Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 75936 - Jurassic Park

48023067942_100c08fa7c_c.jpg

75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage

Ages 16+. 3120 pieces

US $249.99 CA $299.99 DE €249.99 UK £219.99 – FR €249.99 DK 1899DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build and display the classic Jurassic Park gate and T. rex dinosaur toy!

Enjoy an advanced building experience and relive classic movie moments with LEGO® Jurassic World 75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage. This collectible construction toy includes 3,120 building bricks and features the original Jurassic Park’s iconic gate and a large, fully posable, brick-built T. rex dinosaur toy which is ideal for display. The trigger-activated gate is framed by a wall incorporating 7 detailed, brick-built scenes inspired by the movie, such as John Hammond’s dining room, Ray Arnold’s control room and a bunker for Ian Malcolm. A must-have for Jurassic World fans, this toy construction set includes 6 minifigures and baby dinosaur figure, plus a minifigure display stand with T. rex facts plate.

·This dinosaur toy set includes 6 minifigures: John Hammond, Ian Malcolm, Ellie Sattler, Alan Grant, Ray Arnold and Dennis Nedry, plus a baby dinosaur figure.

·Brick-built LEGO® T. rex dinosaur toy features snapping jaws, posable head, arms, legs and tail.

·The brick-built LEGO® version of the original Jurassic Park’s iconic gate has an opening function, jungle leaves and flame elements.

·The wall framing the gate features a buildable dinosaur nest with 2 cracked egg elements at the top and other brick-built scenes inspired by the movie, including: a bunker with a buildable bed for Ian Malcolm, flashlight and fire extinguisher, plus ladder and display case elements; power shed for scene with Ellie Sattler; John Hammond’s dining room with table and minifigure chair, plus ice cream, spoon and 3 cookie elements; Ray Arnold’s control room with a buildable desk, 3 computers and a minifigure chair; scene with a buildable bathroom; scene for Dennis Nedry with a buildable mud slide and shaving cream can.

·This display toy model also includes a buildable minifigure display stand with T. rex facts plate.

·Accessory elements include John Hammond’s hat and cane, and Alan Grant’s hat and dinosaur claw.

·John Hammond, Ray Arnold and Dennis Nedry minifigures are new for June 2019.

·This collectible toy building set includes 3,120 pieces and makes a great dinosaur gift for adults.

·Jurassic Park gate measures over 16” (42cm) high, 18” (48cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.

·T. rex dinosaur measures over 8” (22cm) high, 27” (69cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide.

48023070142_cb00886c29_c.jpg

48023056207_210ba88ff9_c.jpg

48022979398_a452e56f71_c.jpg

48022978428_ddd1ec2d1f_c.jpg

48022980673_0e91dd1501_c.jpg

48023057587_d3e478fd81_c.jpg

48022977698_373ddf3c8f_c.jpg

48023058897_2dd0fbc648_c.jpg

48022957976_8a2aa18e45_c.jpg

48022981048_0cd9fcc025_c.jpg

48023059842_52e8e53b11_c.jpg

48022981598_6bc4a9ce19_c.jpg

48022956101_97e31960c5_c.jpg

48023060772_a1d0ffc4db_c.jpg

48022956611_125b5dfd38_c.jpg

48022956871_31af39a84b_c.jpg

48022983063_9850e2b3df_c.jpg

48022958466_8073c4a99d.jpg48022958506_fd867d0bc2.jpg

48023062832_402f34a6bf.jpg48022958776_5a9215f54a.jpg

48022984063_1331d1cee7.jpg48023062972_a4e0645ae3.jpg

48022958826_ea7b7e7d21.jpg48022958896_4807e61b0f.jpg

48022984383_f0b8a8c2fa.jpg48023063192_911c60d40f.jpg

This is a weird set... Don't know why, I'm a huge JP and JW fan, but it just doesn't rock my boat.

The T-rex looks off and the small hidden builds inside the backside of the gate seem - this sounds funny - out of place.

250€? That seems really expensive for what we're getting. The brick-built Rex and the little vignettes are nice and clever but it's not the visitors' center everyone was probably expecting.

The minifigs look great too but really sad we're not getting Muldoon or Gennaro instead of a second Ellie and Allan.

I think this is awesome! A giant brick build t-rex! I have suffered from severe Lego fatigue since the USC falcon, but this has just pulled me right back in. Would have been nice with the iconic Jurassic park car as well. Hopefully they will make one later. One nitpick would be the color scheme. I always think of the t-rex as more of a blue/gray color, but that is probably because most scenes in the film are in the dark.

Edited by Scarecrowman

Man does this suck!!!  I never thought a LEGO set would depress me that much...   I really need to rethink my priorities in life!

Edited by Mat099

I was so pumped for the Jurassic Park D2C set....and boy, is this deflating. I have such mixed feelings about this set.

The builds look pretty good, but there are just so many strange decisions going on here. Nothing seems to be the same scale. Wrong logo on the minifig display. No Jeep. 

I don't really get the attraction of Jurassic Park as a theme but I suppose there must be a lot of potential buyers if they're releasing sets like this. Maybe if you saw it for the first time as a child it would leave an impression on you, the same as Star Wars etc? But dinosaurs...and a theme park...just not interesting to me. Also, what would you do with this thing? It's too big to integrate with minifigures. And it will just attract dust as a display piece. 

1 hour ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I was so pumped for the Jurassic Park D2C set....and boy, is this deflating. I have such mixed feelings about this set.

The builds look pretty good, but there are just so many strange decisions going on here. Nothing seems to be the same scale. Wrong logo on the minifig display. No Jeep. 

As The_Chosen_1 says the Jurassic World logo on the UCS style sticker plaque instead of the Jurassic Park logo is a lazy mistake.

Other than that I don’t mind the set, but I wasn’t following the hype for a JP D2C set so I can understand why others are disappointed if they were expecting something different.

Weird type of set, but for that price I feel it's gonna have a very niche audience.

Edited by TeriXeri

The use of the Jurassic World logo instead of the Jurassic Park one is the decision of the license holder.

I'm sorry reception of this set seems to have fallen so flat. I was hoping people would like it. It seems everyone was expecting a visitors centre, I have no idea why as this was never even discussed. Hopefully as people start to get their hands on it the general impression of the set will improve. I tried to make it cool. Cheers everyone.

4 hours ago, Nabii said:

The use of the Jurassic World logo instead of the Jurassic Park one is the decision of the license holder.

I'm sorry reception of this set seems to have fallen so flat. I was hoping people would like it. It seems everyone was expecting a visitors centre, I have no idea why as this was never even discussed. Hopefully as people start to get their hands on it the general impression of the set will improve. I tried to make it cool. Cheers everyone.

As someone who has been a huge fan of Jurassic Park my entire life, having seen all three of the original films 175+ times each, I absolutely adore the set you created. It encaptures the feeling of the film in an amazing display model while still giving us a few minifig scaled vignettes in the back to place the figures in. And the brick built T.Rex is just a piece of art, it looks even more accurate to the movie Rex than the molded one without losing any posability. I've talked to a few other hardcore Jurassic Park- and Lego fans about this set too and most of them were really happy with the final product. I think the backlash isn't down to the product you created, but rather the expectations that many, many people have had that it would be a Visitors Center. You made me and a lot of other Jurassic fans very happy with this product :)

Edited by Puresh

Hi, @Nabii - Thanks for posting!  The visitors center was a rumor that started so long ago that people seem to have forgotten it was only just a rumor.  It probably started because of the visitors center that reached 10K on Ideas several years ago.  Add to that the fact that there's no previous history of larger-than-minifig-scale builds in the Jurassic World line and the large number of JP Jeep Wranglers and Ford Explorers on Flickr and I think there's a fair case to be made for expecting that <if> the rumored Jurassic Park D2C was a reality, it would be minifig scale and would have a vehicle or two and some larger vignettes.  To be fair, if the set as designed <had> been like that, no doubt there would be just as many people complaining that it was stolen from Ideas and just as many complaining about its design and features, just like they complained about the Classic Batcave and Betrayal at Bespin minifig-scale D2Cs.  For what it is (a gigantic brick-built T-Rex and Jurassic Park gate), 75936 is a pretty awesome set at a very reasonable price, and I would definitely buy it if that's what I wanted - but I must say I would rather have a standard molded T-Rex and a Speed Champions-size Explorer and Jeep for it to chase in a $70 set.

Off topic - the 75970+75975 combination of Overwatch spaceships is one of my favorite sets this year.  It looks great, is loads of fun to play with, and with a few City workers and astronauts substituted for the Overwatch characters it goes great with my City space center.  Thanks for building such a nice spaceship and stuffing it with so many play features.  Having never played the game, it's just a Spaceship to me!  - - -  By the way, did you design any of the sets for this summer's City space line?  The first time I saw pictures for 60224 Maintenance Mission Shuttle, I thought "this looks just like a Mark Stafford build!"

27 minutes ago, Nabii said:

The reception of your set has nothing to do with your set. People got the idea in their heads that something was coming...and it didn’t. Now, they’re taking it out on this set. 

I imagine you are correct in thinking that once people get a better look at it, and have time to get over the funk of being disappointed, they’ll come around to appreciating the set. I think it’s a well designed set that hits the mark well. It’s a great display piece & the T-Rex looks like it’ll be fun to build. 

I don't think it's a bad set, I should've called it "unique" and not "weird".

I love the look of the T-rex especially, and the gate looks like a clever design and good parts usage for the shaping with nice plants to make it less monotone.

It's still LEGO, could always build something else from the gate or dinosaur after a while if getting bored of a model.

Just sometimes I have to personally make decisions, especially on those big sets, even with very reasonable price/part ratios I have to set priorities on what to get.

Jurassic Park 1 and 2 have a big nostalgia factor for me, having read the book and owning the VHS tapes long ago.

Edited by TeriXeri

Ok I have to admit it doesnt look that bad now. Rather nice, actually. 

But still, I just dont find it interesting. 

The minifigures are great though. 

Any new pieces on this one? I cant spot any, but D2C sets are getting at least 1 new mold nowdays

Edited by Robert8

24 minutes ago, Nabii said:

I'm a big fan of the JP/JW saga, I even like JPIII (the spinosaurus set was one of the first sets) and Fallen Kingdom a lot and I like the set, but I can understand why people is complaining about it, and I don't think the set itself is the problem.

The set is great, and probably this can be the only way to have a minifig scale which is awesome (and between this or the visitors center, I don't care, I my opinion both choices are good). But I think the lack of the Jeep or the Explorer has triggered a lot of negative reactions. I have a Youtube channel where I upload videos building my mocs, and the JP cars have an insane amount of views. The Ford Explorer has 1 million views.

Another point is the dinosaur. This is mostly a subjective point, but I think the sauropoda intead of the T-Rex, which already have a good mold, would have been more interesting.

At this moment, I have a Ford Explorer from the JW videogame with a couple of modifications on my desk, and it's going to be with the JP set. I can't wait to put everything together. Really, I don't think the negative reactions are because of your work, the set itself is amazing.

It doesn't help that out of two Jurassic Park sets we haven't gotten the Explorer yet.

Honestly, had the explorer been included I wouldn't have a problem with this set. The gate and Trex have been done before (at smaller scale and with JW branding), so throwing in an element (like the explorer) that we've never had in any form would have been a saving grace.

Getting a couple of recycled minifigures is disappointing too. Ellie could have had her shirt color updated given that a more accurate color was introduced into the color pallette. Alan could have had a new facial expression.

It's a great set, but doesn't really give us much more than we've had before.

2 hours ago, strangely said:

It's a great set, but doesn't really give us much more than we've had before.

how many 27" long brick built t-rexes have this mythical 'we' had before?

3 hours ago, Nabii said:

It’s alright, it’s still great for what it is. I mean, that T-Rex does look amazing! I just don’t see it fitting in my display. The gates on the other hand, are they supposed to be size accurate to the minifig? Just2good says no, but the ones in the movie are huge, maybe you’ve made the tracks just a tad too big? (Although using the teeth/claw parts is really neat) it’s just a shame that some of the shaping seems to have to have been sacrificed for the interior detailing.

if the set had been the gates, but no T-Rex and instead a tour vehicle and all the characters, I would have gone for it immediately

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

if the set had been the gates, but no T-Rex and instead a tour vehicle and all the characters, I would have gone for it immediately

I think this right here perfectly encapsulates how many of the vocally negative people here and on other LEGO sites feel.

There have been plenty of discussions on Eurobricks and probably elsewhere on the question of - is LEGO putting out too many very large sets? Personally I don't have a problem with the number of large sets, as long as they make sense to be so large. Cloud City - makes sense to be large. Ninjago City sets - beautifully large. Etc. Etc.

This set on the other hand feels like it has no business being as large as it is because, like some others have said, it has two builds that pretty much don't go together besides sort of being "icons" from a particular franchise. Both builds are very well done, but to me and it seems to a fair percentage of the AFOLs who post their opinions online, only one of the two large builds is of interest: the gates. Those gates are fantastic, and I even like the very AFOL-y touch of the vignettes inside, but when only 50% of a big set interests me, there's unfortunately no way I'm going to even consider buying it.

It does seem therefore that this set could alienate a potential market by not being just the gates, plus an iconic JP-coloured vehicle.

44 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I think this right here perfectly encapsulates how many of the vocally negative people here and on other LEGO sites feel.

There have been plenty of discussions on Eurobricks and probably elsewhere on the question of - is LEGO putting out too many very large sets? Personally I don't have a problem with the number of large sets, as long as they make sense to be so large. Cloud City - makes sense to be large. Ninjago City sets - beautifully large. Etc. Etc.

This set on the other hand feels like it has no business being as large as it is because, like some others have said, it has two builds that pretty much don't go together besides sort of being "icons" from a particular franchise. Both builds are very well done, but to me and it seems to a fair percentage of the AFOLs who post their opinions online, only one of the two large builds is of interest: the gates. Those gates are fantastic, and I even like the very AFOL-y touch of the vignettes inside, but when only 50% of a big set interests me, there's unfortunately no way I'm going to even consider buying it.

It does seem therefore that this set could alienate a potential market by not being just the gates, plus an iconic JP-coloured vehicle.

I think that's a pretty good summary. We're also not at all hating on the builds, I think the creator made a fantastic job with them and it's far better than anything I'll ever be able to make. It's just that I feel we might have a very limited amount of JP sets and we need to make them count.

I expected the visitors' center because I expected a big pricey set but I would have been more than happy with the gate and the 2 iconic cars. I know a JP set without dino might sound odd but this one could have been more character- and vehicle-oriented and maybe one or two of the existing dino figs could have been thrown into it.

This is almost like getting 2 Ghostbusters sets and neither of them contains the Ecto-1.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

how many 27" long brick built t-rexes have this mythical 'we' had before?

None, I never said that we've had a 27" long brick built T-rex before.

My point is that while it's an awesome build, its two largest builds are movie elements that have been adapted into Lego before. Yes, there is some scale, build and branding differences, but that doesn't stop it from being another Jurassic franchise set featuring a gate and a T-rex.

I like the set, it looks great. It just would have been nice for them to adapt something we haven't had in any form before.

5 hours ago, Nabii said:

Don't worry, this is just the Internet where a loud minority of negative people gets most of the attention. All larger Lego sets gets over analyzed and most often also heavily criticized initially no matter how amazing they are, especially on these forums. We have never had a gigantic USC-like brick build dinosaur before, or any other large animal/monster for that matter. I think that alone is much more interesting than just another vehicle or building. I don't see the appeal of a visitor center as it will be off scale and full of compromises in order to keep the price reasonable (e.g. see cloud city from last year). It would also overlap with the JP set from last year. Anyway, this set is a day 1 purchase for me, and hopefully a JP car will be released next year perhaps together with a gigantic brick build Triceratops. One can hope.  

What kills this set is the key parts of the movie being ingrained at the gate, the toilet scene, along with the jello dining is way off and falls flat with this set they clearly could have used the pieces for at least making a makeshift Jeep, heck the included the rails, which makes me feel that they could throw it in later on.