eric trax

[MOC] Fendt Favorit 514c + Lemken Europal 9

The Fendt model is based on my last New Holland tractor. The entire body was built from scratch and the rebuilt front three piont hitch. The hood was the biggest challenge because it has 4 studs wide and there is a medium engine inside. I have to admit that the green tractor I like more than blue :)

fendt_lemken_1.jpg

The tractor has a drive with a Large motor with gear ratio 1:7 and steering using a servomotor. Three-point hitch systems are raising by the medium's engine . The front one can be detached. In addition, the power shaft drives the medium motor (gear ratio 1:3). The model has 4 functions so it is controlled by sbrick.

I made the first plow projects before entering the dark age. That was 15 years ago. From that time, the model elements were in the corner and I sometimes came back to them. The plow is rotated using a large turntable drives by power shaft. It has a mechanism that sets the support wheel during rotation of the plow. Lego gears have small lags but it does not affect the operation. Thanks to the idea, M_longer Creations managed to replace the bodies of liftarms with very realistic ones. To make it look even better I used a minifig machete. The end result is very good I think

lemken_europal_9-2.jpg

lemken_europal_9-3.jpg

The manual for the models was made by M_longer Creations and can be purchased here: https://rebrickable.com/users/M_longer/mocs/

Below you can see more photos and video:

fendt_lemken_1.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_lemken_2.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_lemken_3.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_favorit_514c-1.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_favorit_514c-2.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_favorit_514c-3.jpg_thumb.jpg fendt_favorit_514c-4.jpg_thumb.jpg lemken_europal_9-1.jpg_thumb.jpg lemken_europal_9-2.jpg_thumb.jpg lemken_europal_9-3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by eric trax

Hi!

I saw your video on YT this afternoon. I felt concerned as I am fighting with my own tractor project.

I am impressed by the high level of detail and the apparent facilities you have to build such beautiful model (I now that all things that appeared to be easy and simple are the hardest one to design)

And I must admit - your model appear to be so easy, fluent and fluid design...

- Some question: no pendular front axle?

- Is the main frame mostly studfull or studless? hard to say with the elements you present here

- Any traction issue due to non ackerman steering? I struggle with that...

- Where did you hide the sbrick? not under the hood as I understand it, so where is it located?

A cut out view of the inner design would be appreciate ;)

Steph.

Edited by steph77

Thank you steph for your interest. It is very nice to me. Below is a picture that will answer many of your questions. More can not betray :) For a long time I have not been a fan of many additions in the model. I prefer fewer functions but make the model run smoothly and visually smooth.

Theres no pendular front axle that the frame was stronger. The model is light, so it does not need an acerman steering :)

53482284_2140709249356285_28580302813973

So it is the same base than your new Holland with manual shifting between front and rear hitch. Good solution to preserve design I find!

So; major studless mount,

Last question : where did youfind those front tire?

Very interresed to get the same ones :wink:

It says Playmobil on it !

Eric is telling more on NH topic.

Edited by fosamax

57 minutes ago, steph77 said:

Good solution to preserve design I find!

Actually only core part of the chassis is the same. We did that on purpose, because we want to make some machines for both NH and Fendt tractor in the future, and having them standarized will make it much easier.
I am going to make a conversion module for the plough for 42054 set, but first I will have to figure out how to make PTO working in both directions.

The plow can be built with using 4L bars instead of machettes:

800x450.jpg

Basically it can  hold anything that have bar end, which allows for something like this...

800x700.jpg

Love it, absolutely love it! I remember trying to make a plough for 851 out of 2x1 bricks and 2x2 plates many years ago, and concluded a realistic mould board shape was not possible.... but this is just blowing my mind. Its brilliant! 

Great moc,but converting your scale to real dimension sins when fendt 514C is 527cm long? 290cm wide and 323cm high?? the real life measurements of the Fendt Favorit 514C is Length: 448 cm, Width: 244cm, Height: 286 cm, Wheelbase: 261 cm

it's too wide and high, I guess that's why there's no photo straight ahead :D the wheels are from 1:17 scale the rest is 1:14 therefore the tractor looks like some a bigger fendt model. despite this, i will probably build it anyway. :)

8 hours ago, aniszek1 said:

Great moc,but converting your scale to real dimension sins when fendt 514C is 527cm long? 290cm wide and 323cm high?? the real life measurements of the Fendt Favorit 514C is Length: 448 cm, Width: 244cm, Height: 286 cm, Wheelbase: 261 cm

it's too wide and high, I guess that's why there's no photo straight ahead :D the wheels are from 1:17 scale the rest is 1:14 therefore the tractor looks like some a bigger fendt model. despite this, i will probably build it anyway. :)

I have checked the dimensions for you once again in the same way as they are checked when measuring the tractor.
Length 295mm
Width 173mm
Height 185mm

So the model deviates from real dimensions because it just has to be different. The lego tires are wider than the real ones, which means that the same tractor is automatically wider. When you build a scale model, you pay attention to the look. Therefore, the other dimensions also deviate from the original. Everything happens for a simple reason. If I built only a wider model but not higher or longer, it would look like a caricature. Currently, despite the changed dimensions, the proportions are preserved. Remember also that the chassis was ready.

This technique I have been using for many years in my models and has always worked. Well done for your vigilance :)

Edited by eric trax