bramant

[MOC] The English Townhouse (LEGO Ideas)

Hi again All!

I recently finished my new LEGO Ideas project "The English Townhouse". It started as a design for the Darling House from Peter Pan, but apparently Peter Pan is now an "active license" on Ideas since this weekend. The Disney flair would have certainly helped to promote my project, but I decided to give it my best ?! What do you think could be a fun addition to it? Would adding some minifigures help?

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b1054ed0-952e-4229-ba86-835e344a10ad

The English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English TownhouseThe English Townhouse

Edited by bramant
Added photos

That is lovely!  Yes, the Disney bit would have probably helped overall appeal since you'd have that 2nd-level draw to it, but it's still a great build.  I would definitely add some minifigs.  Maybe 18th or 19th century styled, and perhaps a family carriage/vehicle of some type.  

I don't think it needs the Disney seal of approval, to be honest. This is wonderful by itself. So much character, with intriguing details and the overall design is truly something else.

Edited by Kevin Flemming

7 hours ago, deraven said:

That is lovely!  Yes, the Disney bit would have probably helped overall appeal since you'd have that 2nd-level draw to it, but it's still a great build.  I would definitely add some minifigs.  Maybe 18th or 19th century styled, and perhaps a family carriage/vehicle of some type.  

Thanks! Yeah, I think I will try to find some nice minifigs and maybe sneak in a few extra hints to Wendy Darling :-).

22 minutes ago, Kevin Flemming said:

I don't think it needs the Disney seal of approval, to be honest. This is wonderful by itself. So much character, with intriguing details and the overall design is truly something else.

Thank you! Really had fun trying to make the furniture a bit unique. Sometimes hard to find something that hasn't been done yet, but quite happy with how it turned out. Might spice up the hallways and living room just a little bit, but there is a fine line between just enough and too much :-).

1 hour ago, peedeejay said:

Great interior details!

Thank you! Just checked out your Flickr, awesome stuff!

The level of detail in this model is incredible! Everywhere I look I see details that I would never have thought to include but that add greatly to the realism.

I like this MOC (and Ideas project) as it is, without Disney seal. I admit I didn't connect it to Wendy and Peter Pan innitially, but thought of it in terms of Creator and Architecture sets.

I like it for the interesting and realistic facade, and beautiful interior details.

In terms of approvement of the project, I can't think of much. Perhaps I'do go for minifigs, too. But children, not adults, playing on the top floor. 

This looks stunning! I especially love the little plants growing up the front facade of the house, but the details inside are equally great. Really good piece usage with that shower curtain (?).

If this is the way the Brits live, then maybe I should get a passport. 

Pretty good match for what we see in the movie; but it's modest enough of a location, and so well executed that I'd buy the darn thing. 

MAC

love the shower!! only bitim not mad keen on is the windows, criss cross style but that is personal choice, the internal details make it special tho

I love the detail yoive included.

However i do have some suggestions.

Ditch the Pan.  While you've executed it spot on I don't feel that should be your selling point. You have an amazing model ... Mention it was modeled after the house and showcase your work.

I feel you would have more luck with this if it had a back ... Similar to the haunted house.

Alternatively you could modular"ize" it