adde51

CHALLENGE III : Cat B: Protecting the city of Mophet

48057231337_94ddfc5713_c.jpg

48057136211_90fea19936_c.jpg

48057136331_877553cfa9_c.jpg

As tensions had risen in Historica, the people of Mophet and its surroundings had grown increasingly nervous. Although accustomed to hardships for generations, the recent inflow of money and resources to the region had meant that the standard of living had risen dramatically. This had led to many of the inhabitants changing their rugged nomad lifestyles into a more “civilized” way of life. Thus, they no longer felt safe as rumors had spread throughout Kali that bands of robbers and thugs roamed freely, taking whatever they desired. There was also a widespread notion that merchants and armies from the north would try to use the current instability to attack and destroy some of the more important cities and settlements along the oil road, in an attempt to establish new trade-routes, thus endangering the position that Mophet now had acquired. 

Now a central hub along the oil road, the leaders as well as the common folk, realized they had to take steps to ensure they would not be attacked. The city had, until recently, been somewhat unprotected against attack in terms of fortifications and instead relied on good relationships with local tribe-leaders. With the city growing and more of the markets and small farms that made up the outskirts of it being exposed, a decision had to be made. 

Tabib D’Odo discussed the matter with a good friend of him, a half-elf that went by the name of sir Gideon. Tabib had met him a few times on his travels to Barqa and the two had gotten along very well. Gideon, being a seasoned fighter and now the leader of the neighboring city of Barqa, advised Tabib to immediately start to reinforce Mophet against what might come. “If nothing else, strong walls and towers usually cast some doubts in the hearts of any potential attacker” said Gideon. 

48057196782_e6b00d1005_c.jpg

Being a city that basically had consisted of several smaller settlements slowly merging together, there were already some walls and fortifications in place from times passed. This however provided protection mostly to the inner parts of Mophet, and did little to ensure the safety of the many people working the markets and gardens/farms on the outskirts of the city.

48057118441_8bfb4aa6b7_c.jpg

48057117966_4e363e5b52_c.jpg

Given the good relationship with Barqa, and the income that had been generated through trade, Tabib was able to quickly muster a large number of builders to help the local carpenters and masons already hard at work. They began raising and strengthening some of the larger sections that still remained intact in the outer parts of the city, as well as building entire new sections to make sure the city would be well protected in case of any attack. Towers were built and an increased number of guards also started to patrol the walls as well as the surroundings to make sure none tried to enter without permission. 

48057118136_da9ce09f3e_c.jpg

48057231592_298a5e17ff_c.jpg

So this is my entry to challenge III (fortifications). Had a blast building this and I hope you all like it :) 

Edited by adde51

Great entry, and great to see the continued close cooperation between Barqa and Mophet!
May the trade always flow unhindered on the Oil Road! :classic:

This is excellent work. Color palette and details especially. My favorite part is the guy fixing the wall.

Wow, Mophet is really growing by leaps and bounds!  This is a great wall segment, and the details packed into the MOC sell it.  I particularly like the twisty trees and the use of olive on that tower but the leopard cage is also really neat!

12 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Great entry, and great to see the continued close cooperation between Barqa and Mophet!
May the trade always flow unhindered on the Oil Road! :classic:

Thanks a lot buddy, fun to get some interaction with the neighbours. And the trade will flow :laugh:

12 minutes ago, mccoyed said:

This is excellent work. Color palette and details especially. My favorite part is the guy fixing the wall.

Thank you very much, glad you liked it! Pretty happy with the builder so glad you liked that part :sweet:

1 minute ago, Kai NRG said:

Wow, Mophet is really growing by leaps and bounds!  This is a great wall segment, and the details packed into the MOC sell it.  I particularly like the twisty trees and the use of olive on that tower but the leopard cage is also really neat!

Haha, thanks man! Glad to hear you liked the trees as well :wink: . Will try to make a little scene with the leopard cage later on as I’m pretty happy with how it turned out :laugh:

Fabulous wall!  I like the towers in particular, like others said, they really are like two menacing guardians!  Also great tree inside.  Keep it up! 

Awesome build.  Really like all the architecture in here.  The wall has some nice texturing.  The towers with the domes look great, especially the parts at the base of the domes where all the cheese slopes and tooth or claw pieces are.  The accents of brown on the towers and throughout the build really add a nice change of color.  The gear pieces on the building inside are a nice touch too.  The market area is neat, I like all your different canopies.  The trees are very creative.  I like the use of sand green in spots too.  Your figs all look good.  I also like the picture you have of the angle down the market, looks great.  

I love this! All the details and all the little scenes. The use of textiles as "sun roof" is really nice.

The Kali colours is really nice and I like that you break it up with olive green and it fits well.

Great work man!

16 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Nice! the towers are very good.

Thank you! 

15 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Fabulous wall!  I like the towers in particular, like others said, they really are like two menacing guardians!  Also great tree inside.  Keep it up! 

Cheers man! Glad you liked the trees as well :sweet: 

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Awesome build.  Really like all the architecture in here.  The wall has some nice texturing.  The towers with the domes look great, especially the parts at the base of the domes where all the cheese slopes and tooth or claw pieces are.  The accents of brown on the towers and throughout the build really add a nice change of color.  The gear pieces on the building inside are a nice touch too.  The market area is neat, I like all your different canopies.  The trees are very creative.  I like the use of sand green in spots too.  Your figs all look good.  I also like the picture you have of the angle down the market, looks great.  

Thank you very much, glad you took the time to check out the details :excited: . Pretty happy with how the top-sections of the towers turned out so I’m glad you liked them! 

9 hours ago, Zilmrud said:

I love this! All the details and all the little scenes. The use of textiles as "sun roof" is really nice.

The Kali colours is really nice and I like that you break it up with olive green and it fits well.

Great work man!

Thanks again buddy! Fun to play around a bit bit the different capes, etc. #swedishlegomafia :wink:

Saw this on flickr the other day and spent some time looking over all the details.  Awesome MOC! 

Wow, this build is awesome!  I love the tan and dark orange, and how this build could just fit right in with all your others.  If you had enough bricks, you could stick all your builds together into one huge display!  The white puffy flowers out front are great--I hadn't thought of doing that with the petals.  There's so much detail in the build I think I may have missed some of it, it's so great!  What is on top of the glass bowl the merchant is selling?  I can't tell what the piece is.  The gates look great, the two tigers in the cage... it's all spectacular.  I love seeing your builds.  Great work!

On 6/16/2019 at 9:43 PM, mrcp6d said:

Saw this on flickr the other day and spent some time looking over all the details.  Awesome MOC! 

Thanks! Glad you checked out the details and liked them :sweet:

On 6/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, Grover said:

Wow, this build is awesome!  I love the tan and dark orange, and how this build could just fit right in with all your others.  If you had enough bricks, you could stick all your builds together into one huge display!  The white puffy flowers out front are great--I hadn't thought of doing that with the petals.  There's so much detail in the build I think I may have missed some of it, it's so great!  What is on top of the glass bowl the merchant is selling?  I can't tell what the piece is.  The gates look great, the two tigers in the cage... it's all spectacular.  I love seeing your builds.  Great work!

Thank you very much! Trying to keep it sort of in the same "look" as my previous builds. I still have the racetrack and the town hall (and working on some more stuff right now...haha!) so I'll probably take a group-shot of everything at some point. Glad you enjoyed the details, the little golden part on top of the glass bowl is a golden snitch fron HP CMF-series. Cheers man! 

16 hours ago, adde51 said:

Thanks! Glad you checked out the details and liked them :sweet:

Thank you very much! Trying to keep it sort of in the same "look" as my previous builds. I still have the racetrack and the town hall (and working on some more stuff right now...haha!) so I'll probably take a group-shot of everything at some point. Glad you enjoyed the details, the little golden part on top of the glass bowl is a golden snitch fron HP CMF-series. Cheers man! 

Ooh!  I can't wait to see them all together!  And the snitch... that makes sense as to what it is, but what a fantastic parts usage!  I'll totally have to use that in some of my builds as an ornamental detail at some point.

Wow! Lovely walls and towers which looks so natural to me. The barren land outside the wall and the bustling feel inside the wall makes such a great contrast! 

On 6/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, de Gothia said:

Wow! Lovely walls and towers which looks so natural to me. The barren land outside the wall and the bustling feel inside the wall makes such a great contrast! 

Thank you very much good sir :wink: . Glad you liked the contrast, had a LOT of fun building so I’m glad you liked it! 

This fits really well in the list of impressive Kaliphlin city scapes, such a nice MOC :thumbup: 

Not only a lovely colourscheme (the olive green and dark orange :wub: ), but an overload of little details (the crack in the wall with the little cheese slopes, for example) make for an impressive scene. Good work!

A small remark is that the gallery under the olive green tower seems a bit plain to me, though this could very well just in comparison with the rest of the build :wink: 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, TitusV said:

This fits really well in the list of impressive Kaliphlin city scapes, such a nice MOC :thumbup: 

Not only a lovely colourscheme (the olive green and dark orange :wub: ), but an overload of little details (the crack in the wall with the little cheese slopes, for example) make for an impressive scene. Good work!

A small remark is that the gallery under the olive green tower seems a bit plain to me, though this could very well just in comparison with the rest of the build :wink: 

Thank you very much! Had a lot of fun with all the little details, haha! I do need to get my hands on some more 1x1s in tan and dark tan to be able to create some structure to the smaller sections (like the underside of the green tower :wink:)

Wow :wub: The main fortifications look spectacular with the two towers flanking a lovely middle eastern gate :thumbup: Inside the market stalls, livestock pen, trees, and house all come together to make a very well fleshed out scene.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Wow :wub: The main fortifications look spectacular with the two towers flanking a lovely middle eastern gate :thumbup: Inside the market stalls, livestock pen, trees, and house all come together to make a very well fleshed out scene.

Thanks man, glad to hear you liked it :excited:. I think I have the final layout done for the scene I’ll use for summer joust, where this will definately be a part. Cheers! 

Congratulations man :laugh::thumbup:

Your MOC is really colourfull and full of life! 

#swedishlegomaffia 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:45 AM, Zilmrud said:

Congratulations man :laugh::thumbup:

Your MOC is really colourfull and full of life! 

#swedishlegomaffia 

Wow, thanks a lot! Glad people liked it! 

On 8/6/2019 at 12:22 AM, Blufiji said:

Awesome entry, I like the choice in color patterning!

Thank you very much, glad to hear!