Aurore

[MOC] The Ring of the Nibelung

I'm honoured (and rather nervous) to present you my very first MOC since childhood...
As of now I had only built minifigures or modified existing sets. Then I built a Valkyrie minifigure. Gave her a horse (all girls want a pony, right?). Remembered the Nibelungenlied, the legend of Siegfried. Added other characters. Wanted to display them on a shelf and built them a stand. Now here they are...

Characters from Wagner's opera "Der Ring des Nibelungen" (Ring of the Nibelung). From left to right :
- One of the Rinemaidens, water nymphs and guardians of the Rhinegold,
- The Wanderer, aka Wotan, king of the gods, with the two Ravens,
- Brünnhilde the Valkyrie, with her horse Grane, 
- Siegfried, the infamous dragon slayer,
- Mime the Nibelung.

48024934472_c91f7e3430_h.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen by Aurore, sur Flickr

More details of each character:

48024860288_037839333e.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen : Rhinemaiden by Aurore, sur Flickr

48024861578_b6c39eb8a3.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen : Wotan by Aurore, sur Flickr

48024835516_d073a6eb34.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen : Brünnhilde by Aurore, sur Flickr

48024837356_5debc25a28.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen : Siegfried by Aurore, sur Flickr

48024941522_ae4cc2873e.jpgMythical - Der Ring des Nibelungen : Mime by Aurore, sur Flickr

Very nice figs.  I like the way you transitioned the base to fit each character.  I really like the Rhinemaiden and Wotan.  Nice job and welcome to Eurobricks!

On 6/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, Hunter003 said:

looks great. Love the trans red bar on the anvil as hot metal

Thank you very much! I can't claim the idea of the trans red bar though, I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere (but I don't remember where). 

@sander1992 Thank you! It's a great epic story about how cursed gold lead the norse/germanic gods to their demise. Many different versions exist though, with more or less surnatural elements... :knight:

What an attention to detail. You even got the one-eyed Wotan (or Odin) spot on, with his ravens Hugin and Munin. Excellent work!

@ArneNielsen, thank you very much! I'm really glad you appreciate Odin - I was really enthusiastic when this minifig head was realeased as it immediately made me think of him.

@GhostDog : thank you! It's true it's been a while since I have not seen a movie, serie, or whatever, based on this story...:sceptic:

This is very nice, love it! Keep on doing such pretty things in the Historic Themes

Ooh! That's brilliant! I love Wagner's Ring, even if its one of the more challenging works to listen through, to say the least :wink:. The characters and landscaping is very well done. Not a bad start into MOC-making! :classic:

Now I'd love to see some of the bad guys as well. Maybe Hagen, King Gunther, Hunding and Alberich. :classic:

@Littleworlds Thank you! I Indeed need to build a second series with those guys...I had drafted Hunding and Sieglinde, but was not satisfied with them. 

Admittedly I'm not familiar with the source material but these are some fine figures!

Very good, @Aurore - I have frontpaged your first post-childhood MOC.

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

Wow, thank you so much!! I feel really honoured by this feature!

You're welcome!