dvogon

[Landspeeder][Cat A] - Patrol at the Starkiller base

Posted (edited)

Here is may take on this contest, which I find very nice. As 10 different entries are requested, I send mine. I hope this number will be valid for all categories and not per category.

This contest reminded me the need of having a proper First Order snow speeder in Lego. The retail one (75100) was so big that I found more interesting to reuse the pieces elsewhere than keeping the set built. The minifigs are great though... So that's the theme of my build: a mining-scale FO snow speeder.

For a one second shot in the movie it seems not to be the best choice for a landspeeder, well a snowed-land speeder :wink:, but to me it's much more interesting than the reduced (and early inverted version) of the same snow speeder that appeared in 75166 set.

However, I think the speeder has a great design and the removed chase scene would have been a good plus to the movie, giving the FO snow troopers a better role in the film.

To have a sense of the scale, the size and pieces count is around a 29,99€ Lego set. Hope you like it!

media?size=l

The speeder has a display stand featuring motion-blurred snowed terrain to feel that the shot is focused on the speeder itself but not on the terrain.

media?size=l

The stand has a small tilt to increase the speed and motion feeling that may be adjusted (just) a bit.

media?size=l

This is a front shot. The FO has found us! We are in trouble...

media?size=l

A shot from the back with a slightly more prominent tilt.

media?size=l

And that's it!

Below are other pictures focused on some details of the model:

Spoiler

This is the snowed-land motion-blurred display stand with a rather simple small adjustable tilt device. The tilt device isn't visible from most angles.

media?size=l

A top view of the snow speeder with its crew and accessories.

media?size=l

A complementary bottom view.

media?size=l

A lateral view to show the minifig proportions of the set.

media?size=l

Preparing the stuff for the next mission...

media?size=l

Edited by dvogon
Fixed instagram URLs

I like the fact that if you travel in the back seat you get a head rest. Luxury. Also like the bluish purple lighting in the photos. Good luck!

I like it! You've made it look a lot better!