Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 75936 - Jurassic Park

4 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

But aren't the tyre tracks 2 blazers wide?

Yes, the only scaling issue is the tire tracks. Other than that, it’s pretty much spot on scale-wise

5 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

But aren't the tyre tracks 2 blazers wide?

The tire tracks are inaccurately sized, in one of the interviews a designer even says so

19 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Credit to U/Puresh1 on Reddit, definitely  minifigure scale 

I wonder who that is, he sounds like a really nice guy :roflmao:

I can see you guys have been pulling in my interviews from all over the place, so I thought I'd add this one I did in Singapore. It only went live yesterday.

17 hours ago, Nabii said:

I can see you guys have been pulling in my interviews from all over the place, so I thought I'd add this one I did in Singapore.

Wow, I didn't know you were responsible for the birth of the Olive Green color! :blush:

On 6/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Whovastron said:

iqh7hd9q9j631.jpg

Credit to U/Puresh1 on Reddit, definitely  minifigure scale 

Yes, I did that math too. I designed my own Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Jeep Wrangler vehicles. It seems that Lego does not have the cross license of both the vehicle and the film producers to make the JP vehicles. So if you want to build your own, feel free to follow these links. I made easy step-by-step pdf instructions for each vehicle and parts lists are on Rebrickable pages here:

Ford Explorer (tour vehicle): https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25912/Miro/jurassic-park-tour-vehicle-ford-explorer/

Jeep Wrangler (staff vehicle): https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25926/Miro/jurassic-park-staff-jeep/

The image below is not the final design, I added opening doors for the Ford Explorer, so now both vehicles have functional front doors. 2 minifigs fit in the Jeep and 3 in the Ford Explorer. Both vehicles are 6 wide as I tried to keep them proportional to the minifig scale. I am not a fan of Lego vehicles that make the minifigs look like children. I get it, mifnigs are a bit on the heavy side.

48098343873_38888fa08c_b.jpg

Here is what the Ford Explorer looks like next to the gate from the T-Rex set. I narrowed down the tracks using only the pieces from the set. I didn't apply the logo sticker as I am designing a brickbuilt version of the logo.

48225349601_8fac3c9caf_h.jpg

Cheers,

Miro

Anybody else build the Jurassic park TRex yet. I’ve built the Dino and working in the gate, but am having a terrible time getting the trex to stay standing and staying together (especially the tail and back of the head). The slightest vibration of the shelf causes it to fall over and pieces to fall cone apart. Anybody else have that issue.

Haven’t had this issue but I did adjust the head a bit. I switched the 2x2 modified brick with the ball with the regular 2x2 brick underneath it. That raises the head a bit and looks better IMO. Maybe that will help with stability I don’t know. 

I thought this set looked pretty cool when it was revealed, but after (finally!) building it today I will have to upgrade my opinion to frickin' awesome!

I found the build enjoyable, both the dino & gate looks great. Figures are very nice, I especially like the ones that we didn't get before (Hammond, Nedry & Arnold). The minifig stand is excellent too. 

Highly recommended to anyone who likes Jurassic Park.

@RyanMe No stability issues here. I can shake the desk with no sign of it even getting close to falling over.  You probably checked this already, but are both the joins on each leg clicked properly into place? That is really the only think I can think of that would cause it be unstable.

Sorry for the possible necro. Is it just me or are more people noticing that this set is not really in high demand?
While nearly all other big sets are backordered or nearly sold out, the JP set still seems available everywhere (in Europe atleast).

Perhaps it might be a plus, since there's a higher chance of a discount :tongue:

On 5/9/2020 at 7:11 AM, Doge said:

the JP set still seems available everywhere

In the US it's on backorder as of right now.

9 hours ago, UberCorp said:

In the US it's on backorder as of right now.

Thanks for the update! It seems that in Europe there's still plenty of stock. I've already emailed Lego about a possible retirement, I'm curious how long this set will still be available...