trying to copy parts of your Hobbit figures and not being able to figure out how you do some things.