Hi all I'm building a tracked tractor pivoting for the steering 

The tracks have slew from the main chassis and also spinning motion from the turntables ,the tracks are tensioned with suspension

There's not enough hours in the day haha

I've made 5 different sets of tracks to suit scale and settled on a single sided frame for the tracks

I'm after specific colours pieces for this too

Can't upload pictures even on my lowest camera setting ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, Benbkab said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Flickr and/or Bricksafe is something you need.

Welcome to EB, Benbkab!

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image pushed you over the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service ( like Bricksafe as M_longer mentioned).

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

I've always used brickshelf. Would I be better off using Flickr or bricksafe?

7 hours ago, deraven said:

Welcome to EB, Benbkab!

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image pushed you over the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service ( like Bricksafe as M_longer mentioned).

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

Thanks for the reply, another thing I'm going to have to get used to as technology overpasses me ?

How much k does one picture take up when using one of these hosts?

Also are these available from the app store?

Thanks again

Edited by Benbkab
Added another question

easy...  1 pixel = 1 bit 

8 bits = 1 byte 

8 megapixel (camera)= 8,000,000 8 million pixels or 1 megabyte 

No 1 kilo pixels camera exists today (1970's california technology) 

if you use a 24 megapixels camera to take a picture, 24,000,000 pixels= 192 megabytes of space is required per picture!!! 

reduce your camera to 1/2 megapixel per picture  = 512,000 or 512k bits per picture..

goto www.flickr.com if your country allows it.  you can store pictures for free when you create a free account.. and it automatically reduces the pictures size by using dithering and losey compression (which causes artifacts on pictures) but you need to enable the feature in the flicker account.. 

note: www.flickr.com only allows 1000 pictures to be uploaded!!!! so take 32 megapixels pictures to get the most out of your 1000 storage spots!!! 

Edited by sirslayer
oops wrong web page

Well... that's not really correct because of file types, compression, bit depth per pixel, etc., but what is correct is that the size of each images doesn't really matter unless there is some arbitrary limit placed upon that (like the one here on EB due to the intended use).  Flickr will work fine for you for a good long while unless you'll be very frequently posting images and many at a time.  Let's say you made 1 MOC a week that you wanted to show, and had 4 good pictures of each - you'd still need 5 years to hit the 1,000 picture limit on Flickr (and then you'd just need to upgrade to their Pro plan that is only $4/month and has unlimited storage).

And yes, Flickr has an app if you want to use it that way.  Don't let the very minor technical considerations get in the way of fun building and sharing!  :classic:

@deraven what planet did you come from?? 8 bits is a byte and have you ever heard of the RAW format!! and only a few cameras in the market support RAW recordings  and can't assume what compression he is using so using RAW is my default assumption and it took me a year to fill up my flickr account!! if you need help.. just send me a pm!!!  

@sirslayer Shouldn't be hijacking someone's topic... but yes, they could fill up a free Flickr account in a day, and some people who are active posters here have been on Flickr for 10 years and still haven't hit the 1,000 photo limit.  I was giving a a simple example of why there doesn't need to be anxiety about the 1K picture limit for a free account for most average users.

As for photo resolution and file size, if you don't understand how things like bit-depth, ISO, etc., affect RAW image file sizes, don't offer to "help" others with understanding.  By way of explicit example since you don't seem to understand or believe that these things are variable, take a look at this review of a current 24.2 megapixel Canon DSLR camera and scroll down to the "File Size and Media" section.  The table there has a great comparison of RAW file sizes with different cameras at different megapixel resolutions are different ISOs, and the largest RAW file any of the 24MP cameras produce at any ISO setting is 51.5MB (which is about 1/4 of the 192MB size you noted, though that is indeed the theoretical size based on simple math):

https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-Rebel-SL2.aspx

Universal???   are you a caveman?? @Maaboo35 or im not geting your commit..   and your right @deraven we shouldn't be hijacking and you should of PM me..  and im talking about industrial level not commerial and any way its not about the thread!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Sorry for to much offtopic, but 1Byte is 8bits, explanation for this you can read here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-bit

But to end this discussion, @Benbkab please use bricksafe or Flickr to host images (you can upload them there) and then post images with max 1024p resolution

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Sorry for to much offtopic, but 1Byte is 8bits, explanation for this you can read here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-bit

Usually, but not always, especially in regards to older systems. See here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

Anyway, @Benbkab, I'm looking forward to seeing your tractor! Tracked versions really don't get enough love.

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

@BenbkabTracked versions really don't get enough love.

Since we have new big sprockets from this year, I expect flood of tracked vehicles in near future.

Just now, I_Igor said:

Since we have new big sprockets from this year, I expect flood of tracked vehicles in near future.

Mm-hm. All we need is some red sprockets and we can build some Fendts. :excited:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Mm-hm. All we need is some red sprockets and we can build some Fendts. :excited:

Or you cover yellow one with red dishes (what I'll do on my next project but not fendt as son as my hand recovers...)

49 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Or you cover yellow one with red dishes (what I'll do on my next project but not fendt as son as my hand recovers...)

I really wish I could sort some pics out I've tried and tried again but nothing's working from my android phone it's looking good so far and based on the caterpillar challenger ?

@Benbkab

First question (since I could not find answer to it in previous posts): What kind of resolution you use an your android based phone (hope it is not Huawei...)?

Second: do you know where it stores it (folder should be DCIM/Camera)

Third: did you try to register on some picture hosting server (e.g. bricksafe)?

It is very easy to upload existing files via android...

another (extra) question: do you have pc or at least tablet?

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

@Benbkab

First question (since I could not find answer to it in previous posts): What kind of resolution you use an your android based phone (hope it is not Huawei...)?

Second: do you know where it stores it (folder should be DCIM/Camera)

Third: did you try to register on some picture hosting server (e.g. bricksafe)?

It is very easy to upload existing files via android...

another (extra) question: do you have pc or at least tab

let?

Hi Igor it's a Samsung s7 I've turned the camera down to its lowest setting 16:9 3.7m. I've signed up to Flickr  and yes have a laptop with Windows 10 on it

I also know where the dcim folder is too, just technology isn't my thing ? thanks for the replys 

I use bricksafe and all you need for upload images is to have account and use Upload in menu and then just drag images to desired location (copy them from Samsung).

BTW my wife has this S7 and mobile phone is great - it has only one false - battery can not be removed :wink:

If you need another help please PM me with your email and I'll try to make simple presentation (in next few days) to help you since you have PC with Win 10.

Kind regards

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

I use bricksafe and all you need for upload images is to have account and use Upload in menu and then just drag images to desired location (copy them from Samsung).

BTW my wife has this S7 and mobile phone is great - it has only one false - battery can not be removed :wink:

If you need another help please PM me with your email and I'll try to make simple presentation (in next few days) to help you since you have PC with Win 10.

Kind regards

Thanks for the help Igor  ?

1 minute ago, Benbkab said:

Thanks for the help Igor  ?

you are welcome :classic:

When I first joined Eurobricks forum I too was not familiar with how to upload images but following the Eurobricks guidelines I found out how to do it.

———————————————————

First upload your images onto your computer to a designated folder from your android phone,

Open your image folder, click image(s) you want to upload and drag  and drop across to the Flickr.

Click the blue box  “Upload X Photo(s).

Open Photostream (top left ) to view your images on Flickr.

Open desired images and to get the link for embedding on Eurobricks click the share arrow (bent arrow facing right) at bottom  right of the screen.

Share page opens  and select BBC Code

Next selected image size - medium size best for general use.

Either 600 x480 or 800 X 600

Max allowed on Eurobricks is 1024 x 768

Copy the the file code and paste it into your topic entry.

Click save & image will appear.

I find it easiest to compose any text along with the image codes on my computer first and then copy paste onto the forum.

Once done you can get on with your MOC.

Edited by Doug72

6 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

When I first joined Eurobricks forum I too was not familiar with how to upload images but following the Eurobricks guidelines I found out how to do it.

———————————————————

First upload your images onto your computer to a designated folder from your android phone,

Open your image folder, click image(s) you want to upload and drag  and drop across to the Flickr.

Click the blue box  “Upload X Photo(s).

Open Photostream (top right ) to view your images on Flickr.

Open desired images and to get the link for embedding on Eurobricks click the share arrow (bent arrow facing right) at bottom  right of the screen.

Share page opens  and select BBC Code

Next selected image  - medium size best for general use.

Either 600 x480 or 800 X 600

Max allowed on Eurobricks is 1024 x 768

Copy the the file code and paste it into your topic entry.

Click save & image will appear.

I find it easiest to compose any text along with the image codes on my computer first and then copy paste onto the forum.

Once done you can get on with your MOC.

Thanks Doug well explained and a little easier to understand I shall have a go tonight

Kind regards Ben