Kai NRG

Map of Historica: Challenge III Prize

After quite a bit of brainstorming as to what would make a good GoH themed trophy, I settled on a map of Historica.  It proved a bit of a challenge...

48057772281_0b5f880f4c.jpg

Yes, it would have been nice to write Book III Challenge III First Place Winner, along with the full date, but that struck me as a little long. :wink:

GoH%20Book%20III%20Challenge%20III%20Trophy%20%281%29.jpg

GoH%20Book%20III%20Challenge%20III%20Trophy%20%282%29.jpg

I tried to recreate iconic sorts of buildings for each guild.  My apologies to the Mitgardians who just got a beacon but my attempt at a Jarl's hall ended up way too big.

GoH%20Book%20III%20Challenge%20III%20Trophy%20%283%29.jpg

Historica is a bit of an inconvenient shape (for a rectangular trophy... my bad I guess) and I didn't quite know where Varlyrio is but I put it off the west coast of Kaliphlin on @Garmadon's authority.

GoH%20Book%20III%20Challenge%20III%20Trophy%20%285%29.jpg

GoH%20Book%20III%20Challenge%20III%20Trophy%20%284%29.jpg

I hope the winner will enjoy the trophy... and a word to the wise... there may be something interesting inside... :grin:

Fairly happy with how the build turned out and I'm thinking about making instructions (since, for once, it all sticks together).  Would there be any interest in that?  Would there be any interest if the instructions were... uh... not free? :tongue:

C&C welcome!  As long as you don't just want me to stick cool pieces on it so you can win them, this MOC will be sticking around so I could theoretically make some changes if anyone is bursting with suggestions!

Very nice trophy! Great job with capturing the different guilds and like @W Navarre said, very nice with the III :excited:

On 6/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Nice build :classic: Who ever won will be very lucky!

Thank you! 

On 6/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, W Navarre said:

NPU on the III! Altogether a great trophy which is pulled together by an awesome base!

Thanks Navarre!  I wanted to make it actually look like a trophy, thus the rather elaborate base!

On 6/14/2019 at 11:44 AM, adde51 said:

Very nice trophy! Great job with capturing the different guilds and like @W Navarre said, very nice with the III :excited:

Thanks!  Random inspiration there with the grill tile that came to me while I was doing something totally unrelated!

16 hours ago, Grover said:

Really beautiful work!  Whoever wins is going to be in for a treat!

Thanks Grover! 

Good one, Kai! Not an easy challenge indeed, but I think you managed quite well. I only wonder why Kali seems to be a bit more detailed than the others, but that might just be an impression... :wink::poke:

5 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Good one, Kai! Not an easy challenge indeed, but I think you managed quite well. I only wonder why Kali seems to be a bit more detailed than the others, but that might just be an impression... :wink::poke:

You got me there! :laugh:  Kali is bigger, so it was easier to have more going on there... plus it was where I started and set the scale for the rest.  So not necessarily purely guild bias... :wink:  Thanks!

I imagine that fitting the whole of Historica on such a small base is no easy job, but you've pulled it off really well Kai! :wub: Speaking of the base, it is probably one of my favoured to date, with the guild shields but especially the 'Book III' font. Using a grill tile there... :drool: 

19 hours ago, Servertijd said:

Thats a great micro, and a great price to get.

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, TitusV said:

I imagine that fitting the whole of Historica on such a small base is no easy job, but you've pulled it off really well Kai! :wub: Speaking of the base, it is probably one of my favoured to date, with the guild shields but especially the 'Book III' font. Using a grill tile there... :drool: 

Thanks Titus!  I took the basic shield idea from Exetrius.  I'll probably be using it again in future GoH MOCs!

On 6/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, Kai NRG said:

and a word to the wise... there may be something interesting inside...

Still wondering what's inside this beautiful trophy...

It's impressive how all regions are so well depicted in such small space. 
The title of "Book III" written on the side is amazing, and the banners are a perfect fit. 

I reckon all the lords are yet to deliberate the winners, right?

2 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Still wondering what's inside this beautiful trophy...

It's impressive how all regions are so well depicted in such small space. 
The title of "Book III" written on the side is amazing, and the banners are a perfect fit. 

I reckon all the lords are yet to deliberate the winners, right?

Thanks!  And yes, the jury is still out on the Challenge results but it shouldn't take too much longer!

Brilliant trophy model concept, as it makes a fabulous GoH display piece. The Nocturnus tower and Kaliphlin gatehouse are especially cool.
Those new 3 leaf plant elements make perfect micro palm trees :wub:
And the inclusion of guild shields and Book III text ties everything together nicely.

I hope Etzel shares a peek at what may or may not be hidden inside :grin:

Edited by soccerkid6

8 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

I hope Etzel shares a peek at what may or may not be hidden inside :grin:

Of course! I just got it (it got hold up in customs for a while) and can enjoy the excellent design IRL. The inside was packed with cool pieces. Big thanks for this amazing prize!

800x604.jpg

800x708.jpg