Recommended Posts

Unpleasant subject matter with that eco disaster... but you've done a great job of capturing it!  The platform itself looks great, but my favorite bit has to be that ship - great parts usage on the hull in particular!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's some heavy subject matter for a lego sculpture. reminds me that this is a flexible medium and not just an outlet to make tiny adorable buildings.

if you own a courthouse or prison-like building, i hope the minifigures responsible are held accountable over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love all the details packed into this. The helicopter platform is my favourite bit. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the red thingy in the middle which looks a bit like a church to me (not that that would be a bad thing if it were!). But great overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, deraven said:

Unpleasant subject matter with that eco disaster... but you've done a great job of capturing it!  The platform itself looks great, but my favorite bit has to be that ship - great parts usage on the hull in particular!

 

18 hours ago, corasaur said:

That's some heavy subject matter for a lego sculpture. reminds me that this is a flexible medium and not just an outlet to make tiny adorable buildings.

if you own a courthouse or prison-like building, i hope the minifigures responsible are held accountable over there.

Thanks deraven and corasaur. I typically like to keep my builds within the realm of what Lego would find acceptable but have been on a bit of an environmental theme as of late and the subject of deep water drilling is rather fascinating and somewhat worrying. Those responsible will be held accountable for the full cost of containment and cleanup.

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

Atleast it is not on fire.

Well done mini model.

Thanks. And yeah I didn't want to show a total and complete failure so its just subsea blowout at this point and the rig hasn't caught fire or sank.

3 hours ago, Retro said:

Love all the details packed into this. The helicopter platform is my favourite bit. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the red thingy in the middle which looks a bit like a church to me (not that that would be a bad thing if it were!). But great overall.

Thanks Retro. The red thingy is the derrick surrounding the drilling equipment. Was just a bit limited in replicating the typically tapered truss look at this scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The details at this scale are impressive, and even if it should all be...grimier, it looks very true to life. :wink: The ship in particular is very well shaped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.