Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

Challenge III: Category A: A Chilling Truth?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For much of Mitgardia, the people had been undaunted by rumours and gossip that was widely circulating further South.

There was no evidence to suggest present danger in their lands; that was until stories of mages and wizards practicing dark arts in the North. Even scarier was the gossip of large armies gathering around ancient religious sites.

48049861436_820da777a4_z.jpg

Could it be that the evil forces are forging alliances within Mitgardia? If so, who could stop the magic and might of such an enemy?

Wise councilmen began speaking of how similar mages in ages past could conjure powerful creatures, and wield destruction with their staff.

48049856816_50496f4645_c.jpg

Tales of heavily armed and battle-ready mercenaries soon spread like wildfire over the frosty tundra of Mitgardia. Labourers worked the more earnestly to construct fortifications, peasants coughed up more tax, and lords sought to better equip and train their soldiers.

The thought of defending against sinister foes sent shivers down the spines of all of Mitgardia.

48049859466_6f361dd662_c.jpg

Could these bands of evil foes be as strong as the rumours say? After all, nobody has dared to venture into the bleak, snowy landscape to check the ancient shrines and temples.

Surely the elite would not terrify the population simply for their own gain? 

 

Or would they?

48049939487_72af543565_c.jpg

 

Edited by Spud The Viking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing use of trans blue, it's so cool how the title is perfectly fitting as the colors do give it a chilling look! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat nine-sided pavilion, not a number of sides we see frequently!  Great use of that blue Chima banner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colors are lovely here, especially with those light blue arms on the minifigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is some really beautiful work!  The mixture of the LBG, gold, and hints of trans blue with some snow white really looks good.  One of my favorite details is the somewhat rusted shield carried by the soldier in front.  It gave the whole piece a feeling of a an ancient tundra--where much of the area stays unrusted for decades and appears to be new, but the few things that see larger temperature swings and such get some surface rust.  Everything is very visually appealing, and I love the spear point down in the snow.  Very well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build and nice quality pictures. 

I love the colors, here. The trans-blue is great with prominent white and gold. It's awesome to see the Chima flag every now and then. 

The story is also very interesting. I can really see how Mitgardia can be affected by these mercenaries and really dig the influence of unexplored shrines.

Keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, W Navarre said:

Amazing use of trans blue, it's so cool how the title is perfectly fitting as the colors do give it a chilling look! 

Thank you! I was hoping the blue would make it appear colder.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:46 PM, Kai NRG said:

Neat nine-sided pavilion, not a number of sides we see frequently!  Great use of that blue Chima banner!

In truth, I started with ten sides, but the pillars being attached with to the base with SNOT made it difficult, hence the slight gaps in the ring. I didn't realise it was a Chima flag, the wonderful thing about Bricklink I suppose :grin:

On 6/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, mrcp6d said:

Colors are lovely here, especially with those light blue arms on the minifigs.

Thank you!

On 6/16/2019 at 10:14 PM, Grover said:

This is some really beautiful work!  The mixture of the LBG, gold, and hints of trans blue with some snow white really looks good.  One of my favorite details is the somewhat rusted shield carried by the soldier in front.  It gave the whole piece a feeling of a an ancient tundra--where much of the area stays unrusted for decades and appears to be new, but the few things that see larger temperature swings and such get some surface rust.  Everything is very visually appealing, and I love the spear point down in the snow.  Very well done!

Thank you very much!

On 6/17/2019 at 3:30 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Great build and nice quality pictures. 

I love the colors, here. The trans-blue is great with prominent white and gold. It's awesome to see the Chima flag every now and then. 

The story is also very interesting. I can really see how Mitgardia can be affected by these mercenaries and really dig the influence of unexplored shrines.

Keep it up!

Thanks, photography is one area I lack in, so I'm always trying to improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shrine features some lovely color choices and the overall shape looks fabulous :thumbup: Your fig combos are excellent, with the blue arms fitting nicely in combination with the bear banner.
And the SNOT snow base was a great choice :dsweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, soccerkid6 said:

The shrine features some lovely color choices and the overall shape looks fabulous :thumbup: Your fig combos are excellent, with the blue arms fitting nicely in combination with the bear banner.
And the SNOT snow base was a great choice :dsweet:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.