Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Whitcomb CP1300 - Diesel

Recommended Posts

Looks like a great beast. Any plans to build in IRL?

I would however (after my own experiences with M-motors) recommend to switch to L-motors. They are just a lot stronger and more versatile. But then again, that might be a problem since you only have a 5 stud wide hood... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, raised said:

Looks like a great beast. Any plans to build in IRL?

I would however (after my own experiences with M-motors) recommend to switch to L-motors. They are just a lot stronger and more versatile. But then again, that might be a problem since you only have a 5 stud wide hood... 

Thank You!

I don't know what is IRL :(

L Motors can be done, sacrificing the side grills and using Panels insted, however it will make the design (white stripe) looks bad, maybe if i build another color scheme version, like this, it can be done, i will need to simulate the grills with stickers/decals.

Resultado de imagem para cp 1300 comboio

39 minutes ago, Man with a hat said:

Nice creation, even though it is only virtual. And really like the brick built colour scheme. 

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice build @Sérgio!

37 minutes ago, Sérgio said:
1 hour ago, raised said:

Looks like a great beast. Any plans to build in IRL?

I would however (after my own experiences with M-motors) recommend to switch to L-motors. They are just a lot stronger and more versatile. But then again, that might be a problem since you only have a 5 stud wide hood... 

Thank You!

I don't know what is IRL :(

I was going to ask the same question as @raised - it means "In Real Life". :thumbup:

I too would love to see this in real bricks! :excited:

 

 

 

13 hours ago, Sérgio said:

by Sérgio Batista, no Flickr

By the way, I think you've made a small typo! :roflmao:

Edited by TheL390Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheL390Man said:

Very nice build @Sérgio!

I was going to ask the same question as @raised - it means "In Real Life". :thumbup:

I too would love to see this in real bricks! :excited:

 

 

 

By the way, I think you've made a small typo! :roflmao:

The "no" its in portuguese, means "at" :P


Oh, real Life... Maybe, but I have a lots of virtual trains on the line I want to do first :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sérgio said:

The "no" its in portuguese, means "at" :P

Ah, sorry, I just assumed it was ‘on’ backwards! It makes sense now! :facepalm:

By the way, your Flickr is excellent; you’ve got such a variety of trains!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice locomotive! Clearly recognizable as a Whitcomb (though this type was new to me). I'm not sure about those blades on the front though. I assume you used those to get the colours without relying on stickers? I think they disrupt the shape too much, and would use nothing at all or stickers myself (and I'm a sticker hater). :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rijkvv said:

Nice locomotive! Clearly recognizable as a Whitcomb (though this type was new to me). I'm not sure about those blades on the front though. I assume you used those to get the colours without relying on stickers? I think they disrupt the shape too much, and would use nothing at all or stickers myself (and I'm a sticker hater). :classic:

Thank You,

I´m not sticker hater, i use them a lot, actually this is my second version of this model, the first one isn't motorized and its supposed to used stickers, I know its a compromise using the blades, but i just try do use some unsual parts, sometimes works, sometimes not, if i Build this in real life and dont feel right about those blades, I will use stickers.

The first version:

14140436748_afeeb48df1_z.jpgSem título by Sérgio Batista


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This engine is a real charmer. Whitcombs (note correct spelling re your picture) are usually denoted by weight; what are the specs on the prototype?  Would it be 130 tons, perhaps?

I vote for stickers, by the way. Sorry, but those blades stick out and place emphasis on a detracting feature.

Sergio's a master, no doubt about it. Always such impressive builds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sérgio Yeah I meant 'In Real Life'. Internet slang

Fair enough regarding the L-motors, I indeed don't think that changing the grills for panels will make it any better. It's just a thing to keep in mind; M-motors are just not as strong as you would expect them to be, definately when compared to L-motors. L-motors have double the torque with the same RPM. Very interesting to see. You do need to gear them properly though, but that's something you already did with your M-motors as well ;) Anyways, have a look here for some more info on the differences between both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, raised said:

@Sérgio Yeah I meant 'In Real Life'. Internet slang

Fair enough regarding the L-motors, I indeed don't think that changing the grills for panels will make it any better. It's just a thing to keep in mind; M-motors are just not as strong as you would expect them to be, definately when compared to L-motors. L-motors have double the torque with the same RPM. Very interesting to see. You do need to gear them properly though, but that's something you already did with your M-motors as well ;) Anyways, have a look here for some more info on the differences between both. 

Nice Article!

After looking better to the L motors, they are 3x4studs, I think I could fit them in there without remaking the outside of the model.

I will try, and in the future, no more M motors on big(more than 1000parts) locomotives :)

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.