Graupensuppe

[MOC] Return of the ADVENTURERS

5DW3yHH.png

The legendary Lego Adventurers theme ran from 1998 to 2003, encompassing the subthemes Egypt, Jungle, Dino Island, and Orient Expedition.

This 503-piece model consists of four vignettes (10x14 studs) depicting Johnny Thunder (Joe Freeman) in Egypt, Dr. Kilroy (Professor Articus) in India, Pippin Reed (Linda Lovely) in the Himalayas, and Lord Sam Sinister (Mr. Hates) in the Amazon rainforest. Also includes several animals, a magnifying glass, a rifle, a ruby, a machete, an ice pick, dynamite, a revolver, a map, Achu's golden headdress, and the mummy of Pharaoh Hotep!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/ecca7b07-4693-4625-92e9-b1a7a5b61d1e

I have fond memories of the Adventurers theme and of the old German audio play... Would you like a theme like this to return? And by which names do you know the characters - they had so many over the years?

qnHuiAC.png

J5afQoH.png

Zn3QpL9.png

saA4YgV.png

t85iPLY.png

H5oUOjK.png

STzGWKC.png

IYQPBuy.png

Edited by Graupensuppe

Well these are charming. I must say, LEGO needs to fill the void that Adventurers/Indiana Jones left behind. Well done capturing the essence of the various expeditions.

MAC

Looks good for vignettes of the different locations, however , the main thing that would make it more Adventurers and less Indiana Jones would be yellow figures.

Edited by TeriXeri

Supporting! Great job

(But the Adventurers characters are yellow, not fleshies)

On 6/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Graupensuppe said:

Would you like a theme like this to return?

YOU BET!!! :grin: (Though my ideal revival of such would likely be a bit more fantastical than some may wish for... :wink: )

I must say, your Ideas project is very nicely composed in concept, and quite surprising to see as there hardly any Adventurers-themed/inspired submissions out there to begin with. I mean, there are plenty of Classic Space, Castle, and Pirates-inspired project to go around, but Adventurers... :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, iammac said:

I must say, LEGO needs to fill the void that Adventurers/Indiana Jones left behind.

Not that I personally consider it to be such, but Lego may currently consider the Jurassic World theme to be sufficient enough in those regards. :sceptic:

Thanks everyone!

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

(But the Adventurers characters are yellow, not fleshies)

Since I built this in LDD and the Adventurers prints don't seem to be available I couldn't replicate the original minifigures anyway, so I tried to make everything look a bit more realistic instead. That's why I used some more modern colors such as dark brown, dark green, and flesh. I almost always prefer to use fleshies though - I think it looks more "real" and sometimes vastly improves the overall appearance of a MOC.

Edited by Graupensuppe

These vigs are great! The Tibetan shrine is probably my favorite, but I have to call out the great design you used for the palm tree. :thumbup: Its a pity it can't be built with those colors IRL!